Burlington (Formerly Burlington Coat Factory)

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i never been to one of there store but they sure took up some space when Ames and Caldor went out of bizz:mad:

and ther etv adds are so funny:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

Never went into one of their stores.  They opened a big store in a former HQ warehouse in Bangor.  They also opened in the former Ames in Concord NH

Jag67

This was our local Burlington, At Eastern Hills.  This store was orginally Jenn's Dept. Store until they partially went out of business in 2001. What I mean by "partially", is they shut down all their dept. stores in 2001, but they still operate a few small clothes stores still under the Jenns name.

Burlington closed this location in 2003. Makes sense. Look at the datedness of this place. looks like it came right out of the 70's.

store215

I've been to the one closest to me which was a Caldor/Ames store before. (There was also a Silo electronics store in the same center). I wasn't real impressed. The prices were not that great, and the quality of some of the home stuff looked very poor. They also have a very poor return policy.

I did end up buying a $30 jacket a year or two back, and the zipper completely fell off. I have had Kmart jackets last longer than this.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I've been to the one closest to me which was a Caldor/Ames store before. (There was also a Silo electronics store in the same center). I wasn't real impressed. The prices were not that great, and the quality of some of the home stuff looked very poor. They also have a very poor return policy.

I did end up buying a $30 jacket a year or two back, and the zipper completely fell off. I have had Kmart jackets last longer than this.

and they say there better then Dept Stores:insane: yea right
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

and they say there better then Dept Stores:insane: yea right

yeah when I first went into a Burlington Coat Factory I WAS EXPECTING something local type retail coat chain like a design of Bradlees with red and white.

I WAS ALSO EXPECTING A FACTORY! lol:insane:

But when I got in the store i got excited with the new fancy floor and colors

but that excitment didn't last for long the whole store was colored in different shades of tan or something like that and it had a warehouse ceiling which I DON'T LIKE

and pretty soon I got bored

store215

This store is now closing. That will mean in a period of 6 years, this store went from Caldor to Ames to BCF to????. What could be next? We have everything in the general area except a Big Lots. I think this shopping center is cursed...as soon as one store opens, another closes:no:

Caldor1999

hears a pic from there add i dont like them there adds are weird and i dont like that fact that they make fun of DEPT stores:mad:
Caldor Forever!

store215

Old (first?) Burlington Coat Factory logo (On Deadmalls.com under 100 Oaks Mall)

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Here is a picture I took today of the closed Burlington Coat Factory in Warminster which formerly was and Ames which was formerly a Caldor.

Zayre88

The Burlington Coat Factory in Manchester NH.  It opened in the former K-mart.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The Burlington Coat Factory in Manchester NH.  It opened in the former K-mart.
It has the same storefront.

Zayre88

Yes!  They completely removed the Kmart storefront and replaced it with their own "probably common" style.

Zayre88

Burlington Coat Factory at Nashua Mall in Nashua NH.

Crawford

This isn't the best of stores but neither is it the worst. You can get some good deals, just buyer beware. They sell a lot of urban clothes and do have some discounted name brands but I have found cheaper elsewhere. People do flock to these stores and they are always busy, however their return policy is horrible--no cash refunds, just merchandise credit and the help lousy if one can even find a salesclerk

Burlington Coat Factory locations I know of

East Providence RI--opened in 1984, replaced Kings which had replaced a Mammoth Mart, this store used to have the blue lettering font then a few years ago it updated to the red one commonly seen. The letters are constantly blowing out

South Attleboro Mass--opened a couple years ago, replaced an Ames which had been a Zayre. Pretty much remodeled the entire facade of the building

Johnston RI--moved into a vacant K-mart, not sure when this opened as I don't travel to that area very often.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

greg8370

Triva fact-- the BCF in New London, CT is in the very first Bradlees ever (Store #880).  I ran the downstairs basement level (the Toy, Seasonal, Sporting Goods depts) the last year it was opened in the 1981 before Bradlees moved across the highway in1982 to the old Two Guys building that I worked in prior to going to Bradlees.

amesman

The one here in Kingston moved into the old Caldor. Other locations I know of are:

Albany(Latham) - Latham Cirlcle Mall - Former Boston Store location

Poughkeepsie - South Hills Mall - Former Hess's location

Syracuse(Cicero) - Penn Can Mall(Drivers Village) - sealed up half of the old Sears location.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
The one here in Kingston moved into the old Caldor. Other locations I know of are:

Syracuse(Cicero) - Penn Can Mall(Drivers Village) - sealed up half of the old Sears location.

the only location i know of iis the one in Stamfored CT with moved into a  caldor that had to leves
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

the only location i know of iis the one in Stamfored CT with moved into a  caldor that had to leves

Heres a couple more.

Lansdale Pa., a former Builder Square
Warminster Pa., a former Caldor and Ames but the Burlington is closed now as well.

Caldor1999

i kida hope the GOB cause they never have anything good and i dont ike tehre tv adds and there never as cheep as they say they r
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

d_fife

here is the burlington coat factory in niles ohio. it is an old one it seems

from Hal Reisenfeld of http://www.reisenfeld.com/listings_detail.php?id=142

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

wow that one looks to ahve been there since teh 70's mabay early 80's
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

It is impressive! Kind of looks like a Bradlees.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

It is impressive! Kind of looks like a Bradlees.

bradlees was never in ohio. I guess that is what the old Burlington coat factory stores looked like.

I think there was one in a mill building in downtown manchester.

store215

BURLINGTON, NJ, United States (UPI) -- A private equity firm is paying $2.06 billion to buy New Jersey-based Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp.

Under terms of a definitive agreement, Bain Capital Partners LLC will pay $45.50 per share in cash for the clothing retailer, which runs 367 stores in 42 states, Burlington said Wednesday.

Burlington`s majority shareholders, members of the company`s founding family, control 62 percent of the entity and have agreed to vote for the buyout.

'We are thrilled that a transaction with Bain Capital delivers significant value to our stockholders,' said Monroe Milstein, Burlington Coat Factory`s chief executive officer.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International