Safeway cart

Started by C. Fontaine, May 05, 2005, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

I figured I would make this category because I see old Ames, Caldor, Kmart, etc... stuff all over the place where they are not suposed to be.

Zayre88

April 22 2005 - I have located an entire fleet of Ames carts at this Marden's store in Lewiston ME.  Sorry for the blurry picture.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

lets see I saw:

few months back I found two pristine Ames carts used for loading stuff a Jo-Ann Fabrics in Torrington Parkade (former ames location)

around last year I spotted Bradlees carts at O.S.J.L. in Avon/Canton

recently I've found Bradlees carts and Caldor carts at Bristol Centre Mall in one store a OLD OLD PRE-RAINBOW Caldor cart in an antique store their used for loading

MORE Bradlees and Caldor carts at O.S.J.L. in the mall
I took pics not digital though

the Caldor carts were the last recent ones before they went GOB!

however the Caldor name is scribbled over TO HIDE THE CALDOR NAME :(

I LIKE THE CALDOR CARTS THEY'RE SO COOL!LOL!:cool::duh::insane::no::roll::rolleyes::o:kissyou::yup:;):saint::P:D:bouncing::):mrpink::tumble::bounce::bouncing::dizzy:

C. Fontaine

Nice pic Zayre!  Heres a few we have sighted in the past.

Bourne, MA - While on vacation Chris spots one at the local Job Lot.  After exploring the interior one is even found with it's Ames logo still on it.

East Providence, CT - Found being used for their own demise.

Southwick, MA - Found at an Ames turned Job Lot.

Cranston, RI - Now, are we shopping at Building 19 or Ames?

East Haven, CT - Whole fleet found all over the premises.

Holyoke, MA - Found at the adjacent Job Lot.  Ames is not a Super Stop & Shop.

Naugatuck, CT - Also found being used at the neighboring Ocean State Job Lot.

Winsted, CT - Spotted behind former Ames, now a Tractor Supply Co.  Took this one home.

East Hartford, CT - Spotted lurking in the shadows behind Ames.

Rocky Hill, CT - Found this band of carts from a tip sent via email.  Here you can see them duking it out with a band of barbarian Wal-Mart carts invading their territory...  Obviously the Ames carts are winning.

Meriden, CT - Found locked up in some sort of Ames prison.

Jag67

At our local Salvation Army thrift store they use Hills carts

amesman

yes, I saw those at the one on Transit Road when I was there two years ago. I'll post a pic later..

amesman

One of the Albany area Salvation Army stores have a few Caldor carts, and two old school Kmart carts. They once had one from Loblaws as well.

Zayre88

The Bob's Discount in Skowhegan ME (former Ames) once had dozens of Caldor and Purity Supreme carts.  

Now they have their own yellow carts, a few Hechinger carts and one Price Club cart as well.

Zayre88

Thanks to Marden's again:  The Waterville store has a lot of Bradlees and Ames red carts.  They also have blue carts from Paperama.

C. Fontaine

Does anybody know where these carts came from?  The now Ocean State Job Lot Ames in Jewett City is using these as well as a few remaining Ames carts.  For some reason they remind me of Caldors, but I've never seen them in a store.  You can see more of them by clicking on the picture.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Does anybody know where these carts came from?  The now Ocean State Job Lot Ames in Jewett City is using these as well as a few remaining Ames carts.  For some reason they remind me of Caldors, but I've never seen them in a store.

They look like carts found in a specialty store like Kitchen ETC. a pharmacy or Art & Crafts store.  They look a lot like the ones found at Tjmaxx and Marshalls!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Does anybody know where these carts came from?  The now Ocean State Job Lot Ames in Jewett City is using these as well as a few remaining Ames carts.  For some reason they remind me of Caldors, but I've never seen them in a store.  You can see more of them by clicking on the picture.

Sorry they look too new and too small to be Caldor's

They look like the honeycomb bar type of shopping cart that you can find a TJ MAXX or in some instances Kmart:)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Sorry they look too new and too small to be Caldor's

They look like the honecomb holed type of shopping cart that you can find a TJ MAXX or in some instances Kmart:)

BTW Caldors Carts are big dark brown ones that sport the Caldor logo minus the white coloring of the letters

and Caldor carts look old lol

sometimes the logo is hurridly scribbled out to hide the name like O.S.J.L does

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

it could be reminding you of Caldor's BECAUSE their colors were white grey and red BUT somehow their carts were BROWN!

I don't know why they problably took old Caldor carts and rebranded them with the new logo

ah the days when Caldors was is business they were great! lol:insane:

Zayre88

Here's an authentic Caldor cart at Marden's again, in Portland.  :roll:

Zayre88

Here's an old Caldor metal cart with Rainbow logo.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here's an authentic Caldor cart at Marden's again, in Portland.  :roll:

So far from what I hear on this site so far  Marden's proudly shows the former store logos on the carts they don't try to cover up the name(usually unsuccesfully) like O.S J. L. does!

(Job Lot trying to claim that they have their own cool carts but its not really their stores cart its a former one's)

I like what Marden's does to show there were other stores BEFORE Wal-mart etc.

:cool:

amesman

That one above found at Marden's is one of the ones you can find at the one Albany Salvation Army.

Also, that old Rainbow Caldor cart is one I've seen before. There was one like that at another one of Albany's Salvation Armys. I took the yellow seat cover off of it too(well, actually, my Dad did..hehe).

Caldor1999

the Caldor in my town had the old carts too along with the newer ones
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

tokensafari

Where the Hills carts like the Ames carts? What i mean by that is.. were the made by the same company?

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Where the Hills carts like the Ames carts? What i mean by that is.. were the made by the same company?

I don't know but it could be the same company.  Many Ames and Bradlees carts had the same style.  However, i never seen a Hills cart or even a picture of it ... !

Anonymous

I posted in the Venture thread, the OSJL in Manchester CT, (same plaza as a empty K-mart) has Grey Venture carts with all the original logos untouched..

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
I posted in the Venture thread, the OSJL in Manchester CT, (same plaza as a empty K-mart) has Grey Venture carts with all the original logos untouched..

THATS NICE BUT WHO ARE YOU?

Zayre88

Here's a picture of Globe carts i spotted at "Price Mart" in Exeter NH last year.  

Globe closed in 1992 and was re-born as Price Mart later.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I saw an old Shop Rite cart in a Jo-Ann Fabrics store that was a Service Merchandise, in Waterbury

had no clue what it was doing there :huh:

df559

I found an old Cornet cart being used as a trash can at a strip mall...

df559

Close-up of the logo:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
Close-up of the logo:

NICE LOGO!:bigsmile:

SUPA DUPA OLD SKOOL!

LOL:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

what A WASTE of a good cart!:mad:

What's Cornet's I've never heard of them!:huh:

Caldor1999

whats  Cornet???????????????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory