AMESFANCLUB
December 15, 2017, 08:13:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum! It's been another great year of topics. 2018 will be a great year. The other Admin, Jon is supposed to be coming up to Connecticut this coming spring or summer to meet up with me. Mayhem will sure to follow us. LOL. Gonna visit the still vacant AMES HQ in Rocky Hill, the last vacant AMES in Connecticut located in Seymour, and going to hit up one of the 3 remaining K-MARTS in Connecticut. As a side trip we're probably going to hit Northern Mass and meet up with Chris the founder of the AMES Fan Club. ~ Brammy. New Email brammy82@mail.com

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boscov's  (Read 22389 times)
store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »

My Mom told me when she was at Boscov's in Meriden shopping for curtains back in February they were selling Curtain closeouts from KMART. Maybe they bough them from the KMART closing sale in Cromwell.

This isn't really anything new. I remember walking through their stationary department many years ago (probably 20 years at this point) and bought a notebook with a Drug Emporium? (or some similar store) sticker on it. Boscov's masquerades itself as a more middle-upscale department store, but they've always done a large amounts of buyouts and closeouts.
retailfan
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »

Ritz Camera used to run the camera departments within Boscovs  but since the chain closed down  im not sure what became of that area. I know they handled a lot of the electronics items for Boscovs also. I know recently the Boscovs chain was also in danger of closing  before Ritz went under  as they were discussing  what to do with those stores . In the end Boscovs survived  and of course Ritz went bankrupt and no longer exists.
shore72
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

Ritz Camera used to run the camera departments within Boscovs  but since the chain closed down  im not sure what became of that area. I know they handled a lot of the electronics items for Boscovs also. I know recently the Boscovs chain was also in danger of closing  before Ritz went under  as they were discussing  what to do with those stores . In the end Boscovs survived  and of course Ritz went bankrupt and no longer exists.
At my local store the space just sort of got absorbed into several surrounding departments. It was basically a small island in the middle of the store, like the candy department.
Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

Boscov's is opening in the former Sears Store at the Millcreek Mall in Erie, PA.

http://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/boscovs-dept-store-to-open-in-fall/734570843

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »

Every time I read about a Boscov's opening I feel a bit ambivalent. Happy that they're expanding, and sad that they're not expanding closer to me. Hey, maybe they can take over the Bon-Ton in the Maine Mall! :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:28:48 PM by retailisking » Logged
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »

The floor plan of Millcreek Mall is actually SHAPED LIKE A GUN!

Look it up on Google Earth, it's true!

The legend is that this was a mob message from the original builder to
someone in the general direction of the "barrel".
store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

Every time I read about a Boscov's opening I feel a bit ambivalent. Happy that they're expanding, and sad that they're not expanding closer to me. Hey, maybe they can take over the Bon-Ton in the Maine Mall! :)

I just hope they are more careful this time, unlike 2006-2008 when they took over too many former May Company stores and ended up having to close them after a year or two. I think Boscov's is doing a little better as they target more of a lower-middle income shopper and have a much broader variety of merchandise. I like to think of Boscov's as a 'fancy Walmart'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: