AMESFANCLUB
January 18, 2018, 11:43:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowes vs Home Depot  (Read 3836 times)
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« on: July 10, 2005, 02:27:32 PM »

u gotta addemnt there Better then Home Depot witch tears down a Whole Mall For One Store

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 05:40:55 PM »

Originally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Originally posted by Caldor1999
u gotta addemnt there Better then Home Depot witch tears down a Whole Mall For One Store

Yeah but I wish they would at least lease a few stores instead of tearing them down!

i now but they nevre really gobbled up malls to make one store most of the time they just bulder threre own

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory
gshowman18
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:10:41 AM »

I hate them because thery take Ames tear them down FOR ANOTHER cookie-cutter piece of junk store that looks like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to a Lowe's or a Home Depot?  How are they any different from a Builder's Square or a Hechinger's?  The only thing you complain about is going back to the past.  You can't come to the fact that this is a different world out there today.
gshowman18
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »

Yes I have and both stores arn't that different besides the colors well Lowe's is more cleaner looking.

But what I'm getting is that when a store demolishes a previous one for a bigger store you know its a Lowe's thats being built like in Waterford will look the same as the Lowe's in Manchester or Plainville.

I KNOW THIS WORLD IS HEADING FOR FREESTANDING BIG BOX STORES AND LIFESTYLE CENTERS

instead of plazas and malls!

besides I would like variety in stores INSTEAD OF JUST TWO BIG ONES!!!!!!!

when it comes to home improvement

First, I don't live in New England.  I live in Marlton, New Jersey, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about.  Second, there are still plazas & malls that are doing very well.  The only things that big boxes & lifestyle centers are replacing are dead malls.  Finally, there's plenty of other hardware stores such as True Value, Ace, & local hardware stores.  Why don't you go to them?
jmn3
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »

Retail is always changing.  Years ago, you had major department stores.  Whine all you want about Lowe's and Home Depot and Wal-Mart building huge stores, but Macy's, Hudson's, Kaufmann's, Gimbel's, Sibley's, AM&A's, etc.... all had stores much larger than the largest big box stores today.  As years went on, the stores moved out of downtown to suburban plazas and then to the malls.  Malls thrived for thirty years and now we've moved on to the big-box lifestyle centers.  It's just the next thing in retail.  Just like the rest of life, it's important to remember the past and there's nothing wrong with reminiscing...but you have to be able to accept change and move on.
tokensafari
Sub-Administrators
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 12:15:42 AM »

Bravo! *claps all around* Kudos to you for saying that. I have been saying that since i started on these boards. I agree, you have to accept the changes that come with this industry. If you don't then you wont last, and you will be left behind. You have to roll with the punches, so to speak. And for the record, i prefer Home Depot rather than Lowes!

Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 12:01:53 PM »

i have to say  Lowes  is bette rthen homedepot there comricles are not stupit and they dont tear down a whole mall to make one store like home depot dose

Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 12:26:02 PM »

I also hate Lowe's too. Taking over everything! (cursing)

Take that!:insane:
storehistoryguy
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 08:15:03 PM »

Originally posted by storehistoryguy

Heh thats great!!!!!!!

I know. Seriously I can't stand them anymore. They eat up the trusted old small hardware stores that was started by some family 80 years ago and there runned by the third generation now. I like them. they also knocked down my Five Points shopping center in Montgomeryville with the Bradlees and the Job Lot and Builder Square and House of Bargains and Thrift Drug and the fantastic Weis Market I loved and the design of the building was so 70's and beautiful when there was a sunset over it and now its gone for one of there cookie cutter stores. Another place, Warminster Drive-In. Some many memories, watching so many movies in my parent's old Country Squire and even later when it was known as MY Country Squire. Taken down for a Lowe's, a Target, a Genuardi's and some small restuarants and a bank. Lowe's, the Wal-Mart of home improvement.
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 08:53:54 PM »

Heh thats great!!!!!!!

I know. Seriously I can't stand them anymore. They eat up the trusted old small hardware stores that was started by some family 80 years ago and there runned by the third generation now. I like them. they also knocked down my Five Points shopping center in Montgomeryville with the Bradlees and the Job Lot and Builder Square and House of Bargains and Thrift Drug and the fantastic Weis Market I loved and the design of the building was so 70's and beautiful when there was a sunset over it and now its gone for one of there cookie cutter stores. Another place, Warminster Drive-In. Some many memories, watching so many movies in my parent's old Country Squire and even later when it was known as MY Country Squire. Taken down for a Lowe's, a Target, a Genuardi's and some small restuarants and a bank. Lowe's, the Wal-Mart of home improvement.

no trust me Home Depot is the Wal-Mart of home improvement.

they have torn down more stores then lowes has the took over many caldor bradlees ames and jamesway locations even montgomery ward and service merchandfise even former sears and jc penny stores they have even torn down a whole mall to make one store they did that to the Moheagan lake mall witch had a James way Wald Baums and a old Sears to make one store with a wal mart in it  and they also have toen down the Fair Felind mall qwitch had Bradlees and Caldor for one store so if any home improvement storei s evile it would deftley be home depot lowes is not that bad compaired to them

Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 09:04:05 PM »

The Home Depot knocked down my Clover in 2001 in Warrington Pa.
Caldor1999
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 12:25:33 AM »

The Home Depot knocked down my Clover in 2001 in Warrington Pa.

see there alot worse then lowes they tear down a entire mall to make one stores lowes at leats ancores in a mall

Caldor Forever!

store215
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 08:34:38 AM »

I don't have a problem with Lowe's. Their stores are much brighter and cleaner with employees that actually know something. Home Depot is the "Wal-Mart" of hardware stores. I think of Lowe's as the "Target" of hardware stores:D
beachgal26
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:38:17 AM »

As a homeowner, I have to admit that I have alot of use for both of these stores, but Lowe's will normally win as their stores make it much easier to find what you need and have a better variety.  However, Home Depot employees normally seem to be much more knowledgeable about showing you how to do things or which is the best product to buy.

BTW- I loved and still miss Hechingers.  They were the best!!!

Wink Wink
Kmart4life
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »

I prefer Home Depot over Lowes because at Lowes they never have enough help or cashiers  Grin
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »

Lowe's has Pella Windows and Valspar Paints
Home Depot has Anderson Windows and Behr Paints

busman_49
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 06:20:32 AM »

I must be in the minority that likes Home Depot.  It seems I have better luck finding what I need there than at Lowe's.  Case in point: Home Depot sells electrical spade connectors that I frequently use in packages of 10 (or more if I need a bigger package, which I never buy).  The last couple of times I was in Lowe's, they had an assortment of connectors (that is, 4 of the ones I need and 50 others that I will likely never use).  I'll take Home Depot.
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »

Shopping at Lowes makes me more fluent in Spanish.

Shopping at Home Depot makes me more fluent in obscenities.
TheFugitive
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:08 AM »

The obscenities came during five days of cold showers that it took for the
HQ in Atlanta to make good on the warranty on my water heater.
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »

Lowe's tore down an old Shopko store on Bailey Hill Road in Eugene, Oregon for a new store.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: