Checkers coming to CT

Started by TRU7536, July 09, 2010, 06:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

JN

ynkeesfn82

One of the towns mentioned in this article as a possible location of Checkers is the town of Bristol. Now I'm not familiar with this restaurant so I don't know their space requirements, I believe the perfect location would be the old Taco Bell on Farmington Ave (Route 6) across the street from Home Depot. (Taco Bell moved up Route 6 a little ways). I live in Bristol and have on and off since I was 9 months old. (I was gone from 2003-2009) and Bristol is pretty damn boring. We need something different. Truthfully even though I live here I don't shop here a lot. I go to Shoprite in Waterbury. I go to Walmart in Southington. I go to Dollar Tree in Southington (but then again that's because the Bristol one isn't allowed to have a frozen food/dairy section). I basically patronize 5 businesses in Bristol - Price Chopper, Stop & Shop, Aldi (for Milk mainly), Century Buffet, and Discount Food Outlet. There is only on reason I don't like the Price Chopper in Bristol (and it's pretty silly actually) and that is the fact that they don't sell the 40 ounce bottle of Bud Lite. It's very inexpensive and they sell at their Southington Store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marc B

ynkeesfn82

I was right. Checkers will be opening in the old Taco Bell Building at 1146 Farmington Avenue in Bristol! In the Bristol Press there's a property transfer Taco Bell of America to Nutmeg Burgers Inc.

AmesNewington

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on November 29, 2010, 11:48:03 PM
I was right. Checkers will be opening in the old Taco Bell Building at 1146 Farmington Avenue in Bristol! In the Bristol Press there's a property transfer Taco Bell of America to Nutmeg Burgers Inc.

Taco Bell closed on Farmington Ave? I went there many years ago. That's kind of a small space for a drive-in.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: AmesNewington on November 30, 2010, 07:56:05 AM
Taco Bell closed on Farmington Ave? I went there many years ago. That's kind of a small space for a drive-in.

About 3 years ago they built a new restaurant further up the avenue near Eblen's. Across the street from Big Lots Plaza.

BillyGr

The article listed at the top shows not found now, so I can't see what that said about what they plan to build.

However, the couple of Checkers I saw (I think they were in NJ??) were just a building with a drive thru on both sides and maybe a couple outdoor tables out front for warm weather (so think of basically a Sonic minus the canopies for parking - just the building and tables with a lane on each side).  Would something that size be any larger than a Taco Bell?  Maybe not even as big, considering the lack of parking spots needed?

retailisking

I remember Checkers' sister restaurant Rally's had a location on Amherst Street in Nashua, NH a couple decades ago; it was a double drive-thru configuration.  It became a McDonald's drive-thru location.

videogamer75

Quote from: BillyGr on November 30, 2010, 09:33:29 PM

The article listed at the top shows not found now, so I can't see what that said about what they plan to build.

However, the couple of Checkers I saw (I think they were in NJ??) were just a building with a drive thru on both sides and maybe a couple outdoor tables out front for warm weather (so think of basically a Sonic minus the canopies for parking - just the building and tables with a lane on each side).  Would something that size be any larger than a Taco Bell?  Maybe not even as big, considering the lack of parking spots needed?

They're starting to build restaurants with indoor dining rooms now. One in my area is located in a former Taco Bell.

ynkeesfn82

Checkers is opening in Bristol the second week in January. I may check it out. Sounds good.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-checkers-restaurant-opening-20101203%2C0%2C2990676.story

JimSawhill

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 04, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
How are they doing?? 

Hi Jim. I'm a big liar. I never tried it. It's still open. Don't know if it's any good. They opened last year and not long after they opened they laid off a bunch of people.

ynkeesfn82

Checkers closed their only Connecticut location in Bristol last week.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on December 06, 2013, 09:38:49 AM
Checkers closed their only Connecticut location in Bristol last week.

I guess they got the associates that are in the checkers near my office. No big loss for CT IMHO since Checkers/Rallys food is just OK.