Safeway cart

Started by C. Fontaine, May 05, 2005, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by Hadley
I didnt have a camera with me (and i still dont know how to post pics on message boards anyway) but the piggly wiggly in Brookhaven MS has a ton of carts from a store called "saverite". The carts just came in recently, beforehand they were using regular PW carts. Also, i saw a kroger cart outside a best buy in Jackson.

Winn-Dixie had a store concept called Save Rite Grocery Warehouse.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
I saw a bunch of Hills and Wal-Mart "Discount City" carts at an Ollie's outside of Baltimore, Maryland.  How long has it been since Wal-Mart has been "Discount City"? :roll:

I think Wal-Mart still operated some "Discount City" stores in 1984, but it was "Discount City" in the beginning.

store215

My local Wal-Mart (now temporarily closed for a "mini-Supercenter" remodel) opened in 1997 with the "Discount City" carts.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
My local Wal-Mart (now temporarily closed for a "mini-Supercenter" remodel) opened in 1997 with the "Discount City" carts.

all the "re-models" of wal-marts suck. Wood fake floors and all.
JN

BillyGr

The new Ocean State job lot here in Valatie has quite a few plain gray carts (with red boxes where the name should be) and (not suprisingly) some larger green former Grand Union carts (I say not suprisingly as this store was a Grand Union until closing a year-two ago when Hannaford opened up the street).

They did manage to change the handle part of the green carts, which had the GU name and now has their name (actually inscribed, not just stuck on or over, so it appears they replaced that whole piece of plastic).

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

all the "re-models" of wal-marts suck. Wood fake floors and all.

The funny thing is, this 1997-era store was FULLY remodeled about 2 years ago with all the hardwood floors, dark paint, new gray carts, a Subway, etc. It looked better than it did before, but the lighting was very dim. The store closed again in May to become a Supercenter, but the last time I past it, nothing has been done. (The local Kmart is doing excellent business because the next nearest Walmart is many miles away)

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The new Ocean State job lot here in Valatie has quite a few plain gray carts (with red boxes where the name should be) and (not suprisingly) some larger green former Grand Union carts (I say not suprisingly as this store was a Grand Union until closing a year-two ago when Hannaford opened up the street).

They did manage to change the handle part of the green carts, which had the GU name and now has their name (actually inscribed, not just stuck on or over, so it appears they replaced that whole piece of plastic).
One of the stores near me ahs those, too.  It may be Big Lots, but I forget.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Ameskid

Ameskid

I know.  Like I JUST SAID IN THE POST ABOVE, I fixed the links for you.

THE PICTURES ARE PROPERTY OF jmcnamara96, NOT ME.

jmcnamara96

Oh srry i was confused thank you