Main Menu

Weather

Started by Marc82, March 16, 2010, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

The horrible weather is finally over in the New England Areas. Up in my part of Connecticut no major damage. Fairfield County on the other hand is a disaster. Trees, Power Lines, and Power poles down everywhere. Schools are closed for a second day in parts of the County. Flooding in the Boston-Area. Progressive Talk 1510 WWZN in Boston is down for the count because their transmission site is under water. Over in New Jersey my buddy at WVNJ 1160 in Teaneck tells me the station has been without power since Saturday and they won't be getting it back until Thursday at the earliest. The bottom floor of the building where the station is located is flooded. The station has been off and on thanks to generator power. The transmission site for GOSPEL 1190 in NYC is either under water or has no power. They're off the air until further notice. Wondering also how some of our all-time favorite abandoned AMES/BRADLESS/ETC are holding out.

GothicPrincess

Down here in Western PA, the only major thing we have is flooding from all the snow melting from the rain. Today is a sunny 50 degrees so far, just beautiful. There really isn't any flooding near me, just this one lady had a pond in her yard for 2 days. It's gone now. The Connemaugh River was supposed to flood a few days ago, but I don't think it did. I'm not near it anyway, it's a few miles away from me. Only a few places lost power, but they are already back up and running. Anyone else?
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

gu4ever

NH was still in a state of emergency from the last heavey wind storm. They are still out cleaning up fallen tree limbs and stuff like that. The rain did create problems in the areas that it always has in the past 5 or 10 years now. Living in the city of Manchester I'm pretty safe from flooding, although the Merrimack River is just across the street and it's running pretty high right now.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.