Burlington (Formerly Burlington Coat Factory)

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

the one in greece ny (near rochester) in greece center mall. in the old lechmere.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the one in greece ny (near rochester) in greece center mall. in the old lechmere.

greece ny

BillyGr

Just a story from this past weekend - Burlington also owns Cohoes fashions (7 stores in 5 states) - they plan to close 3 stores and convert the other 4 to Burlington within a year - but no details as to which will do which.

d_fife

burlington coat in erie pa in the millcreek mall.

d_fife

burlington coat in erie pa in the millcreek mall.

erie pa in the millcreek mall.

HoJofan206

Evansville Indiana location...former Woolco store from the 1980's.  (ah, memories....)

HoJofan206

d_fife

the burlington coat factory in the north randall ohio mall that is half vacant

d_fife

the burlington coat factory in the north randall ohio mall that is half vacant

north randall

Kmart4life

Burlington Coat Factory is coming to Lakeland Florida. According to the Lakeland Ledger the Ne Jersey based company is moving into a former Belk location and is set to open this Fall.:cool:

XISMZERO

EAST HARTFORD, CT at the former Charter Oak Mall.

It was a Bradlees which closed in the mid 1990s, before the chain's closure.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

NJxxJon

Theres a bunch in NJ that just moved around......................
JN

EddieJ1984

Man I had to dig deep to see if there was a thread for this store (over 6 years ago was the last post!)
Anyways one is coming near me, its going into a building that last was a Lit Brothers then Clover then JCPenney and has been closed since 2003.
It is becoming a Burlington Coat Factory along with Bobs Furniture and 1 other store supposidly.
Here is a picture of it I snapped from my car. I like how that mansard roof/siding was clover's design and it was green, then became tan/beige for jcpenney and now is going to be maroon for burlington coat factory.

I also found a sketch of how it will look
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-maJSuMAXgmY/UxYyXYMeA4I/AAAAAAAABLo/gRxPivcu-lE/s1600/2.jpg

MikeRa

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on August 30, 2014, 08:11:46 PM
Man I had to dig deep to see if there was a thread for this store (over 6 years ago was the last post!)
Anyways one is coming near me, its going into a building that last was a Lit Brothers then Clover then JCPenney and has been closed since 2003.
It is becoming a Burlington Coat Factory along with Bobs Furniture and 1 other store supposidly.
Here is a picture of it I snapped from my car. I like how that mansard roof/siding was clover's design and it was green, then became tan/beige for jcpenney and now is going to be maroon for burlington coat factory.

I also found a sketch of how it will look
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-maJSuMAXgmY/UxYyXYMeA4I/AAAAAAAABLo/gRxPivcu-lE/s1600/2.jpg
It looks like part of the Clover siding was removed to expose the look that Lit Brothers used from 1955 to 1977.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

A Burlington Coat Factory openened inside a former Cub Foods store along with a relocated Michaels store in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The stores are located next to Toys "R" Us, and a Goodwill store (a former Best Buy location).

retailfan

did Cub foods completly close?  They were in Indianapolis for years before closing

HannafordHearts

After the Burlington at Latham Circle Mall in Latham, NY closed back in 2012, BCF finally announced that they are going to re-open at a new store at the Shoppes at Latham Circle, currently under development at the old mall site.

MikeRa

There are several Burlington Coat Factory stores in Philadelphia, including:

• Cottman and Castor Avenue (in portion of former Lit Brothers/Clover/JCPenney)
  • Philadelphia Mills Mall (in former 49th Street Galleria)
  • SW Corner 11th and Market Street, in The Gallery (former JCPenney)
  • Rosevelt Boulevard and Welsh Road (in portion of former E. J. Korvette)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Although I have never bought anything there  I like them. It seems like they sell some decent stuff. I've been to their stores twice. Once in Waterbury, CT and once in Meriden, CT at Townline Square. (I think the store in Meriden may have been Bradlees).

The only problem is apparently they don't respond to emails. Last year I sent their corporate office an email to suggest a location for them to open and I got no response. Not even an acknowledgement that they had received the email.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: retailfan on February 03, 2015, 02:55:24 PM
did Cub foods completly close?  They were in Indianapolis for years before closing

No, the just downsized by closing a few underperforming stores. I have a feeling that Meijer will compensate for the loss of Kmart and Cub in the Green Bay area.

Whoser

The New London Store (Former Bradlees) no longer uses their downstairs section (Exception of Bathrooms and Employee/Stock)

JimSawhill

Burlington Coat in East Hartford, CT was located in J.M. Fields before they moved to the Bradlee's store. Here, at the University Mall (not dead, but in a coma) the Burlington Coat is in the old Montgomery wards store.

standa

A Burlington store will open in the Hamden Mart, Hamden, CT, replacing the recently closed Bon-Ton.

giantsfan2016

The website for Kimco Realty shows Burlington is coming to the West Farms Shopping Center in Farmington, CT It will be in the old Sports Authority. I don't know when they are opening.

http://properties.kimcorealty.com/properties/0548/

TRU7536

Just in that plaza, it will join TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack and Saks off 5th Ave opening in the former Sears site.

Didn't know that piece was 51,000 sf. However Burlington other than coats (where I go) is nothing expressive.

giantsfan2016

Zayre88

Apparently there is one coming in part of the former Kmart in Portsmouth, NH.

I did not see any news article about this but looks official on that website: http://atlanticretail.com/listings/portsmouth-nh-2

standa

Quote from: Zayre88 on November 19, 2017, 06:49:40 PM

I did not see any news article about this but looks official on that website: http://atlanticretail.com/listings/portsmouth-nh-2

That Marshalls has an interesting shape.

retailisking

I was kinda hoping that MB would take over the old Kmart space; that would surely have created a more than adequate space for Burlington to move into.

JJBers

When did the Kmart close?
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)