Long Vacant, Abandoned Parcel up for Auction Monday

Started by ynkeesfn82, January 04, 2011, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

The Chung Property in Plainville, CT which has been vacant and abandoned for more than 10 years is going up for auction on Monday.

The property is located on New Britain Avenue across the street from The Plainville Commons and next to The Big Y Plaza.

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles/2011/01/04/news/doc4d23e26810f34264493853.txt

ynkeesfn82

Well after several delays they finally had the auction of The Chung Property. A Forestville based developer bought it. He plans to clean up the contaminents and go from there. No plans have been made as of yet.

http://newbritainherald.com/articles/2011/03/22/news/doc4d8808c67861b980713902.txt

ynkeesfn82

Here's are 2 of the abandoned buildings on the property. Photos are from Nick DiMaio (XISMZERO) on Flickr

Former Smith's Automatic Transmission Shop:

Former Chung's Buffet:

CTAmeshopper

It's about time they cleaned that place it's an eyesore!!!!!

ynkeesfn82

2013 upadate:

The notorious Chung Property remains sitting there. A 9 Acre Eyesore across from The Plainvile Commons. Mr. Senese (the Forestville developee who bought the property) was supposed to get a $300,000 loan for the environmental clean up only from the town of Plainville a couple weeks ago until someone stuck there nose where it didn't belong and determined that the loan is illegal.  >:( Now most in town believe this eyesore is going to remain for another 20 years.   >:(  It didn't happen, but it's too bad this weekend's blizzard didn't take care of that property.

ynkeesfn82

Still sitting there along with Senese's other property on Queen Street in Southington across from Shoprite next to 7-Eleven.

ynkeesfn82

Finally starting to come down. Some demolition work has finally begun at the notorious Chung Property in Plainville. The old Chung's Buffet building (which was Lum's and later Muir's) is gone and some other parts of the property have been demolition. Stay tuned.

Hudsons81

Sounds like the infamous International Foods Marketplace Buffet in Allen Park, Michigan. It operated for only two years in the early 1980's in a building that resembled a McDonald's restaurant from that vintage on Allen Road next to Thunderbowl Lanes. The building was never retenanted after IFMB closed-that's nearly 30 years! During that time, the building had deteriorated and parts of the parking lot had an out-of-control weed invasion. Finally torn down this year. I'm not even sure if anything's supposed to go in there, however.

ynkeesfn82

Those familiar with this property will now noticed that the red haunted house that was home to The Book Exchange has just been ripped down. I remember the creaky stairs. At one time this was a private residence. The house was notorious. I can't find the articles online right now, but I believe it was in the 1940s when 2 guys who escaped from prison, dressed up as women showed up at this house, asked to spend the night and murdered the women who lived in this house.