fye closeing

Started by wwefan101, January 07, 2010, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwefan101

are all the stores closeing i was in millbury ma and seen it posted store closeing on ther louction i will have a pic up later on today

EddieJ1984

I don't believe all of them are closing, at least none of them near me, I think.

Marc82

This section is about AMES stores. Not other stores. Jon or Chris can you move this thread?

C. Fontaine

Good call Marc, moved.

wwefan101

opps  didnet notice thanks  for moveing it

wwefan101

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by wwefan101
are all the stores closeing i was in millbury ma and seen it posted store closeing on ther louction i will have a pic up later on today

They did announce in November they're shutting 137
http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2010/01/04/daily32.html
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Marc82

Is there a complete list of store closing any where? I'd don't shop at FYE but I like looking around there. At the Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury they have a big store. And they have a seperate store called FYE GAMES.
The store at the Brass Mill Mall is much bigger than the one at the Meriden Square.

Meanwhile Bristol lost theirs a while back - sometime after they change from Strawberries to FYE and the one in Southington next to Shaw's closed before they conversion from Strawberries to FYE. They one in vacant one in Southington still has a Strawberries rug in there. I want it but I'm too scared to ask the landlord if I can have it.

Crawford

I believe they are just closing the ones that are in shopping plazas. The ones in Seekonk and South Attleboro Mass pretty much vanished overnight, The ones in the nearby malls seem to be ok. There is a large FYE on Route 2 in Warwick, a co-worker of mine lives near there, I'll ask her if it is still open.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

amesman

wwefan101

i goingto try to check the one at the aburn ma mall next time i go

Marc82

The former Southington, CT Strawberries in the Southington Plaza (Shaw's Plaza) closed down shortly before all the Stawberrie's became FYE. A Strawberries Welcome mat is still in the store. From March 13th until May 13th this spot is being used by a non-profit group called "Kristen's Closet".

From Southington.Org

Kristen's Kloset - This program partnership with Southington Youth Services assists students with prom items and clothes needed to attend school functions. She was a young girl killed in a car crash 6 years ago.

TRJ22487

Here is the former Keene, NH location that closed in early 2010
It was formerly a Strawberries from the earliest days of the plaza
to around 2008 when it immediately converted to an FYE
For some reason instead of taking out the road signs they inverted them

Fye was on the far left and Sullivan Tire was on the far right
Curves was formerly Lindt Chocolate, I think AutoZone has always been Autozone since the plaza was first built around the time the Applebee's was built