Market Basket

Started by Caldor1999, May 08, 2005, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i dont know much about this chine
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

They have supermarkets in Mass and NH.  They also own some real estate like shopping centers.  

I like Market Basket because they are an independent chain facing Shaw's, Stop & Shop and Hannaford.  They have good prices and many supermarket are not too large.  They have an "old school" style and don't have pharmacies in the stores.  

They don't have a website...

Caldor1999

looks like a nice chain
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

Here's one of the two Market Basket in Concord NH.  (Bradlees Plaza)

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here's one of the two Market Basket in Concord NH.  (Bradlees Plaza)

wow cool looking store:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
They have supermarkets in Mass and NH.  They also own some real estate like shopping centers.  

I like Market Basket because they are an independent chain facing Shaw's, Stop & Shop and Hannaford.  They have good prices and many supermarket are not too large.  They have an "old school" style and don't have pharmacies in the stores.  

They don't have a website...

Most market baskets are in the Lawrence Mass/Lowell Mass/ Haverhill MAss/Nashua Nh/SAlem NH area.

There are 4 in NAshua (1 on Daniel WEbster hwy and 3 on Amherst st), 3 in billerica (all on the same road), 3 in haverhill, 3 in Lowell, 2 in Methuen, 2 in Fitchburg Mass, 2 in Tewksbury, 2 in Salem NH, 2 in Plaistow NH.

d_fife

d_fife

this is what one of the two in SAlem NH looks like. IT is the only store in the chain left still named Demoulas

IT is store #6. a website said it is 49,127 square feet and another, no longer around, said it was built in 1964.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this is what one of the two in SAlem NH looks like. IT is the only store in the chain left still named Demoulas

IT is store #4.

This other Market Basket is one of the two in Tewksbury, Store Number 22 I think. The whole plaza was rebuilt and Market BAsket moved into a bigger location. I went to the old one once and it was small and old.

d_fife

THIS IS THE ONE IN TILTON THAT OPENED last year (June 9, 2004). IT is store number 59 and said to be like 64,000 square feet

http://www.freewebs.com/cbf8989/storelocations.htm

These locations are missing from the massachusetts locations: Billerifca Mall, BIllerica- Boston RD TOwne Plaza, the one listen in Chelmsford on 199 Boston RD is really in Billerica, Lowell- Fletcher st, Bellingham hartford ave, MEthuen Haverhill ave, DAnvers Endicott st, LEominster Commerical st, Burlington Middlesex mall, and forgot to list all the nh locations.

d_fife

this one is in Somerville, it is like Store 27 (probably opened 1981) and something said it is 46,278 square feet,

d_fife

THIS IS MARKET BASKET STORE NUMBER #1. THis was not really the first MARket basket, because the first one moved to this spot, FLETCHER ST and it (This relocated locaiton) was said to have opened in MAy 1997 and is 44,000 square feet.

d_fife

THIS IS THE ONE IN WILMINGTON AND STORE NUMBER 3.

d_fife

THIS IS MARKET BASKET IN BILLERICA IN TOWNE PLAZa. IT was store number 7. SO it may have opened in like 1965. I heard this store got expanded and remodeled, and it appears they expanded it toward the front.

d_fife

THIS IS THE MARKET BASKET IN WOBURN IT IS STORE NUMBER 20. IT IS In the woburn mall and a small store. I Do not know the square footage. The store opened in like 1977 or 1978.

d_fife

This is the one in Billerica on 199 Boston rd in trebel cove plaza and the store is said to be 47,000 square feet, and store number 44. I may have opened 15 years ago.

d_fife

this is one of the market basket in TEWksbury MAss! and store number 8. IT may have opened in like 1966.

d_fife

THis is one of the two market baskets in Fitchburg. IT is the one on WAter st in teh Central Plaza (I saw this plaza and it is VERY OLD) The store is store number 13 and I believe opened 1970 and the store is said to be 40,000 square feet. and it is said that the plaza may be renovated and remodeled and the MArket Basket may move into the vacant STuart's (Still vacant and the outlne of the lettering showed and 62,000 square feet).

d_fife

This is a collage of market baskets.

The MArket basket with the red brim near the entrence is in Methuen on Pleasant Valley Rd and store number 18 I beleive and is said to be 30,460 square feet, and is next to Wal-mart (once an old School CAldor)

d_fife

this one is in Lowell on Wood st in the middlesex plaza and I believe store number 19. the store was not very big.

d_fife

the store on the very left is MARket basket. it is like store number 21 and said to be 30,400 square feet. The store is in Burlington MAss.

d_fife

This market basket is in Bellingham MAss in STallbrook Marketplace and said to be like 63,000 square feet and store number 53 I beleive.

d_fife

This is the market basket in Concord. In the capitol Plaza. IT is like store number 35. and is said to be about 25,000 square feet. the building was remodeled alittle because whole plaza got remodeled.

The other MArket BAsket in Concord on Fort Eddy Road got expanded and remodeled about 10 years ago and is like store number 34. The fort Eddy MArket BAsket is said to be 60,000 square feet and used to be white and the other quarter of the building (left side) brown. IT expanded into a half of a vacant Walgreens that closed 10 years ago.

The picture here is the one in the Capitol Plaza in Concord.

d_fife

This is one of the two MArket BAskets in SEabrook. IT is in southgate plaza. It used to be Zayre (it closed because there was an Ames up the road). IT is like store number 45.

d_fife

The building to the right is the other MArket BAsket in Seabrook. IT is in the Seabrook Plaza. IT is like store number 33. and said to be 41,390 square feet. The building is white and like about the last 100 feet of the building (Right side) is brown).

d_fife

This is the market bakset in the Tri City plaza in Somersworth. IT is like store number 38 and said to be 58,000 square feet and was originally 45,000 square feet. IT was expanded in the mid-late 1990s.

d_fife

somersworth;s old look.

d_fife

this is one of the two market baskets in Portsmouth NH. IT is the one in the Marshalls MAll (With Kmart) on Woodbury ave and store number 23 I believe and opened in like 1978. I know that is when Kmart openmed.

d_fife

this is the market basket in WEstford mass, it is said to be 42,956 square feet and store number 38, so it may have opened in like 1986.

d_fife

This MArket basket is the one in Nashua on Amherst st in Somerset Plaza, it is store number 44 and opened in like early 1990. But Kmart in the plaza opened in early 1989. The store was expanded only by a little, by adding to the front. It appears that 1,000 square feet or something like that mya have been added