Quality Markets pics

Started by Jag67, May 08, 2005, 05:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Quality Markets is a pretty good SM. They used to have many many locations, but now they're just down to 1 or 2. Here's the location in Tonawanda, which closed in December 2003. This was built in the 70's as a Bells Bazarre. I believe it became Quality when Bells went out in the early 90's. It was renovated about a year or two before it's closure:(.

I went around and got some pics.

Jag67

Inside with yours truly. (why do people always look so fat when they're taking pictures?)

Jag67

Jag67

Jeez, people are dumping stuff here already.

Jag67

here's a quality that's still open.

jmn3

Hey Jag,

That was actually originally a Hengerer's (not sure when it opened, but I would think a LONG time ago...50's, 60's??) and for a few years operated as Sibley's.  It closed around '83 or so when Sibley's opened the Boulevard Mall store.  Bells "Bazaar" moved in after Sibley's moved out.  This place has been renovated so many times, that you can't even possibly, by looking at it, imagine it being a pre-cursor to a modern day Kaufmann's store.

Jag67

man, pretty small for a department store!! I knew Hengerer's/Sibley's was on this site, but I didn't know it was the same building!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Jeez, people are dumping stuff here already.

people always dump stuff when a store closes when my Caldor closed in may 1999 in sep there was a car left in the back someone keeped it there along with some couchs and a ovion lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

when our local k-mart closed people were dumping everything from sofas to dishwashers to travel guides on the site. Sad, sad...

Caldor1999

when our local k-mart closed people were dumping everything from sofas to dishwashers to travel guides on the site. Sad, sad...

yea it is i was at sams on sunday and there was trash all over the front of the store
:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

jmn3

man, pretty small for a department store!! I knew Hengerer's/Sibley's was on this site, but I didn't know it was the same building!!

True...but don't forget, when stores like Hengerer's and AM&A's were opening stores in 1950, the suburbs were a gamble and they were operating major, multi-level stores downtown.  AM&A's at University Plaza wasn't even 10,000 square feet when it opened in 1948.

Jag67

jeez...heheh, that's kinda funny. So the Hengerer's/Sibley's/Bells Bazaar/Quality was built in 1950??

Jag67

another pic. Looks like the grass was cut since i took the last pics lol:roll:

storehistoryguy

There logo reminds me of the Old Genuardi's logo.

storehistoryguy

Are they connected with P&C Foods because they both have the same website. Look.
Quality Markets
P&C Foods

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Are they connected with P&C Foods because they both have the same website. Look.
Quality Markets
P&C Foods

Same company. The Whois of both sites show "The Penn Traffic Co." as being the registrant.

d_fife

here is the quality markets in dunkirk new york that was built in 1967 and 37000 square feet.

from Keith Cornish of http://www.storetrax.com/stx/showProperty.do?centerId=4644

d_fife

quality markets in warren pa

HeatherM

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
quality markets in warren pa

I'm new....and from Warren. This location closed in August of last year I believe it was. There is a Bilo in town which is also owned by PennTraffic and they chose the Bilo over Quality. Everyone claims it is the Wal-mart that did it but honestly this store has almost closed a few times in the passed few years. Funny, you actually passed an old Jamesway when you took this picture. The Valu Home Centers (where I used to work) was Jamesway until it flooded in 1993 (I think that is the year). The Eckerds is now Rite Aid too.