Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

DISCUSS!

tokensafari

lol finally we have a spot just for this. I was getting tired of people spamming each thread with "wal-mart sucks" all the time. It's a good start!!

Caldor99

hears somthing i made

shakethis1234

THe Way this is going Walmart will be the only store to shop at

C. Fontaine

Here's an idea, someone should make a Wal-Mart Edition Monopoly game.  Hehehe.  All of the spaces will be overridden department stores.

amesman

lol That's a good idea..:dizzy::tumble:

tokensafari

lol lets do it... there can be different edtions, such as Ames, Caldor, Jamesway, Bradlees, Hills, and so on...

amesman

awesome idea..and instead of the monopoly logo in the middle, it could be the company logo...heh :D

Zayre88

I posted this just before the old website crashed...  Wal-Mart has stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, UK (with ASDA), Argentina and Korea...

But there is a chain in Australia called BIG W, it started as Woolworths but not the F.W.Woolworth.  They have slogans like WE SELL FOR LESS anr other things... see for yourself:

http://www.bigw.com.au/Pages/About2.asp

amesman

woah, cool. They steal from Wal Mart for once..lol

store215

Something is fishy here...Wal-Mart must own them in some form,, but for some reason they don't want to say they do)

C. Fontaine

Wal-Mart in disguise...

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
lol lets do it... there can be different edtions, such as Ames, Caldor, Jamesway, Bradlees, Hills, and so on...
Here's a start...

amesman

yeah!! Awesome! We could make something out of this..;)

Zayre88

As part of an ogoing effort to improve its public image and combat criticism of company labor practices, Wal-Mart on Thursday bought full-page advertisments in more than 100 newspapers across the country.
"For too long, others have had free rein to say things about our company that just aren't true," Wal-Mart ceo Lee Scott said. "We've decided it's time to draw our own line in the sand."

Also on Thursday, the company launched a non-commercial Web site, www.walmartfacts.com, to help its associates, consumers, reporters and others learn about the company. - DSN Retailing Today - Jan. 13 2005

:roll:

tokensafari

Who do we believe? Wal-Mart Facts.com you know is biased as a mother!

Chris

I've tried to make Wal-Mart seem like a good store and keep defending it. But today, I realized I was wrong. My mom sister and myself went for things. They finally cleaned up the mess of merchandise all over the floor. Anyways, there was one register open that took more than 10 items. It was the cashier that had an attitude. She was complaining that there were too many people shopping on Sunday, and they shouldn't be buying so many things. She kept complaining to my mom on and on and made her nervous, and shocked. The customer in front of her told this cashier he hopes she has a better day. Anyways then she says, "I don't care if they fire me, I just can't believe this." Come on stupid woman, it's a store and as many people can go the store if they want, and they can buy as much as they want, no matter what day it is. Then, the cashier manager is yelling at the customers to go to Customer Service if you have 10 items or less. I sware everyone in that line had over 10 items, and the manager kept yelling at everyone. Then his fat hippo cashier that we can't stand either, opens another register and is like "Come on" to the other people, talking to them if they were animals. My mom is reporting the cashier we had to the store, if they even care. No cashier should complain about his/her job to customers, etc. That store has gotten worse every year ever since it opened in 2001. I told my mom that Ames never had a bad cashier in their store ever, neither does Target. They're all friendly, which is part of their job. Wal-Mart can shove it. I dare know what Sam Walton would think of his Wal-Mart. He should of stuck with Sam's Club!! Also, while Ames across the street closed and is being re-occupied, and Bradlees was filled with Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart should be friendly down to heaven. Sorry if I was too graphic or long!!

AMES FOREVER! NEWINGTON STILL MISSES YOU!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris
I've tried to make Wal-Mart seem like a good store and keep defending it. But today, I realized I was wrong. My mom sister and myself went for things. They finally cleaned up the mess of merchandise all over the floor. Anyways, there was one register open that took more than 10 items. It was the cashier that had an attitude. She was complaining that there were too many people shopping on Sunday, and they shouldn't be buying so many things. She kept complaining to my mom on and on and made her nervous, and shocked. The customer in front of her told this cashier he hopes she has a better day. Anyways then she says, "I don't care if they fire me, I just can't believe this." Come on stupid woman, it's a store and as many people can go the store if they want, and they can buy as much as they want, no matter what day it is. Then, the cashier manager is yelling at the customers to go to Customer Service if you have 10 items or less. I sware everyone in that line had over 10 items, and the manager kept yelling at everyone. Then his fat hippo cashier that we can't stand either, opens another register and is like "Come on" to the other people, talking to them if they were animals. My mom is reporting the cashier we had to the store, if they even care. No cashier should complain about his/her job to customers, etc. That store has gotten worse every year ever since it opened in 2001. I told my mom that Ames never had a bad cashier in their store ever, neither does Target. They're all friendly, which is part of their job. Wal-Mart can shove it. I dare know what Sam Walton would think of his Wal-Mart. He should of stuck with Sam's Club!! Also, while Ames across the street closed and is being re-occupied, and Bradlees was filled with Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart should be friendly down to heaven. Sorry if I was too graphic or long!!

AMES FOREVER! NEWINGTON STILL MISSES YOU!
WOW How rude that person was i always get that feel when im at wal mart. TargetAnd Even Kmart dosent have that kida service there i never had that problem when i went to Ames Or Caldor to
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I posted this just before the old website crashed...  Wal-Mart has stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, UK (with ASDA), Argentina and Korea...

But there is a chain in Australia called BIG W, it started as Woolworths but not the F.W.Woolworth.  They have slogans like WE SELL FOR LESS anr other things... see for yourself:

http://www.bigw.com.au/Pages/About2.asp

AmesmanBBTB

:holysh: the big W logo has a very uncanny resemblence to Walmarts logo!

Plus "we sell for less" is one of Walmarts slogans!

yessshh!:o gives me the creeps!

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

heres an idea:goodidea:

how about we drive out all the new unnative stores out of New England Walmart,Target,Kohl's... and restore all the closed chains Ames, Bradlees, Caldor....

A bit of nostolgia what do you think?:bigsmile:

Anonymous

All I have to say to Walmart is

"F:bum::bum::bum: YOU!"

WALMART IS CHEAP AND I DON'T MEAN THEIR LOW PRICES!:bigsmile:

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
All I have to say to Walmart is

"F:bum::bum::bum: YOU!"

WALMART IS CHEAP AND I DON'T MEAN THEIR LOW PRICES!:bigsmile:

was me AmesmanBBTB

Anonymous

A WORLD WITHOUT WALMART IS A HAPPY ONE!:bigsmile::cool:

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB that was me

And a world without Ames is a sad one!:(:hurt::barf::no:

store215

I predict wal-mart will be gone or reduced significantly (hopefully before putting everyone else out) within the next 20 years. Wal-Mart is overexpanding greatly, plus they are sunk if China or any of those countries gets involved in some sort of war.

irishgypsy323

In southwestern PA we didn't experience a Walmart or a Wally-World boom until a few years ago. Prior to that the closest Walmart was about an hour away, and i thought it a was an amazing store. Over the next few years I saw local towns all but shut down due to their monopoly. The service is HORRIBLE, the stores un-shoppable due to crowds of people who role in once a month it seems to stock up on supplies and half the time what I'm looking for isn't even in stock. I'm a Target shopper and will sing the Tar-zhay praises until Walmart finally self-destructs. ....Boycoting Sam Walton's empire in Pittsburgh...

Anonymous

I'm a TARGET fan too!! Their merchandise is better, especially clothing....and more trendy!!!! I wish there was a TARGET in my town...I must drive 40 minutes, now. :-(

Go TARGET Go!!! Go...Go..Go!!!!!

store215

I'm a TARGET fan too!! Their merchandise is better, especially clothing....and more trendy!!!! I wish there was a TARGET in my town...I must drive 40 minutes, now. :-(

Go TARGET Go!!! Go...Go..Go!!!!!

Don't be so quick to say that. I am not saying Target is a bad store as they are competition to Wal-Mart, but I haven't found products (especially clothes and electronics) to be the same quality as I might find at JCPenney or Kmart. Target buys too many imports, mainly from China, and just housing it in a fancier store in better areas. Now Target is opening a few stores a week, and now there is SuperTarget to watch out for.

Caldor1999

AmesmanBBTB that was me

And a world without Ames is a sad one!:(:hurt::barf::no:
yep and no more Caldor Bradlees Ames Jamesway Maby even Kmart and Sears too Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Henchger:(:barf::hurt::no::no::no:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

SomeBeach

I think that if Wal-Fart is going to build stores every 10 feet, they need to vary the sizes more. Every store they build is a supercenter these days. What I'd do is put smaller, Kmart sized stores in smaller towns, and small supercenters in mid sized towns, and then larger (but not the ridculous behemoths they build now) supercenters in big towns.

By the way, I've noticed that there's no supercenters in the Detroit area, even though many stores are only a couple years old.