Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Quotethey plan to too in 2001 they were planning to go "Common Blue"

That sounds so sad.:(

yeah and I never knew Caldor was planning a new look until I found it on the internet

the logo in blue if I remember from seeing a pic from a catalog posted somewhere it looked like the recent last one except the letters were blue the apostrophe thing or something thing over  the D was removed and they took away the red background
would've looked cool

here I've made a powerpoint rendition of it

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
Quotethey plan to too in 2001 they were planning to go "Common Blue"

That sounds so sad.:(

yeah and I never knew Caldor was planning a new look until I found it on the internet

the logo in blue if I remember from seeing a pic from a catalog posted somewhere it looked like the recent last one except the letters were blue the apostrophe thing or something thing over  the D was removed and they took away the red background
would've looked cool

here I've made a powerpoint rendition of it

here now compare this to wal*marts outdated looking logo

WHICH ONE LOOKS MORE RECENT HMMM?:mrpink::yup:

Caldor1999

My Dream is to have a chain of stores and call it Caldor i would sell food and garden stuff along with furnter it will be like a Target Greatland/Montgomery Ward/ Service Merchandise TYPE STORE I WOULD ALSO SELL CHEEP CLOUSTH AND DEPT STORE SCLOUTHS LIKE MACYS DOSE AND SUCH THEY THAT STORE WILL PUT WAL MART OUTTA BIZZ NOT TO MENTION I WILL OPEN THAT STORE IN A PLACE WERE ONE SMALL WAL MART STORE LIVE AND THEN IT WILL CLOSE FOR GOOD AND I WILL USE THE CALDOR NAME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL:insane::insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

this is from my post in caldor on the closed chains thread

posting it here to make people aware:

"I don't mean to offend any one here but I disagree with Zayre88 in Wal*Mart being great

sure sure its a success story

BUT AT WHAT COST?

HOW MANY STORES HAVE TO CLOSE BEFORE WE REALIZE WE'RE LIMITING OUR CHOICE?

HOW MANY JOBS HAVE TO BE LOST BEFORE WE REALIZE WE'RE SENDING THEM OVERSEAS?

HOW LONG DO WE REALIZE THAT WE'RE KILLING OUR OWN TOWNS VALUE TO SUPPORT A BIG COMPANY WHO HATES ALL OTHER COMPANY

I DON'T CARE IF THE REGIONAL CHAINS WERN'T COMPETITIVE ENOUUGH THEY WERE FINE THEY WERE PLAYING FAIR!

THEY USED TALENT NOT "UNDERSELLING PRICES"

AND DON'T FORGET Kmart's apperciation for customers and their quality

customer appreciation
good service
quality

ALL THREE OF THESE WAL-MART DOES NOT CARE ABOUT IT JUST WANTS LOW PRICES AND MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

HOW ELSE DOU YOU THINK THEY GOT TO BE THE LARGEST CORPORATION IN THE WORLD? DUH!:duh:

AND YOU KNOW THOSE OTHER STORES YOU LIKE TO SHOP AT BESIDES WAL-MART? Kmart,Target,Shopko,Kohl's etc. Well in Wal-mart's world they would be gone yep its true :yup::o:( all the other stores are considered "competition" to them unbelivable" isn't  it?

And those supermarkets you like Safeway,Price Chopper, Stop& Shop, Big Y,Shop Rite etc. guess what! If Wal-mart had its way they would all be GONE GOB CLOSED LOST FOREVER!
THATS WHY THEY BUILD THOSE SUPER HUGE SUPERCENTERS!!!

WAL-MART WILL ONLY BE SATISFIED WHEN:

1.when you go shop for things the only place you could shop is Wal-mart
2.When you go shopping for groceries the only place you could do it is at a Wal-Mart Supercenter

NOW HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION?

THIS IS WHY WALMART MUST GO GOB BECAUSE IF THEY SUCCEED AT THEIR GOAL THEN THE ONLY PLACE YOU COULD SHOP AT IS WALMART!!!!

I'm NOT KIDDING!!!

I'm planning to post this also in the walmart bashing thread"

Jag67

I hate Sprawl-Fart a LOT LOT LOT!!! They made our local k-mart GOB, my FAVORITE store on ALL THE EARTH!!! I think they're going too far. Putting beautiful and DECORATIVE and UNUSUAL stores out of business for their ugly boring all-white mega-size supercenters. They say they have lower prices. The price of my camera was EXACTLY the same at K-Mart than it was at Hel-Mart!! THE EXACT SAME PRICE!!! So why doesn't everyone go to K-Mart? BECAUSE MAL-WART PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!!! Not to mention the K-Mart employees are actually FRIENDLY and actually care about the costomers!! I don't know why Wal-Fart  must put poor helpless stores out of business THAT POSE NO THREAT TO THEM!!! Do they consider every store competition?? EVERY single store ever founded?? That's what it sounds like..:flaming::flaming:

Caldor1999

dont people care about qultey with the stuff they by why do they shop at wal mart when u can get better stuff at Kmart and Target not to mention much mor ebetter stuff Best Buy Bed Bath & Byeond Home Goods Bloomingdails Macys Sears JC Penny Filene's and Filene's Basment ect so i dont get why people shop at Wal MART  aka sprawl Mart
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I hate Sprawl-Fart a LOT LOT LOT!!! They made our local k-mart GOB, my FAVORITE store on ALL THE EARTH!!! I think they're going too far. Putting beautiful and DECORATIVE and UNUSUAL stores out of business for their ugly boring all-white mega-size supercenters. They say they have lower prices. The price of my camera was EXACTLY the same at K-Mart than it was at Hel-Mart!! THE EXACT SAME PRICE!!! So why doesn't everyone go to K-Mart? BECAUSE MAL-WART PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!!! Not to mention the K-Mart employees are actually FRIENDLY and actually care about the costomers!! I don't know why Wal-Fart  must put poor helpless stores out of business THAT POSE NO THREAT TO THEM!!! Do they consider every store competition?? EVERY single store ever founded?? That's what it sounds like..:flaming::flaming:

YEP:yup: you got it !

they wan't all the stores besides them GOB

freaky huh?

I THINK ITS CHEATING AND UNFAIR

for they've been #1 on the retail list for like HOW LONG?

since 1990

You would think that would be enough for them

but they want to be the only store you could shop at

its sick! I know:barf:

Caldor1999

Wal Mart has been loosing money latley and sales too i read this in the paper and i heard it on the radio if this keeps happening and it gets worse they will File for Chapter 11 well i hope mean while Target is doing so well there opening stors Right near a Wal Mart store GO TARGET:bouncing::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Wal Mart has been loosing money latley and sales too i read this in the paper and i heard it on the radio if this keeps happening and it gets worse they will File for Chapter 11

:o:insane: ah-ha!! Mal-Wart can kiss my:bum:

Caldor1999

Wal Mart has been loosing money latley and sales too i read this in the paper and i heard it on the radio if this keeps happening and it gets worse they will File for Chapter 11

the Chapter 11 thing is just sometrhing i think might happen if wal mart keeps on going like this there loseing to stores sucha s Target bead bath and Byond and peopel are staring to go to sept stores such as Macys Sears Filene's ect and with stores like TJ Max Home Goods Toys R Us and Filene's Basment i guess people are starting to think better now they care about what they buy u can get betetr stuff at Sears Target Macys Bloomingdails Filene's JC Penny Toys R Us KB Toys TJ Max Home Good Filene's Bed Bath & Byond Basment Best Buy Office Max CVS and such lol thats all of Wal Marts comptishiopn and there all strong chains them selfs too sp maby this is why wal amrts loosing profits o well it makes me even more happy:bounce::bouncing::roll::roll::bouncing::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

the Chapter 11 thing is just sometrhing i think might happen if wal mart keeps on going like this there loseing to stores sucha s Target bead bath and Byond and peopel are staring to go to sept stores such as Macys Sears Filene's ect and with stores like TJ Max Home Goods Toys R Us and Filene's Basment i guess people are starting to think better now they care about what they buy u can get betetr stuff at Sears Target Macys Bloomingdails Filene's JC Penny Toys R Us KB Toys TJ Max Home Good Filene's Bed Bath & Byond Basment Best Buy Office Max CVS and such lol thats all of Wal Marts comptishiopn and there all strong chains them selfs too sp maby this is why wal amrts loosing profits o well it makes me even more happy:bounce::bouncing::roll::roll::bouncing::bounce:

ha ha

Finally people are waking up and realizing Walmart is not all that great as they pretend to be.:bouncing:

tokensafari

Wal-Mart has its bad side, but all stores do. I think we need to accept them for what they are. Because if you're like me Wal-Mart is really the only thing my town has going for it! Since the demise of Ames, Hills, and bEST we're pretty much sol. Even though i think Wal-Mart is Bloated and too big for their own good, i have to come to terms with reality. It's almost all we have left.

store215

Find what's wrong in this picture....:insane:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Wal-Mart has its bad side, but all stores do. I think we need to accept them for what they are. Because if you're like me Wal-Mart is really the only thing my town has going for it! Since the demise of Ames, Hills, and bEST we're pretty much sol. Even though i think Wal-Mart is Bloated and too big for their own good, i have to come to terms with reality. It's almost all we have left.

i do agre wit u but theres so many outher places  to shop were i live i justy go there insted of wal mart and wal mart sales have been sagging latley too so hopefuly the worst will happen:D
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

hmmm well its missing a shrit and the tag is all rong and it says Wal Mart on it showing ui the crap they sell
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I KNOW!

Besides the fact its from Walmart

It also says at bottom " Made in USA from fabric made in Brazil"

GEE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T MADE IN THE USA IT WAS ASSEMBLED FROM FABRIC FROM OVERSEAS

NICE TRY WALMART! BUT YOUR NOT FOOLING ME!:P

plus the misspelling of Arkansas in the part that says the location of "Bentonville,Arkansas"  it spells "Arkansaw" not "Arkansas"

someones illiterate

possible the shirt was actualy made in Brazil and the person making the tag was told to type in "Bentonville,Arkansas" but the person telling him/her forgot to tell the person how to spell Arkansas so the person typed in Bentonville,Arkansas as it sounded to them by pronunciation "Arkansaw"
:yup:

store215

I KNOW!

GEE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T MADE IN THE USA IT WAS ASSEMBLED FROM FABRIC FROM OVERSEAS

True, but you are still missing something else!!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I KNOW!

True, but you are still missing something else!!

I just edited my post pointing out the misspelling of Arkansas as Arkansaw

C. Fontaine

My local Wal-Mart in Oxford, MA just repainted the exterior to this awfully bland brown/tan color, although I think it looks better than the blue.

truviking05

Our Supercenter was built around 1994--in the back of the existing vintage Wal-Mart. Being a young one, I asked my mommy why they were building a store in the back of another one--lol. But here's a story--two Wal-Marts were shuttered around 1995 in my area and NOT relocated. AWESOME! But I did like the old tan/brown scheme as opposed to the current blue one--it's because those Wal-Mart colors remind of the late 1980s/early 1990s, one of my fave time periods--so I'd like to see my store convert to those colors. And here's something weird and just a little stupid: I visited a small, small town earlier this year. We had to go shopping, and literally the only store there was..you guessed it, Wallyworld. So we stopped at this store, an older, non-Supercenter store. Then, we go down the street the next day only to discover a mammoth HUGE Supercenter. Why??? I have a feeling that things were shutting up for the smaller store...this was a brand new Supercenter. Grrr! :flaming:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
My local Wal-Mart in Oxford, MA just repainted the exterior to this awfully bland brown/tan color, although I think it looks better than the blue.

DO NOT BE FOOLED IT IS STILL WALMART!

NO MATTER HOW FAR THEY GO!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
Our Supercenter was built around 1994--in the back of the existing vintage Wal-Mart. Being a young one, I asked my mommy why they were building a store in the back of another one--lol. But here's a story--two Wal-Marts were shuttered around 1995 in my area and NOT relocated. AWESOME! But I did like the old tan/brown scheme as opposed to the current blue one--it's because those Wal-Mart colors remind of the late 1980s/early 1990s, one of my fave time periods--so I'd like to see my store convert to those colors. And here's something weird and just a little stupid: I visited a small, small town earlier this year. We had to go shopping, and literally the only store there was..you guessed it, Wallyworld. So we stopped at this store, an older, non-Supercenter store. Then, we go down the street the next day only to discover a mammoth HUGE Supercenter. Why??? I have a feeling that things were shutting up for the smaller store...this was a brand new Supercenter. Grrr! :flaming:

Pretty soon all WALMARTS will be Supercenters and thats why we should stop them/ significantly slow down them down now!:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

ABANDONED WALMART!!!!:D:yup::roll::bounce::D

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

old Walmart trailer representing the days before Walmart was the huge company we hate today and when Sam Walton and his true values were alive.:rolleyes:

store215

70's or early 80's WalMart:

Pic is from March 2005 from somewhere in IL.

Here's the link to the main site with lots of cool pictures!
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/lecentre/

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

OLD WALMART!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

REPRESENTS THE GOLD OL' DAYS!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I just love this pic it bashes Walmart in its agenda for China LOL!:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

OMG! WALMART OWNING A LOCAL CHAIN IN THE UK! :o:o:o:o

scary!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

FIRST WALMART MAN THEY'VE MUST'VE LOOKED COOLER AND WAS MUCH MORE FRIENDLIER!:yup::yup::yup: