AMESFANCLUB
February 24, 2018, 03:56:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: |||||||||||||||||||||||||| RANDOM MESSAGE||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\///////////-JON

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Video  (Read 8330 times)
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 02:49:13 PM »

There are three locations in the Green Bay area. Antiquated: yes, defunct: no. They still do good business judging by the cars in the parking lot.

People also still use broadcast TV (like me), so that is not going anywhere, either. I do that to avoid rising cable bills, plus the new ATSC standard was an improvement over the old NTSC standard, with new subchannels being added every year to most of the stations in my area.

I also use a router to get my internet from a neighboring wifi hotspot.

I'd suspect that many people who have had cable or satellite TV for some time may not even realize just how many options there are now in free broadcast TV.  For instance here, every major station (CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, FOX, CW) have at least 2 additional subchannels, some have three - so that is over 20 things on at any given time, quite a bit more choice than the 7 or so in the pre-digital days!
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 11:32:25 AM »

The last Family Video store in this area (PA Route 51 in Brentwood) has started its
Going Out of Business Sale.

To my knowledge this is the last place in Pittsburgh where one can rent a physical
copy of a movie (though they can still be borrowed from Carnegie Library).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: