Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

Quote from: Kmart4life on February 10, 2012, 10:54:26 AM
I cannot understand how a company this friggin big can't keep ther stores stocked and clean! Thank God I have Kmart, Target and Big Lots. WALMART SUCKS!!!!

WALMARTS are nasty..last weekend I walked into the the one in Hartford...WOW! that location looks like a war zone!

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on February 10, 2012, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: Kmart4life on February 10, 2012, 10:54:26 AM
I cannot understand how a company this friggin big can't keep ther stores stocked and clean! Thank God I have Kmart, Target and Big Lots. WALMART SUCKS!!!!

WALMARTS are nasty..last weekend I walked into the the one in Hartford...WOW! that location looks like a war zone!

What in Hartford doesn't look like a war zone?  ;D

Kmart4life

Our Walmart is a trash dump and the place needs to be condemed >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Bdubs

The Manchester, CT Walmart is the nastiest I have ever seen.  For a small non supercenter, it has to be one of the busiest walmarts in the state.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Bdubs on February 26, 2012, 06:05:33 PM
The Manchester, CT Walmart is the nastiest I have ever seen.  For a small non supercenter, it has to be one of the busiest walmarts in the state.

They were the first in the state of Connecticut. Several years ago they wanted to move to South Windsor, but the town turned them down. They should've bought the mostly abandoned Manchester Parkade and built their Supercenter there.

Kmart4life

GOD I HATE WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Kmart4life

I have completely eliminated walmart from my shopping and am shopping at Kmart, Target & Big Lots more than any other place. In the last year I have been to walmart twice. I only go there if I neccesarily need something or if I can't find it anywhere else. WALMART CAN BURN IN HELL!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I do not like how Walmart treats their employees (including women). Until Shopko or Meijer expands into that part of the United States, or Kmart plans a new retail startegy, I'm afraid you're stuck with them. Well, at least there's Target. And if you like toys, there's Toys "R" Us.

Kmart4life

Walmart now requires a valid ID to make exchanges/returns, my wife exchanged some diapers today and they needed an ID card in order for her to do it. How stupid is this stores policies getting? "Every dog has it's day and Walmart will have theirs one day". >:( >:( >:(

jerseygearhead

I don't willingly shop at Walmart anymore if I can help it. The two in my area have snotty staff that barely speak English and they accuse everyone under 30 of shoplifting. I've had loss prevention follow my friend and I around the store because they've "seen" me steal a CD when I was only going to a different department to buy more things.

Never will I go back.

XDeSuEhTX

Walmart is the epitome of everything I hate about modern retail, and not even because it holds the vast majority of the discount retail market. But because it's a store of cheapness, you simply get what you pay for. You aren't getting ahead by shopping there, you're just cutting corners, much like they do to bring you those marginal discounts. Whether it's under-the-table agreements with OEM to package different products as the same thing especially for them, utilizing slave-labor in China, or being the richest company in the world who can't find it within their budget to give their employees a decent wage or benefits, Walmart is despicable.

I never buy anything that matters from Walmart, I stop in now and then for a few necessities where Kroger deli fails to deliver, or something that is just plain hard to find anywhere else, like spray paint for plastics. Most of the time, Walmart isn't going to save me anything, and I most-likely will be dissatisfied to buy something substantial from there. I also want to point out that the grocery department usually isn't nothing special like is often touted. Kroger beats their prices on the majority of edibles that I often buy.

So again, screw Walmart. I hate that store for everything it has done to our economy, and for ushering in the new low of everything cheap and nasty.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: XDeSuEhTX on December 18, 2012, 08:32:29 PM
Walmart is the epitome of everything I hate about modern retail, and not even because it holds the vast majority of the discount retail market. But because it's a store of cheapness, you simply get what you pay for. You aren't getting ahead by shopping there, you're just cutting corners, much like they do to bring you those marginal discounts. Whether it's under-the-table agreements with OEM to package different products as the same thing especially for them, utilizing slave-labor in China, or being the richest company in the world who can't find it within their budget to give their employees a decent wage or benefits, Walmart is despicable.

I never buy anything that matters from Walmart, I stop in now and then for a few necessities where Kroger deli fails to deliver, or something that is just plain hard to find anywhere else, like spray paint for plastics. Most of the time, Walmart isn't going to save me anything, and I most-likely will be dissatisfied to buy something substantial from there. I also want to point out that the grocery department usually isn't nothing special like is often touted. Kroger beats their prices on the majority of edibles that I often buy.

So again, screw Walmart. I hate that store for everything it has done to our economy, and for ushering in the new low of everything cheap and nasty.

I quite personally agree with you. I despise Wal*Mart for the way that they have not only played a major part in killing our economy, but at the same time, I see them just as responsible for the job losses in our country as the recession. There was a Wal*Mart built back in the mid 1990's in the city east of where I grew up in. In just a couple of years it killed half of the business in the city that it was built in. It seems that Wal*Mart has a knack for doing this no matter there they build a their stores.

Another thing that I would like to mention is that Sam Walton's children were not grateful for the wonderful company that he handed down to them. All his children care about is the money that their father handed down to them and the greed shows in their actions in the ways that they take benefits away from their employees so that they can have the money all to themselves.

Kmart4life

Yeah they LOVE to kill other businesses. >:( >:( >:(

ynkeesfn82

I don't know what you idiots are talking about Walmart attracts business. In Bristol, Connecticut Walmart opened then Ruby Tuesdays, Home Depot, La Fitness, Chilis, and Arbys. None of these would have opened without Walmart.

XDeSuEhTX

Quote from: Marc B on December 19, 2012, 01:24:11 PM
I don't know what you idiots are talking about Walmart attracts business. In Bristol, Connecticut Walmart opened then Ruby Tuesdays, Home Depot, La Fitness, Chilis, and Arbys. None of these would have opened without Walmart.

We don't all live in or near a big city Marc, Bristol offers a more robust economy than other places. You live in a metro area, all of those companies have that market covered thoroughly already, and no thanks to one or another, but rather to whomever develops the plazas that they're housed in and secures them as fixtures on the property. Even where I live we've got a Ruby, Chili's, a new Olive Garden, new sporting-goods stores, etc. None of that has to do with the fact that Walmart has two locations here, it has to do with the New River and boyscout summit that is coming soon. There were actually more people and more business here before Walmart ever came around. This area used to have a downtown, there used to be a lot of small business (wasn't so small then) around here. There use to be variety, even during the shopping mall era, we had business divided up amongst many competitors, with more selection, more quality control, and also meant more jobs, because only so many people can work for one giant big box store.

Walmart is the second largest employer in my home state behind the coal mines, reason being everything is gone from here. Do you think that is a good thing? That half of the people in this state live below poverty levels because they all work at a greedy trillion-dollar-a-year corporation that won't pay them better than minimum wage, and don't offer decent benefits? It's not a good thing. They are the masters of manipulation and that's exactly why they are sitting on top.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

Kmart4life

Non of us on this board are idiots, we choose who we like and dislike.

jmcnamara96

Quote from: XDeSuEhTX on December 18, 2012, 08:32:29 PM

I hate shopping there but i agree my hobby (aside from retail :P) is building model cars and i hate how much spray paint is elsewhere so i honestly have no choice but to get it there 96 cents for flat black or like 3 dollars at other places like come on we all know we will choose walmart...

zonemad96

kmart a rundown ghost town with prices more expensive then walmart unless the item is or sale or clearance really the only reason i go to kmart more than walmart is to go bargin hunting in the clearance section

target a great chain of stores if you like paying more money for a slightly higer qualty product but too expensive for most middle class to do the majority of their shopping their

then theirs walmart stuff thats usually expensive for cheap as hell anything i can get at target or kmart i get at walmart cheaper and they usually have more so why bother with kmart or target? sure kmarts got their clearance stuff like 2 dollar book bags and 2 dollar pants and a 50 cent sonic figureine and other stuff
and targets got their... targets got their... yeah they never appealed to me but walmarts got more and cheaper stuff the only question is would you rather pay more for the same thing? and most americans say GIVE ME CHEAP STUFF AND LOTS OF IT thats why walmart is top dog

Kmart4life

Walmart must be doing something wrong here because there is talk of building a new Kmart on the North end of town because my store is busy almost all the time. And besides Walmart stores here are disgusting with nasty white trash walking around all the time like they are at some kind of whit trash convention. They should change their slogan to "Walmart the white trash hangout"!

Zayre88

Walmart appears to be struggling with keeping their stores fully stocked:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-02/wal-mart-customers-complain-bare-shelves-are-widespread.html

I did notice that recently in NH, stores had empty shelves and hooks, something nut usually seen at Walmart.  The Hudson NH store was awful: small store, narrow aisles, empty shelves, busy, noisy and huge crowds around the registers...  not a nice shopping experience...

TRU7536

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 06, 2013, 07:54:39 AM
Walmart appears to be struggling with keeping their stores fully stocked:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-02/wal-mart-customers-complain-bare-shelves-are-widespread.html

I did notice that recently in NH, stores had empty shelves and hooks, something nut usually seen at Walmart.  The Hudson NH store was awful: small store, narrow aisles, empty shelves, busy, noisy and huge crowds around the registers...  not a nice shopping experience...

They are to cheap to hire more people! I dont understand why you would have 20 check out lanes and only two open!

Who would want to work miminal wage at walmart? rather work at mcdonalds lol

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on April 06, 2013, 11:59:30 AM
Who would want to work miminal wage at walmart? rather work at mcdonalds lol

That's a misconception. Most people at Walmart start at more than Minimum Wage. When I started there in 2008 minimum wage in Connecticut was $8/HR and they were starting cashiers without experience at $8.30/HR and someone like myself who had previous cashier expereince started at $8.90/HR. I got a 40 cent raise after one year. At the store I was working - Southington, CT the only people getting minimum wage were the Greeters and even they got raise after a while.

Kmart4life

4,017 units nationwide, and I am wishing and praying for the death of Walmart. >:(

Zayre88

Quote from: Kmart4life on April 06, 2013, 02:03:05 PM
4,017 units nationwide, and I am wishing and praying for the death of Walmart. >:(

Its size may one day prove to be Walmart's Achilles heel.

How big can a company become and still be efficient and manageable?

Kmart4life

ynkeesfn82

If you want 1.8 million people to lose their job so be it, but it will sure f*ck up the economy.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Marc B on April 06, 2013, 08:33:38 PM

If you want 1.8 million people to lose their job so be it, but it will sure f*ck up the economy.
I have already seen Wal*Mart kill enough jobs in my area. Jobs may be lost at first if Wal*Mart were to be shut down, but they would soon grow again as other chains would build therefore creating more jobs, but at the same time these new chains would need to value the consumer exactly the same way that both The Hills & Ames Department Store Chains did to prevent the same thing from repeating itself like it has already happened with Wal*Mart where all Sam Walton's kids care about is the money and not the consumer.

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 06, 2013, 02:41:57 PM

Its size may one day prove to be Walmart's Achilles heel.

How big can a company become and still be efficient and manageable?
I understand where you are coming from exactly. Why do you think that family owned business and smaller corporation chains do so well? It is because they try not to grow too big where they can still take care of and manage the stores that they currently have while at the same time keeps them active in their stores which allows them to get to know and take care of their consumer's needs better.

Caldor1999

I just went into one for the first time in over 10 years. I must say its even worse then i remembered it. The stores smell horrible everything is disorganized and the people that shop there.... dont even get me started lol now i know why there is a peopleofwalmart.com

but id rather shop at a kmart before i ever step foot into a walmart again good thing we have target.
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

bubcolbert1952

It pisses me off that lots of people (OK maybe just some people) don't know the difference between Walmart and Kmart. Sounds ridiculous but there really are such people in this country! And not only that but it doesn't make any sense that lots of people refer to Walmart Supercenters as "Super Walmart"... a name that the company never used. However Kmart once used the name "Super Kmart Center" but changed it to "Super Kmart" and Target has a handful of "SuperTarget" stores. It also seems a bit defeatist that Walmart changed their official name from "Wal-Mart" to "Walmart", because plenty of people never seemed to notice the hyphen when it was used. And it bugged me when people would type the old name as "Wal*Mart", because the star in the logo was to represent a hyphen. Anyone not an idiot would know the star was just a stylistic replacement for the hyphen, which was used in the logo before 1992 when Sam died.