Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by SomeBeach
I think that if Wal-Fart is going to build stores every 10 feet, they need to vary the sizes more. Every store they build is a supercenter these days. What I'd do is put smaller, Kmart sized stores in smaller towns, and small supercenters in mid sized towns, and then larger (but not the ridculous behemoths they build now) supercenters in big towns.

By the way, I've noticed that there's no supercenters in the Detroit area, even though many stores are only a couple years old.

I believe I read on another message board that there is a Kmart SuperCenter in Detroit itself... (and that Detroit has no real supermarket chains in the city).--Sort of off topic

SomeBeach

There is a Kmart within Detroit city limits, but I thought Kmart was getting rid of the grocery sections of Supercenters.

And there are a couple Save-A-Lots in Detroit itself, and I think a Farmer Jack too -- that sorta counts, it's an A & P brand.

Caldor1999

did u hear about Wal Mart there trying to go upscail a bit like Target i read it in the paper today there haveing troble Keeping up with Target and Bed Bath & Beyond and even the Gap lol this is good news for me hopefuly if this turnaround donsent work they will start closing stores and fillney close 4 good ;):yup::roll::tumble::P:D:bounce::):bouncing::bouncing::dizzy:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76fanAmesmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by SomeBeach
I think that if Wal-Fart is going to build stores every 10 feet, they need to vary the sizes more. Every store they build is a supercenter these days. What I'd do is put smaller, Kmart sized stores in smaller towns, and small supercenters in mid sized towns, and then larger (but not the ridculous behemoths they build now) supercenters in big towns.

By the way, I've noticed that there's no supercenters in the Detroit area, even though many stores are only a couple years old.

WAL-FART! thats good one lol :insane:

Jag67

Caldor1999

Sprawl Mart:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

76fanAmesmanBBTB

actually both names "Mal-Wart" and "Sprawl Mart" make sense

since calling Wal-Mart, Mal-Wart  means actually in my opinion that Wal-Mart IS a Mall Wart in other words it is a wart to malls. Something that malls probalbly think is fearful and ugly( just like a girl hates warts) because they sciphen/take away sales from malls and their achor stores since Wal-Mart is a Big Box store!

and the name Sprawl Mart could relate to the fact that they want to sprawl all over the U.S. AND the world to kill off all other stores INCLUDING supermarkets!

Anonymous

76fanAmesmanBBTB

again Walmarts strategy from Albequerque Tribune

PLEASE DELETE PREVIOUS POSTS OF THIS!

Anonymous

76fanAmesmanBBTB

Notice the last line saying " We do substantial good in the communities that we locate"

YEAH! SURE! Wally Fart! tell that to the area that lost Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,D&L,some Kmarts, NU STARS, Jamesway Franks Nursery,and other stores!

HAVING ABANDONED STORES THAT WERE AT ONE TIME GREAT STORES UP FOR LEASE AND FOR SALE THAT LOOK DIRTY AND MAKE AN AREA LOOK POOR AND HAVING A LOSS OF JOBS IS "GOOD" FOR THE COMMUNITY?  :mad: :hurt:

I THINK NOT!

Wally Fart! :insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
76fanAmesmanBBTB

Notice in the Article that they ARE DEFINATELY TARGETING TARGET

talking about " take away from some of those sales"

Walmarts a bully AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIST!

ITS A THREAT TO ALL STORES!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
76fanAmesmanBBTB

Notice in the Article that they ARE DEFINATELY TARGETING TARGET

talking about " take away from some of those sales"

Walmarts a bully AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO EXIST!

ITS A THREAT TO ALL STORES!

my opion on Tearget is that i see mroe people going there then i do at wal mart and Wal Mart latley is haveing troble with Target cause there lossing sales to the a bit no enoufe to threantin the company but Target is doing better then evre now
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Good. The only thing they do that's kinda dumb is like how they put signs saying how good DVD recorders and how bad VCRs are..RIGHT NEXT to the VCRS!!! Doersn't that hurt sales?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I DON'T CARE WHAT WAL-MART SUPPORTERS SAY!

WE NEED TO DRIVE WALMART OUT OF BUSINESS

IT IS A THREAT TO OUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE,FREEDOM TO SHOP ANYWHERE WE WANT TO, AND FREEDOM TO HAVE UNIONS AND HAVE MANUFACTURING JOBS

JUST  LOOK AT WHAT THEY'VE ALREADY DONE!

HOW MANY STORES HAVE WE'VE LOST IN JUST THE NEW ENGLAND AREA ALONE?

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

IF WAL-MART HAD ITS WAY IT WOULD KILL OFF EVERY STORE EXCEPT ITS OWN

IN OTHER WORDS YOU COULD ONLY BE ABLE TO SHOP AT WALMART

SCARY HUH?:(:o:no::holysh::o:(

Jag67

But monopolization is against the law. BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!:bum:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
But monopolization is against the law. BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!:bum:

gee I hope you're meaning to stick that bum out at Walmart and not out at me:rolleyes:;)

I DON'T SUPPORT WALMART!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Allright I confess. :saint:

When I first walked into my newly opened Walmart in Torrington about 10 years ago I thought it was cool and stuff :holysh:

especially cheap prices:bouncing:

liked their commercials :)

enjoyed seeing the smily face :bigsmile:

AW HECK I Could OF sworn it was like Caldor!:o

and me and my family ALWAYS went there to shop!

until after problably around when Ames was closing I found out Walmart's dirty little secret: to make all the so called "competition" history.
:o
THEY wanted to undersell so much to close MY STORES in MY own neighborhood!!

they won't stop until they make other stores to  hardly be able  to compete with Walmart.

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

Kmarts doing its best so far

Frank's went GOB but are reorganizing

you see Walmarts making it a tough time for local and eventually national chains to operate with such DEMAND FOR LOWER PRICES NO MATTER WHAT :o

Walmarts gonna kill them off one by one THEY KEEP SHOVING INTO TOWNS AND AREAS WITHOUT A WALMART AND SAY "THEY NEED US TO SURVIVE" AND EVEN AFTER THAT THEY KEEP BUILDING MORE AND MORE STORES MAKING LOCAL STORES WEAKER

THEIR SHOVING THIS "LOW PRICE" JUNK DOWN THEIR THROATS !

SO THATS WHY I RARELY GO TO THEM FOR SHOPPING!

BTW Walmart didn't need to come up here in New England we already had a stable retail store economy we had Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,and other local chains functioning
fine and who knows? they could of been a HUGE success if they were allowed to operate WITHOUT tough competition they could of sooner or later expand to become national chains and would bring in more revenue for us! BENEFITING US!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

BUT NOOOOO! WALMART HAD TO COME UP HERE AND SCREW IT UP! NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE!:mad::mad::mad::mad::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

When I first walked into my newly opened Walmart in Torrington about 10 years ago I thought it was cool and stuff :holysh:

until after problably around when Ames was closing I found out Walmart's dirty little secret: to make all the so called "competition" history.

they won't stop until they make other stores to  hardly be able  to compete with Walmart.

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

you see Walmarts making it a tough time for local and eventually national chains to operate with such DEMAND FOR LOWER PRICES NO MATTER WHAT :o

Walmarts gonna kill them off one by one THEY KEEP SHOVING INTO TOWNS AND AREAS WITHOUT A WALMART AND SAY "THEY NEED US TO SURVIVE" AND EVEN AFTER THAT THEY KEEP BUILDING MORE AND MORE STORES MAKING LOCAL STORES WEAKER

BTW Walmart didn't need to come up here in New England we already had a stable retail store economy we had Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,and other local chains functioning
fine and who knows? they could of been a HUGE success if they were allowed to operate WITHOUT tough competition they could of sooner or later expand to become national chains and would bring in more revenue for us! BENEFITING US!:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

BUT NOOOOO! WALMART HAD TO COME UP HERE AND SCREW IT UP! NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE!:mad::mad::mad::mad::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

NOT TO MENTION THE JOBS THAT ARE BEING LOST TO OVERSEAS!

BTW I go by what a store does not what it is!The name does not matter its what they actually do that matters!

I mean if a different store did this I'd be bashing all the same and this particular stores name happens to be Walmart

For Example lets say this as a senario

Lets say Caldor was doing what Walmart's doing killing off stores and taking away jobs and banning unionnizing etc. would I bash them? YES! Even though they are a local chain AND I know them well (and would sort of be rooting for them BUT I would realize what their doing is BAD!) that would not excuse them for their qwest to dominate. For Caldor to be the ONLY store to shop at and all the other chains GONE!

I mean IF Caldor WAS being SO DOMINATING that Ames couldn't compete with them and went GOB

WOULD I BE MAD?

YES ALL THE SAME!  

IF Caldor forced the closing of Ames would you be mad?

I would think so!

So heres my point its  not the store chain name that matters when dealing with an overpowering company what matters is what the store chain is doing to be overpowering

If the overpowering company that was using Walmart's tactics was:
Bradlees
Kmart
Ames
Caldor
JCPenny
Sears
etc.

I would be bashing them all the same

Caldor1999

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

BTW I go by what a store does not what it is!The name does not matter its what they actually do that matters!

I mean if a different store did this I'd be bashing all the same and this particular stores name happens to be Walmart

Lets say Caldor was doing what Walmart's doing killing off stores and taking away jobs and banning unionnizing etc. would I bash them? YES! Even though they are a local chain AND I know them well (and would sort of be rooting for them BUT I would realize what their doing is BAD!) that would not excuse them for their qwest to dominate. For Caldor to be the ONLY store to shop at and all the other chains GONE!

I mean IF Caldor WAS being SO DOMINATING that Ames couldn't compete with them and went GOB

WOULD I BE MAD?

YES ALL THE SAME!  

I would think so!

So heres my point its  not the store chain name that matters when dealing with an overpowering company what matters is what the store chain is doing to be overpowering

Bradlees
Kmart
Ames
Caldor
JCPenny
Sears
etc.

u guys wanna know whay Jamesway and Zayer had troble staying up there for Zayre it was outdated stores and compishion from Caldor Bradlees AMes and Jamesway

mean while Jmasway had troble cause of Ames Bradlees Caldor and Kmart and such wich was one of the resions they went out

so most of these small stores didi put out some outhere stores too
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

WOULD I BE MAD?

YES ALL THE SAME!  

I would think so!

Bradlees
Kmart
Ames
Caldor
JCPenny
Sears
etc.

u guys wanna know whay Jamesway and Zayer had troble staying up there for Zayre it was outdated stores and compishion from Caldor Bradlees AMes and Jamesway

mean while Jmasway had troble cause of Ames Bradlees Caldor and Kmart and such wich was one of the resions they went out

huh........ I never knew that !:o

well at least Caldor didn't go so far like Walmart did to literally KILL of all the competition!

well okay so we didn't have a perfect retail market oh well

Caldor1999

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

WOULD I BE MAD?

YES ALL THE SAME!  

I would think so!

Bradlees
Kmart
Ames
Caldor
JCPenny
Sears
etc.

well at least Caldor didn't go so far like Walmart did to literally KILL of all the competition!

i find old web acrtiles on them and i read up about Jamesway and Zayre but we have Target and they nevre really put stores outta bizz and if Caldor became big i would want them to be like Target and not Wal Mart
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Caldor's tried failed

Ames tried failed

Bradlees tried failed

WOULD I BE MAD?

YES ALL THE SAME!  

I would think so!

Bradlees
Kmart
Ames
Caldor
JCPenny
Sears
etc.

i find old web acrtiles on them and i read up about Jamesway and Zayre but we have Target and they nevre really put stores outta bizz and if Caldor became big i would want them to be like Target and not Wal Mart

exactly what I mean!

If Caldor really did go nationwide and would be like Target I WOULD HOPE THEY GOT TO #1 fairly AND NOT LIKE WALMART BY STALKING ALL THEIR COMPETITION AND KILLING IT OFF!

Caldor1999

Target is not to blam for Jamesway Bradlees Caldor Ames Service Merchandise Montgomery Ward Best and Venture closeing was many becaose of Wal Mart and i dont know why anyone would shop and such a horrble looking store that sells crap come on Kmart is better then wal mart and Kmart look more upscail then them too i really think people should start to care about were they shop cause wal mart dose not have goood qualty Kmart Target Sears JC Penny Filene's Lord & taylor Macys Blommingdail that has qulty thjats wal mart dose not have not to mention wal mart sells packed meat Stop & Shop Grand Union A&P Waldbayums Price Chopper ect sells it to but unlike Walmart they have a buttchers and stuff tnat wal mart dose nto have so people should theink befor they step in wal mart cause in my opion there wasting there money on the crap they sell sure it cheeper but unlike many outer stores it dose not have the quatley that outher store have people jus gotta understand that
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Target is not to blam for Jamesway Bradlees Caldor Ames Service Merchandise Montgomery Ward Best and Venture closeing was many becaose of Wal Mart and i dont know why anyone would shop and such a horrble looking store that sells crap come on Kmart is better then wal mart and Kmart look more upscail then them too i really think people should start to care about were they shop cause wal mart dose not have goood qualty Kmart Target Sears JC Penny Filene's Lord & taylor Macys Blommingdail that has qulty thjats wal mart dose not have not to mention wal mart sells packed meat Stop & Shop Grand Union A&P Waldbayums Price Chopper ect sells it to but unlike Walmart they have a buttchers and stuff tnat wal mart dose nto have so people should theink befor they step in wal mart cause in my opion there wasting there money on the crap they sell sure it cheeper but unlike many outer stores it dose not have the quatley that outher store have people jus gotta understand that

oh yeah plus the name "WAL*MART" sounds so dated to me sounds so 1960s retail storish

I MEAN THE EVEN THE NAME "CALDOR" sounds up to date because they had a image of keeping ahead staying with the times alway updated!

I mean if Caldor was still around in 2005 it wouldn't seem dated provided they update the logo a little

they plan to too in 2001 they were planning to go "Conformist Blue" I think thats what they call it BUT WAL*MART BEING A A-hole didn't want anyof that so Caldors is gone  :(

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Walmart OVERDOMINATING

already #1(not on my LIST!)

they're planning to elimainate all other chains altogether

FORCING THIS FRICKING SUPERCENTER LOW PRICE CRAP DOWN OUR THROATS!

they're arleady the leader sheesh!

Isn't that enough for them ?

NO THEY WANT TO BE THE ONLY CHAIN TO SHOP AT !

I RARELY SHOP AT THEM NOW!

I FEEL GUILTY FOR SHOPPING AT THEM BEFORE  LITTLE KNOWING WHAT THEY DO!!!!

WELL NOW I DO!

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THEM IS TO BOYCOTT THEM!
AND SHOP AT YOUR LOCAL TARGET OR ANYWHERE ELSE TO KEEP DIVERSITY IN SHOPPING VENUES ALIVE!!

Jag67

Quotethey plan to too in 2001 they were planning to go "Common Blue"

That sounds so sad.:(

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

GO KMAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTT TOOOOOOOOO!

LOL:insane::cool::bounce::bouncing:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Imagine one day that Wally-Fart finally closed :o

Imagine a world with a bankrupt Walmart :rolleyes:

its a much happier place:bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Would I miss Walmart if it closed?

No

nothing memorable in there and they want to close all other stores

BTW one company Walmart bought in 1981 was Kuhn's BIG K REALLY COOL LOOKING!

would want to see one some day

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I hope Walmart fails in their plan and goes GOB over it

I MEAN come on! to close all other chains is a lot for one store to handle!

theres so much of them

I believe Walmarts over confident (hopefully)