Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by kendra
QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
QuoteOriginally posted by reitelle
I hate WalMart as much as the next guy, but if it were not for WalMart; my family would not be able to afford groceries. Supermarkets are outrageously priced and their generic products do not hold up as well as WalMart's. So if someone were to make a supermarket that was as cheap as WalMart (for the name brand foods NOT the generic ones like in Save-A-Lot or HiLo) then people would definitely abandon WalMart. :info:
I just wish they could get a supermarket out there that would be similar to that of the Wisconsin-based Woodmans Supermarkets, where the groceries come direct from the company in question, without a middle man, thus making the price points lower than Walmart.

Woodman's is awesome, I visited their Oak Creek location the last time I was in Wisconsin. I also am really impressed with Sendik's (sorry, that is a bit off topic)!

Also off topic: Have you been to the ShopKo department stores in nearby Racine or Kenosha?

ShopKo is the only regional discounter I know of, that has the ability to fight Walmart without losing. Their stores are reminiscent of Ames and Bradlees. You should check them out once you come back to Wisconsin, if you haven't gotten the chance before. Once you see their neatly-arranged stores, you'll stay amazed!

nims57

I hate WalMart as much as the next guy, but if it were not for WalMart; my family would not be able to afford groceries. Supermarkets are outrageously priced and their generic products do not hold up as well as WalMart's. So if someone were to make a supermarket that was as cheap as WalMart (for the name brand foods NOT the generic ones like in Save-A-Lot or HiLo) then people would definitely abandon WalMart. :info:
I just wish they could get a supermarket out there that would be similar to that of the Wisconsin-based Woodmans Supermarkets, where the groceries come direct from the company in question, without a middle man, thus making the price points lower than Walmart.

Woodman's is awesome, I visited their Oak Creek location the last time I was in Wisconsin. I also am really impressed with Sendik's (sorry, that is a bit off topic)!

Also off topic: Have you been to the ShopKo department stores in nearby Racine or Kenosha?

ShopKo is the only regional discounter I know of, that has the ability to fight Walmart without losing. Their stores are reminiscent of Ames and Bradlees. You should check them out once you come back to Wisconsin, if you haven't gotten the chance before. Once you see their neatly-arranged stores, you'll stay amazed!

Meijer fights the Supercenters...

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

Meijer fights the Supercenters...
ShopKo used to have a hypermarket called Twin Valu in the Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio area, that competed with the Wal-Mart  Supercenters and Meijer in the '80s and '90s when the ShopKo discount stores were owned by SuperValu. The Twin Valu stores had ShopKo discount store merchandise on one end, and SuperValu groceries on the other.

nims57

Does anyone actually know WHY Wal-Mart CHANGED their NAME to "Walmart" (sans hyphen)? They even pronounce it differently in their commercials. Their official explanation is BS:

"This update to the logo is simply a reflection of the refresh taking place inside our stores and our renewed sense of purpose to help people save money so they can live better."

:huh::huh::huh:

How can they expect THEIR clientele to write the name differently, better yet pronounce it differently?

Also, according to this press release: http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx, it says "The Discount City mark was used in print advertising, on the uniforms/smocks, in-store signing, and other things. However, it was never used as building signage or in an annual report."

WRONG ANSWER.

look at this blog: http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-wal-mart-world-out-there.html

I feel like writing a letter of complaint.

Kmart4life

walmart must die!!!:flaming::flaming::flaming:

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre2

You people don't get it do you? If Walmart were to go out of business the country will be plunged into a recession much worse than the one that it's already in, which it probably would never be able to recover from.

Furthermore where will senior citizens work? Walmart is one of the top companies for "retirees" to work at.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre2

You people don't get it do you? If Walmart were to go out of business the country will be plunged into a recession much worse than the one that it's already in, which it probably would never be able to recover from.

Furthermore where will senior citizens work? Walmart is one of the top companies for "retirees" to work at.  

I agree Mark82, I recall when Walmart moved into NH. I knew empoloyees that LOVED working for them. It was a pretty nice store to shop with good quality selections. The company changed to me 4 or 5 years after the founder had passed away. I put them in the category with Target, they started their stores just like all the rest. However through strategic planning they remain in business today.
I still miss my favorite stores like Bradlees, Ames and Caldor. :(
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

I commend ShopKo for coming so far in the in the war against Wal-Mart, as one of the few super-regional discounters left. Wal-Mart is to small towns what Viacom is to YouTube, a disaster that has  happened, that led to backlash and protest. On the other hand, Wal-Mart has a streamlined distribution system, and low prices. Wal-Mart has usurped Toys "R" Us as "largest toy retailer."

Caldor1999

idk if anyone has seen this website but it gives you an idea or what kind of people shop at wal mart and this is one of the reasons why i  dont shop there along with other reasons

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

EddieJ1984

Its crazy that site was started in auguest and already has THAT many pictures! lol I gotta bookmark it, its so funny.

GothicPrincess

I have just spent over an hour on http://www.peopleofwalmart.com and THANK YOU for sharing this site with us. I have not laughed this hard since....well, never. I'm just scared I'll see someone I know in the PA Walmarts on here. I know ALOT of people here.........ick....
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

GothicPrincess

Lord save us...I haven't been on there in a few days and missed quite a bit, but today's addition entitled "Trap Door" is just beyond OMG EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! There are no words...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
Lord save us...I haven't been on there in a few days and missed quite a bit, but today's addition entitled "Trap Door" is just beyond OMG EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! There are no words...

haha i saw that one this is one of the main reasons why i dont go to wal mart
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Walmart is overrated!

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
Does anyone actually know WHY Wal-Mart CHANGED their NAME to "Walmart" (sans hyphen)? They even pronounce it differently in their commercials. Their official explanation is BS:

"This update to the logo is simply a reflection of the refresh taking place inside our stores and our renewed sense of purpose to help people save money so they can live better."

:huh::huh::huh:

How can they expect THEIR clientele to write the name differently, better yet pronounce it differently?

Also, according to this press release: http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx, it says "The Discount City mark was used in print advertising, on the uniforms/smocks, in-store signing, and other things. However, it was never used as building signage or in an annual report."

WRONG ANSWER.

look at this blog: http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-wal-mart-world-out-there.html

I feel like writing a letter of complaint.

I always wrote it as Wal*Mart because that's how the storefronts were and still are in some places, though I don't think there has been any change in pronunciation. I have always just said it as Walmart...  one word, BAM... how did you pronounce it (not being critical here, genuinely curious)

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
idk if anyone has seen this website but it gives you an idea or what kind of people shop at wal mart and this is one of the reasons why i  dont shop there along with other reasons

glad you can afford to shop elsewhere. :mad:

Caldor1999

its not like i can afford to shop everywhere i just hate wal mart  the service sucks the stores are messy i would never get my food form there i would rather go to a super market cause i don't trust a discount retailer with my meat and  produce

also there's always target and even kmart id rather shop there then wal mart
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

yea there stuff i awful ishop at kmart sears and thrift stores for my needs and i think retail stores should stick with basics no food stuff thats what grocery stores are for!

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
yea there stuff i awful ishop at kmart sears and thrift stores for my needs and i think retail stores should stick with basics no food stuff thats what grocery stores are for!

It's greed, plain and simple dude. They want to make the most money as possible. Why do you think they're all open on Easter and Thanksgiving? Back in the day they were closed. It's all about making the most money possible.

reitelle

its not like i can afford to shop everywhere i just hate wal mart  the service sucks the stores are messy i would never get my food form there i would rather go to a super market cause i don't trust a discount retailer with my meat and  produce

Our target doesn't have food, and the Kmart is filthy and disorganized with no customer service whatsoever, so Walmart is the only choice if we want to eat lol

Caldor1999

Quote from: reitelle on December 30, 2009, 11:27:06 AM

Our target doesn't have food, and the Kmart is filthy and disorganized with no customer service whatsoever, so Walmart is the only choice if we want to eat lol

well there is a thing called a super market lol
Caldor Forever!

zonemad96

not all walmarts are terrible the walmart that arent over crowded are actualy quite nice i have 2 around where i live that are clean and the people who work their are super friendly and will even have a conversation with you but theirs one in a more urban area and omg its terrible the stores a mess and everyone who works their is rude and pissy so it really depends on where you live

Kmart4life

Marc82
  WallMart Meat
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2009, 06:39:13 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Zayre2

Marc82: Walmart is on thin ice here in west Central Fl. When customers are flocking to other stores like Kmart and Target that makes a statement that Walmart isn't doing something right. Here they discontinued over $1 million in products that people buy everyday. These were popular products in this area.Then tried to add them back but the customers had alreadty turned their backs. Walmart screwed the customers and the customers said screw walmart. All in all those customers met with the management of sears Essentials and told them they wanted Kmart to return and it is happening in August. People are tired of Walmart and want something better. Target's business has picked up big time lately and Kmart will be a hit too. We are already in a reccession and Walmart is too because here they are dying a slow painful death and people are tired of being screwed by this store. Every dog has it's day and mark my words Walmart's day is coming. I will laugh my a$$ off when they go Chapter 11.

Kmart4life

Home » Opinions » How Walmart Will Take Over (and Eventually Destroy) the World

How Walmart Will Take Over (and Eventually Destroy) the World
Published by Jennifer Marre on September 23, 2008 in Opinions

Tags: conspiracy, Conspiracy Theories, corporations, economic depression, economy, monopoly, unemployment, Walmart
Article Tools
Liked it
I Like It
ShareThis
Subscribe to RSS
Walmart will be the downfall of our economy, and the world… if we let it.

Everyone with half a brain knows by now that Wal-Mart is hurting our economy (as well as just about every other aspect of our country), but most people tend to ignore the problem and keep shopping there. After all, where else can you get a a pair of pants for a dollar (okay, maybe it’s more like $10, but you get my point). As long as you are getting cheap stuff today, you don’t care about the ramifications for tomorrow (you don’t even wonder why they can sell at such low prices). That, my friends, is where the problem lies. We have to take responsibility for our purchases now, before it’s too late and we can no longer afford to shop even at Wal-Mart.

So, you are probably thinking, “Wal-Mart has the best prices, what’s wrong with shopping there?” Well, what do you think will happen if Wal-Mart is the only place you and everyone else in you community shops? The rest of the stores won’t be able to compete and will go out of business. Once Wal-Mart has eliminated it’s competition, they are able to drastically raise their prices. This is all part of Wal-Mart’s evil monopolistic plot for world domination. Now you have to spend just as much, or more, than you would have paid at the stores you helped drive into bankruptcy.

Read more in Opinions
« Republican Vs. Democrat, Then Why is Christianity Involved?Terrorism: The War of Words »Meanwhile, unemployment rates skyrocket. As people lose their jobs, they won’t be able to afford even Wal-Mart’s prices (especially now that Wal-Mart able to charge whatever they want). Some people (actually everyone, since Wal-Mart is the only place left to work) get jobs at Wal-Mart, but find they don’t even earn enough to live on. They buy what they can afford, giving Wal-Mart back their hard-earned paychecks and further fueling Wal-Mart’s dominion over the entire world.

Since almost everyone is unemployed, thanks to Wal-Mart, people can no longer afford basic utilities like electricity and water. Eventually, even Wal-Mart will go under, as they will no longer be able to turn a profit. As Wal-Mart continues to raise their prices, even Wal-Mart employees (everyone) won’t be able to buy anything. Wal-Mart will start laying people off (even though they can afford to keep everyone, and even give them a raise), as they don’t want to pay people when they aren’t getting any business. Wal-Mart care’s only about profits, though their own corporate greed will destroy Wal-Mart in the end.

Soon, even Wal-Mart goes bankrupt as there is no one left to give them business. Their own greed has become their downfall. Unfortunately, they have also taken everyone else in America down with them. You knew it was coming, but you turned away and didn’t want to believe it. Now you are without a job and about to lose your house. All for a 99 cent package of tube socks…

South Park said it best: “Don’t you see? That is the heart of the Wal-Mart. You, the consumer.” We must stop Wal-Mart from completely destroying our country before it’s too late!

You may also be interested in:

Beyond Party Lines: The Fallacy of America’s Two Party System

There’s Something in the Water: The Fluoride Conspiracy

Marijuana, Mind Control, and Government Conspiracy

Get Paid to Write Articles Online!

Read more: http://newsflavor.com/opinions/how-walmart-will-take-over-and-eventually-destroy-the-world/#ixzz1P4GPPNiW

Kmart4life

This is a beautiful pic found on flickr. Wish this could happen to all Walmarts
\Pictures\Die Walmart Die.jpg

jmcnamara96

I olnly shop for one thing there spray paint 1.12 a can (black or white .96) other places it 3 bucks that crazy!

AmesNewington

It amazed me when I went to the Newington, CT store yesterday (a Sunday afternoon) and there were only 4 registers open (the store has 15 registers). The lines looped from the registers halfway down the main aisle. Amongst other things, merchandise was out of place all over the store and they have reverted back to sticking displays in the center of the main aisles so that you can't get through. The store looked like a flea market.

EddieJ1984

You know I submitted this picture to people of walmart like 2 weeks ago, I dont know why it never got posted!
This was 1 day before the 2 year anniversary of michael jacksons death lol.

Guess fake elvis's are gonna get a run for the money by fake jacko's lol

ynkeesfn82

That's scary man. BTW you should've seen the all the freaks, geeks, and weirdos at Denny's in Southington, Connecticut Saturday Night. One guy had wolf ears and a wolf tail!!!

Kmart4life

I cannot understand how a company this friggin big can't keep ther stores stocked and clean! Thank God I have Kmart, Target and Big Lots. WALMART SUCKS!!!!