Tyler Square (Willimantic, Connecticut)

Started by JJBers, October 28, 2017, 01:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJBers

This shopping area seems to be nearly dead, with only a Sherman Williams (a paint store), a chinese restaurant called "New China", EASTCONN (a education service) co signed with American Job Center East?, and lastly the local VA office and social security office. All the rest of the area is sadly vacant.
A Taco Bell, the first Dollar Tree in Willimantic (other one is the East Brook Mall), and a AutoZone are outlots to this plaza, mostly is the reason for the light, since that's the only way to get in or out to any of them, except for for heading East on CT 66/32 to get in.
I decided to take some photos of it along with the Dollar Tree on the outlot. (Taco Bell and Autozone are not featured in the album, but I took photos too)
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

JimSawhill

Quote from: JJBers on October 28, 2017, 01:34:15 AM
This shopping area seems to be nearly dead, with only a Sherman Williams (a paint store), a chinese restaurant called "New China", EASTCONN (a education service) co signed with American Job Center East?, and lastly the local VA office and social security office. All the rest of the area is sadly vacant.
A Taco Bell, the first Dollar Tree in Willimantic (other one is the East Brook Mall), and a AutoZone are outlots to this plaza, mostly is the reason for the light, since that's the only way to get in or out to any of them, except for for heading East on CT 66/32 to get in.
I decided to take some photos of it along with the Dollar Tree on the outlot. (Taco Bell and Autozone are not featured in the album, but I took photos too)

If I'm not mistaken, Tyler Square - back in the 90s - had a movie theater along with railroad tracks in the parking lot. Across the street was an​ Agway...

JJBers

Quote from: JimSawhill on November 01, 2017, 09:26:06 PM
Quote from: JJBers on October 28, 2017, 01:34:15 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Tyler Square - back in the 90s - had a movie theater along with railroad tracks in the parking lot. Across the street was an​ Agway...
Ehhhhh...I'm pretty sure not. The railroad tracks are still semi-active today, so I wouldn't see them being used as a parking lot. The movie theater you're talking about is down the road at Jillson Square, which had a former railroad run nearby. But that's been long torn up, and is now a rail-trail.
The Agway part, I have no clue. The building across the street from Tyler Square used to be Stop and Shop, before becoming Walgreens, then now a Salvation Army.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)