Mall Food Courts

Started by reitelle, November 03, 2009, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reitelle

The Lake Square Mall dying mall in my area and it has NO chain restaurants;  the only places it has to eat at are the china max, a cheap no-name-no-taste sub shop, and an ice cream shop that my friend owns LOL. BEAT THAT!

EddieJ1984

I don't care for food courts that don't have any cheap options (Like a fast food place with a value menu)
Neshaminy Mall falls under this. It has a sarku japan, chik-fil-a, saladworks, flamers, china max, pizza zeppole, and charlies grilled subs/

You want an item under 3 bucks? too bad.
The worst part is there was a taco bell coming there for about a year, but supposidly it never became it cause the food court tenants complained that it would be too cheap compared to the others. Flamer's would be right next to it, flamers btw sells hamburgers that are at least $5.

Thats a bad food court imo, a couple years ago there was a wendy's in it, but sadly they left.

Marc82

The one at the Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, CT has 3 Asian Restuarants in it. And all 3 are usually handing out samples. There's also a BK, Subway, and maybe a Sbarro? (Not sure/don't remember/too lazy to look at their website). Non food court places to eat are: Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, and Bertucci's. There is also an Orange Julius/DQ combo in the mall.

At the adjacent Brass Mill Commons they have McDonalds, TGI Fridays, and a Hometown Buffet.

GothicPrincess

I can't complain about the food court in Westmoreland Mall. If you want expensive, you got Ruby Tuesdays or the Japanese steakhouse. The rest is Subway, a pizza shop, DQ, McDonalds, the cookie place, another japanese place, trying to remember, give me a sec...Downstairs they have the Orange Julius (strawberry is the s***), Plus Auntie Anne's pretzels, yummy. It's a general food court, with lots of different options. My issue is the gourmet expensive coffee kiosk. No one can afford it, no one goes there. It's been recycled quite a few times in the past few years. Not even sure if it's still there right now, it's been over a month since I been there. When I go up there again I'll get a better list of what's there, and if there have been any changes to make it worse...OH!!! almost forgot. Right across from Ruby Tuesdays, through the outside doors is Chuck E Cheese if you want pizza and token games...I like it there............
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

The Adamantium Elbow

I liked the sub place in Westmoreland Mall better when it was Blimpie's instead of Subway.

GothicPrincess

I have to agree with you there, Elbow. I miss Blimpie. Jersey City had the best Blimpies....
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

webcookie

I happen to think that the food court at the Galleria at Crystal Run in Middletown, NY is sorely lacking. It includes Wendy's, Nathan's, Roman Delight, and two or three Asian food places. There used to be a Subway, and a Blimpie before that, but alas. We also used to have Arthur Treacher's, Duke's Dogs, and I Primi Pasta. Planet Wings pizza and Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins round out the food offerings on the lower level.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

amesman

The Hudson Valley Mall food court in Kingston has been the same for about 5 years, and it gets boring pretty fast. There's Taco Bell(original in the mall from 1981), Subway, Sbarro(which I myself dislike.. too greasy and not that great overall), Cajun Cafe, and East Wok(which used to be Nathan's). McDonald's used to have a spot, but they closed a couple years ago. A long time ago, where the theater entrance is now, there was a Hershey's Ice Cream store and an A&W.

Caldor1999

one of the worst i have ever seen is the one in the Stamford town center in Stamford CT only thing they have that's good there is a sabbro and subway everything else is blah and its never  packed in that food court

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

Aviation Mall in Glens Falls is bad too. I mediocre Arby's, Subway, and a chinese food place. And that's it. There used to be a Taco Bell, and a really long time ago, McDonald's, which now houses the mall offices and security office.

reitelle

Now I'm really quite saddened, I was hoping at least someone would have a food court with as bleak a content as mine :(

d_fife

what food court do you mean?

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

sorry i made a posting error, i meant to post this as a reply to my older thread and it posted as a new thread entirely, i will see if i can delete it

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by reitelle
QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

sorry i made a posting error, i meant to post this as a reply to my older thread and it posted as a new thread entirely, i will see if i can delete it

ok there's no way to delete it that i can see, the food court is the one in my local mall that has no chain restaurants, only random hole in the wall joints that have crap food yet charge an arm and a leg

Ameskid

This was what the food court in Beechmont Mall looked like before it closed:

Former Great Steak & Potato Company and unknowm restaurant.  The TGI Friday's and seating area may have been on the right where you see the umbrellas.

Going past TGI Friday's, which had a direct link to the food court.  All of the flooring and walls you see are now concrete or landscaping.

Entering the food court.  I think the seating area would be on the far right.  However, straight ahead I see a sign for GS&PCo., which was on the other side of the shuttered food booth you see here.  Maybe Great Steak took up 2 spaces?  Who knows.

The only part of the food court I even vaguely remember.  I seem to remember that the doors led to the outside world.  As you went along the wall you see on the right side of the picture, you woudl eventually come to an opening that led into Kmart and the Little Caesar's restaurant. Not sure if that was considered part of the food court or not, but it is now restrooms and a back room of the store (they put a big wall right at the entrance to LCs, but you can still see some of the paper towel dispensers and stuff back there.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

gu4ever

The Latham Circle Mall..... The food court is empty, if you have visited this mall you know what I mean, it's a big food court for the mall and it sits vacant of tenants and life.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

buzz86us

didn't they gut half the mall for the lowes? I know they had a Old Country buffet but I am not sure that counts last time I was there there was a small shop that had some comics and is the Burlington Coat Factory still there. I live right around there but I need to get out there some more. Pretty much half the older malls in the albany area have been built over. I sort of miss the mohawk mall, the Saratoga Mall and to a lesser extent the northway mall. I am surprised this mall is even still standing the way things are but considering all the stuff around it I can sort of see why this one remains. I remember some random game place that had some bouncy stuff and a ball pit.

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on April 12, 2012, 12:07:22 AM
didn't they gut half the mall for the lowes? I know they had a Old Country buffet but I am not sure that counts last time I was there there was a small shop that had some comics and is the Burlington Coat Factory still there. I live right around there but I need to get out there some more. Pretty much half the older malls in the albany area have been built over. I sort of miss the mohawk mall, the Saratoga Mall and to a lesser extent the northway mall. I am surprised this mall is even still standing the way things are but considering all the stuff around it I can sort of see why this one remains. I remember some random game place that had some bouncy stuff and a ball pit.

Not exactly - they took down a former Caldor and part of the hallway that connected it to the mall (it was an add on to begin with), plus an old Grand Union that sat separated in the parking lot and one small old bank building in the front of the lot when they built the Lowes.

Old Country has been gone for a couple years and the Burlington is currently in the process of closing.  There are still a handful of small stores (literally a handful, maybe 5), the movie theater and JC Penney at the far end (though they've closed their mall entry and must be accessed from the parking lot now).

There are plans to re-do the whole place in the near future (though this isn't the first time that has been announced) - no official new tenants are known yet though.
http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/The-sweet-smell-of-success-No-3475751.php - Article from the Times Union about the mall

Surprising that WalMart was never mentioned in discussions at any point - they have been trying to move the store they have in Latham Farms up on Route 9 a bit to build a supercenter and have had no luck with getting approval - this would seem to be an easy site, given it was already retail and not too many would want to keep them out just to keep a nearly vacant mall.

buzz86us

yeah at this point I didn't think it was really far behind that this mall would be changed into a big box center like everything else in this area.

Pikapower

The Eastern Hill Mall's food court has the following currently

. Subway (the only "good" restaurant in there)
. Nana's (a Greek eatery)
. LaRosa Pizza (self explanatory)
. China Panda (a typical mediocre Chinese food place)

They used have a Burger King and Mississippi Mudds used to have second location in there they used to have a little arcade area, but there's still some coin-op kiddie rides and candy machines sprawled out the food court.

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Hudsons81

As of 1998*, the former food court (named Picnic in the Garden) at Southland Center in Taylor, MI (since torn down in 2006 for a Best Buy store) had the following:

• (Sawa) The Family Restaurant (since relocated, but now defunct)
  • Fiesta Cantina
  • Dairy Queen/Orange Julius combo (relocated in 2006 to an east court kiosk)
  • Subway (relocated in 2006 to the corridor to the ex-Mervyn's
  • McDonald's
  • Sbarro (relocated in 2006 to the corridor to the then-Borders (now Forever 21))
  • Great Steak & Potato Company
  • Joia Pastel/Brazillian Cafe
  • Lafayette Coney Island (the coney island here is a type of hot dog very popular in the Detroit area)
  • Magic Wok
  • Tropical Grill

I still remember going there, although those memories are vague, I think.
*not my scanned photo

MikeRa

Quote from: EddieJ1984 on November 04, 2009, 12:36:34 PM
I don't care for food courts that don't have any cheap options (Like a fast food place with a value menu)
Neshaminy Mall falls under this. It has a sarku japan, chik-fil-a, saladworks, flamers, china max, pizza zeppole, and charlies grilled subs/

You want an item under 3 bucks? too bad.
The worst part is there was a taco bell coming there for about a year, but supposidly it never became it cause the food court tenants complained that it would be too cheap compared to the others. Flamer's would be right next to it, flamers btw sells hamburgers that are at least $5.

Thats a bad food court imo, a couple years ago there was a wendy's in it, but sadly they left.
Current eateries in the Food Court at Neshaminy Mall (As of 11/12/2013):

• Charley's Grilled Subs
  • Chick-Fil-A
  • China Max
  • Little Toyko
  • Mexican Post
  • Pizza Zeppole
  • Rita's
  • Salad Works
  • TCBY
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Pikapower

Speaking of food courts, the Boulevard Mall in Amherst, NY is loosing their food court for a Dicks!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/business-news/dicks-to-replace-food-court-at-boulevard-mall

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

My favorite mall is the Westfield Meiden Sqaure Mall in Meriden, Connecticut. Here's their Food Court.

Pretzel Maker (Okay, so technically it's not in the food court itself, it's right next door to the first restaurant in the Food Court).
Frankie's Hotdogs (just opened. Before that it was What-a-Deli and before that it was something else).
Cajun Cafe
Thai Spice (Opening Soon. This space was empty for a long time. It was an all-in-one KFC/Arthur Treachers/Nathan's).
Charlie's Philadelphia Steaks
Cosmo's Pizza
Subway
Vacant (Formerly Taco Bell. After Taco Bell closed it was Taco Express).
Asian Fusion (it used to be another Asian Place)
McDonald's
Japanese Place

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on January 06, 2015, 09:55:42 AM
Thai Spice (Opening Soon. This space was empty for a long time. It was an all-in-one KFC/Arthur Treachers/Nathan's).

I didn't know KFC had affiliations with Arthur Treacher's and Nathan's.

MikeRa

The Food Court at Oxford valley Mall, in Langhorne, PA, started out as the 2nd floor of a 2-story Woolworth store.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Ameskid

Downtown Cincinnati's Tower Place Mall, located in the Carew Tower, had little remaining of its food court before it closed in 2013.

Apart from Subway (which closed when the mall was closed for good), the last restaurant there was Chick-Fil-A, which moved in 2011 or so.

The mall consisted of three octagonally-shaped floors of dining and retail, and when it was finally shuttered, the entire place was gutted, ramps were added, and it was turned into a parking garage. Unusual for sure, but definitely useful.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Pikapower

To me, a mall isn't a mall without a food court in it and here's what I think are the quintessential restaurants in a mall food court.

. A pizzeria
. A Subway or some other deli place that serves subs
. A Chinese food place
. A "traditional" fast food place (IE. McDonald's)
. A Mexican food place
. A coffee and donut shop (IE. Tim Hortons) 

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Pikapower on January 24, 2015, 04:35:15 PM
To me, a mall isn't a mall without a food court in it and here's what I think are the quintessential restaurants in a mall food court.

. A pizzeria
. A Subway or some other deli place that serves subs
. A Chinese food place
. A "traditional" fast food place (IE. McDonald's)
. A Mexican food place
. A coffee and donut shop (IE. Tim Hortons) 
. An ice cream or frozen yogurt shop (ie. Dairy Queen or Baskin-Robbin's)
. A Japanese restaurant/sushi bar

Pikapower

O.K. name me one mall that is not dead that doesn't have a food court?