Burlington (Formerly Burlington Coat Factory)

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
BURLINGTON, NJ, United States (UPI) -- A private equity firm is paying $2.06 billion to buy New Jersey-based Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp.

Under terms of a definitive agreement, Bain Capital Partners LLC will pay $45.50 per share in cash for the clothing retailer, which runs 367 stores in 42 states, Burlington said Wednesday.

Burlington`s majority shareholders, members of the company`s founding family, control 62 percent of the entity and have agreed to vote for the buyout.

'We are thrilled that a transaction with Bain Capital delivers significant value to our stockholders,' said Monroe Milstein, Burlington Coat Factory`s chief executive officer.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International

Man everyone is going through mergers and acquisions!!!! Will they mention the chain's real estate here like they have with K-mart, Toys r us and mcdonald's.

KyleRF

That's the one where I live!

By the way, it has two floors.

d_fife

here is burlington coat in johnson city that opened summer 2003 in the former bradlees. most burlington coats are in the 70,000s and 80,000s area.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is burlington coat in johnson city that opened summer 2003 in the former bradlees. most burlington coats are in the 70,000s and 80,000s area.

more johnson city.

d_fife

more johnson city.

more johnson city.

d_fife

more johnson city.

more johnson city.

more johnson city

d_fife

future burlington coat factory in elmira (horseheads) ny in the former bradlees and it opens this fall and is in the arnot mall.

d_fife

future burlington coat factory in elmira (horseheads) ny in the former bradlees and it opens this fall and is in the arnot mall.

more elmira future one.

d_fife

here is the burlington coat in cicero in the former sears in the former pen cann mall

d_fife

burlington coat in east hartford ct near the manchester line in the charter oak mall.

d_fife

burlington coat factory in bloomfield CT in the old ames. The one above in east hartford was a bradlees. burlington coat a lot more recently has opened in closed stores.

d_fife

burlington coat in waterbury CT in brass center mall.

d_fife

I still wonder why they closed that one in warminster. why? was it in a bad location or something. they are opening stores.

Caldor1999

I still wonder why they closed that one in warminster. why? was it in a bad location or something. they are opening stores.

hmm idk maby because tehre stores just suck but caldor was tehre till teh end and so was ames so i think it was just Burlington Coat Factory it self as a store that dident do well there  msonley because tehre stores suck
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

burlington coat factory in meriden ct in the old  bradlees store on the wallingford line

d_fife

bangor me in the old HQ

bangor me

d_fife

bangor me in the old HQ

bangor me

bangor me

d_fife

bangor me in the old HQ

bangor me

bangor me

bangor me

d_fife

bangor me in the old HQ

bangor me

bangor me

bangor me

bangor me

d_fife

d_fife

the one in poughkeepsie ny in the dying mall

Caldor1999

idk why this chain is stilla round there stores are horrble they neevr have anything good there stores are dirty and they sell damaged merchandise and they move into liek a old bradlees or a old ames or caldor and they stay there for 2 years then shut down
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Crawford

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
idk why this chain is stilla round there stores are horrble they neevr have anything good there stores are dirty and they sell damaged merchandise and they move into liek a old bradlees or a old ames or caldor and they stay there for 2 years then shut down

Kinda disagree with you there Caldor, the first Burlington opened in a former Kings near me in 1984 and has been there ever since. Another one opened in the former Ames in South Attleboro and another in a former Kmart in Johnston RI and all seem to be doing quite well.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford

Kinda disagree with you there Caldor, the first Burlington opened in a former Kings near me in 1984 and has been there ever since. Another one opened in the former Ames in South Attleboro and another in a former Kmart in Johnston RI and all seem to be doing quite well.

well there has been a few overlaping locations idk i just dont like them they dont sell anything good unlike TJ Maxx or marshalls ece there nutten liek them
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford

well there has been a few overlaping locations idk i just dont like them they dont sell anything good unlike TJ Maxx or marshalls ece there nutten liek them

my dad does not like the chain as much and I too compare them to tj maxx or marshalls so TJX companies must as well buy them even though a company got burlington coat recently and  I agree of the overlap. Burlington coat replaced old Ames', bradlees and caldors and some closed kmarts. they have none in VT. They have burlington coat in pawtucket and south attleboro when the towns neighbor.