Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack

Started by Caldor1999, May 04, 2005, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
nordstrom in king of prussia mall in king of prussia pa. THE STORE IS EXPENSIVE As a coat can cost 325 dollars, a tie costs like 70 dollars etc!!!!!! The store is posh. but bloomingdale's seems more so!!!!
i have gotten a few thinsg from nordstrom before i got a nic epair of shouse there for liek 70 bucks but they nordstrom and bloomingdales do cots alot of money butthere no were near as expensive as Saks 5th ave or neman marcus
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

Nordstrom in the westfarms mall in west hartford / farmington CT and i heard it was the first one in new england as it opened in 1997 and it is in a more upscale part of the mall.

d_fife

Nordstrom in the westfarms mall in west hartford / farmington CT and i heard it was the first one in new england as it opened in 1997 and it is in a more upscale part of the mall.

westfarms one

Caldor1999

i dont think it was because teh one in white planes ny opend in 1993 but im gussing ny is not a part of new england
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

Nordstrom in Towson MD (Near baltimore) in the Towson center and the store was 4 levels and the 4th one was Nordstrom rack.

d_fife

Nordstrom in Towson MD (Near baltimore) in the Towson center and the store was 4 levels and the 4th one was Nordstrom rack.

towson

d_fife

d_fife

nordstrom in natick mall.

nordstrom in natick

d_fife

nordstrom in natick

natick

d_fife

nordstrom in natick

natick

natick

d_fife

nordstrom in natick

natick

natick

natick

gu4ever

This is a back-lit sign of the Nordstrom's at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

videogamer75

Closest one to me is in the Cherry Hill Mall

gu4ever

Here is the Nordstrom second floor mall entrance and window features.

gu4ever

The Nordstrom window feature on the first level.

Marc82

I've been to 2 Nordstroms. Once 6 1/2 years ago at the King of Prussia Mall. I went to a writing convention in K.O.P. and a few of us decided to go to the mall. A lady in our group needed a pair of pantyhose so she bought it at Norstroms.

Then last Friday my best friend Paul (We're really close and I call him my adopted Sicilian Brother) and I went to Westfarms Mall in West Hartford to get a Christmas gift for his brother. We parked near Nordstroms and cut through the store to get out to the mall. They didn't have anyone there, but they have a piano that someone plays. I thought that was cool. Paul says he can play the piano, but he was afraid of getting bounced out by security if he went over to play it.

ynkeesfn82

The very first Nordstrom Rack in Connecticut will be opening this spring in Farmington down the street from the regular Nordstrom at the West Farms Mall. It will be opening in the West Farms Plaza. My guess in the former Linen & Things.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/the-scene/fashion/Nordstrom-Rack-Coming-to-Connecticut-126253858.html

MikeRa

So there are now 3 Nordstrom locations in the SE Pennsylvania/South Jersey/Delaware area, and 2 of them were built on the site of a Strawbridge & Clothier store (Cherry Hill Mall and Christiana Mall), and the third, along with Lord & Taylor and Neiman Marcus, replaced several stores, including Woolworth and a A Frame Acme Markets (King of Prussia Plaza)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

giantsfan2016

The Nordstrom Family is reportedly looking for a buyer for their store.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/ct-nordstrom-private-buyout-20170914-story.html

Brammy's thoughts: Doesn't mean I agree with it, but I am willing to bet that any new owner of the company will immediately end Nordstrom's policy of not being open on Thanksgiving. I'm also thinking a sale will be a death warrant for the store.

danfifepsu

Brammy

Nordstrom just opened a 7 story flagship store in NYC.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/nordstrom-bets-big-on-a-new-york-flagship-51572049835

Two other future locations include the new SoNo Collection development in South Norwalk, CT and at The American Dreams development in Jersey.
The Real Brammy

TRU7536

Nordstrom plans on closing 16 of their 117 regular stores.
https://news.yahoo.com/nordstrom-permanently-close-16-stores-155015076.html

These have been confirmed:
Arden Fair Mall â€" Sacramento, CA
Freehold Raceway Mall â€" Freehold, NJ
Clackama Town Center â€" Portland, OR
Short Pump Town Center â€" Richmond, VA

mixedday

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-forces-nordstrom-to-permanently-close-16-stores-heres-the-list

Here are the 16:

Chandler Fashion Centre, 3199 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, Arizona.
Arden Fair Mall, 1651 Arden Way, Sacramento, California.
Paseo Nuevo, 17 W Canon Perdido St., Santa Barbara, California.
Montclair Place, 5015 N. Montclair Plaza Ln., Montclair, California.
Westfield North County, 270 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido, California.
3601 The Galleria at Tyler, Riverside, California.
Stoneridge Shopping Centre, 1600 Stoneridge Mall Rd.,Pleasanton, California.
FlatIron Crossing, 21 W. Flatiron Crossing Dr, Broomfield, Colorado.
Waterside Shops, 5489 Tamiami Trail N., Naples, Florida.
Dadeland Mall, 7239 N. Kendall Dr., Miami, Florida.
1800 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, Maryland.
Freehold Raceway Mall, 3710 U.S. Highway 9, Freehold, New Jersey.
Clackamas Town Centre, SE 85th Ave., Happy Valley, Oregon.
North East Mall, 1101 Melbourne Rd, Hurst, Texas.
Short Pump Town Centre, 11812 W. Broad St., Richmond, Virginia.
4000 The Mall of San Juan Blvd., San Juan, Puerto Rico.

danfifepsu

Quote from: mixedday on May 14, 2020, 08:17:44 AM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-forces-nordstrom-to-permanently-close-16-stores-heres-the-list

Here are the 16:

Chandler Fashion Centre, 3199 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, Arizona.
Arden Fair Mall, 1651 Arden Way, Sacramento, California.
Paseo Nuevo, 17 W Canon Perdido St., Santa Barbara, California.
Montclair Place, 5015 N. Montclair Plaza Ln., Montclair, California.
Westfield North County, 270 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido, California.
3601 The Galleria at Tyler, Riverside, California.
Stoneridge Shopping Centre, 1600 Stoneridge Mall Rd.,Pleasanton, California.
FlatIron Crossing, 21 W. Flatiron Crossing Dr, Broomfield, Colorado.
Waterside Shops, 5489 Tamiami Trail N., Naples, Florida.
Dadeland Mall, 7239 N. Kendall Dr., Miami, Florida.
1800 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, Maryland.
Freehold Raceway Mall, 3710 U.S. Highway 9, Freehold, New Jersey.
Clackamas Town Centre, SE 85th Ave., Happy Valley, Oregon.
North East Mall, 1101 Melbourne Rd, Hurst, Texas.
Short Pump Town Centre, 11812 W. Broad St., Richmond, Virginia.
4000 The Mall of San Juan Blvd., San Juan, Puerto Rico.

most of those markets had too many Nordstroms. I was not surprised of San Juan as I went there 5 yrs ago and that had just opened and a lot of the mall wasn't open and Saks 5th AVe didnt reopen due to the damage of Hurricane Maria. I guess they never should have opened there.

mixedday

I'm surprised Freehold Raceway Mall Nordstrom is closing, as Monmouth County, NJ is very densely populated and there are a lot of upper income households. It's probably wealthier area than Cherry Hill, but maybe Nordstrom kept Cherry Hill as it draws some customers from Philly.

However, maybe lease agreements at FRM were unfavorable. Also, the Jackson Premium Outlets is 10 miles away. Anytime an outlet mall is within reasonable distance,  it likely hurts the department stores nearby.

TheFugitive

Nordstrom is closing it's Downtown San Francisco store.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/nordstrom-closes-its-san-francisco-store-after-35-years/ar-AA1fSAMg

The COVID pandemic causing many high-tech companies to let their people work from home, as well as increasing levels of crime, have taken a severe toll on the store's profitability.