Main Menu

Hyde park Ames store.

Started by Amescaptain77, March 01, 2010, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amescaptain77

I remember I went here once when I was 4. It was the only Ames near me and I want to know if any of you have info on it, as I remember so little about it. I know there is quite a few shopping carts near here, but when I passed it on Saturday, there were none. If you know if there is any left there, tell me.

amesman

Well, the only fact I can tell you about the place that I am aware of was that prior to being Ames, it was a Jamesway store. Also, another little fun trivia fact, the anchor space on the other side was originally a Shoprite. They moved across the street to a space that is now a Stop and Shop. The old Shoprite was an antique store last I knew.

Not too sure about any shopping carts that would be floating around. Sometimes if you check the rear area of the store you may find one. Sometimes smaller businesses that use shopping carts take them up and reuse them as well.

amesguy95

Just went here today -- stole a cart!! It's actually in decent shape, other than a few cracks, it rolls good. Took lots of pictures too. ;D

jmcnamara96

Quote from: amesguy95 on August 13, 2010, 07:58:28 PM
Just went here today -- stole a cart!! It's actually in decent shape, other than a few cracks, it rolls good. Took lots of pictures too. ;D

Awesome dude cant wait to see the pics!!!

gu4ever

Great pictures amesguy95. You were lucky to get some interior shots while they had the lights on. I stopped at that location twice last year and the store sat in darkness on both visits.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

amesguy95

Quote from: gu4ever on August 15, 2010, 07:42:02 AM
Great pictures amesguy95. You were lucky to get some interior shots while they had the lights on. I stopped at that location twice last year and the store sat in darkness on both visits.
Yes, I was ecstatic to see they were on, and there were two carts in the front. Eventually, that tow truck type vehicle parked out in front, I wondered whether or not it had to do with the lights being on. But I waited for him to leave and we shoveled the cart into the trunk around back. :P