Main Menu

August 15, 2002-August 15, 2012

Started by patk, December 26, 2009, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patk

the 10th anniversary of the GOB:hurt:
i think we have to meet up on that day (8/15/2012)
at the home office wat ya think?

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
the 10th anniversary of the GOB:hurt:
i think we have to meet up on that day (8/12/2012)
at the home office wat ya think?

Good idea!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Marc82

I agree. We'll need food, soda, and beer.

patk

get Roy Rogers or Little Caesars or Sonic food!:insane:

Marc82

All three could work.

Roy Rogers is in Manchester not too far from Rocky Hill.

Sonic will be in Wallingford by then, again not too far from Rocky Hill.

Little Caesars would work too. Again Whethersfield isn't too far from Rocky Hill.

patk

well for this to work the home office still has to be there not used and the stuff for the city of Rocky Hill are in:insane:

Marc82

I know it's still more than 2 years away, but here's what I was thinking.

Let's make this an all-day thing. We can all meet at The Southington Plaza at 11AM. We can all snag photos of the vacant Shaw's Supermarket. Then we can have lunch at the Burger King in the plaza. What's so special about this Burger King? The interior is sports-themed, which makes it unique. Then we start a carpool. (I'm not leading any carpools, as I don't drive the highways). We can carpool to up Queen Street to Queen Plaza and snag photos of a BBB and Bob's Furniture Store that was home to AMES and built originally in the 70s for Zayre. From there we can carpool to AMES Coporate Offices in Rocky Hill. (Someone needs to contact the real estate company and see if they'll let us tour the building). From there we can carpool to Manchester and see the abandoned Manchester Parkade, featuring a Bradlees. From there we can shoot over to Dayville, one of the last remaining Ames in the state. Then we shoot down to Norwich and see the Norwichtown Mall, which now that the Bristol Centre Mall has been demolished is the most notorious Dead Mall In Conneticut. Then we can head back to Southington and that'll be the end of the day.

patk

jmcnamara96

hmmm if i only could drive from nh to ct thats a long drive!

Marc82

I don't know where in New Hampshire you are, but it's not that long of a drive. I would say 3 hours at the most. Growing up my family and I would vacation up in the Brattleboro Vermont - Keene, New Hampshire areas and it was like a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Ameskid

If only I could drive from Ohio to Connecticut...except that I'm too young, I don't have a license, and my parents would say absolutely not.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Marc82

You won't be close to 18 by then? You can take AMTRAK into Berlin and someone can pick you up at the train station.

jmcnamara96

We should all rent big boxy 80s Caprice Wagons with rear facing seats and car pool by state show up at ames with are ames stuff and other retail stuff chris brings his carts and we race carts in the warehouse then party with great little ceasers and stuff yum  :D

palooza68

Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2009, 01:31:57 PM
I know it's still more than 2 years away, but here's what I was thinking.

Let's make this an all-day thing. We can all meet at The Southington Plaza at 11AM. We can all snag photos of the vacant Shaw's Supermarket. Then we can have lunch at the Burger King in the plaza. What's so special about this Burger King? The interior is sports-themed, which makes it unique. Then we start a carpool. (I'm not leading any carpools, as I don't drive the highways). We can carpool to up Queen Street to Queen Plaza and snag photos of a BBB and Bob's Furniture Store that was home to AMES and built originally in the 70s for Zayre. From there we can carpool to AMES Coporate Offices in Rocky Hill. (Someone needs to contact the real estate company and see if they'll let us tour the building). From there we can carpool to Manchester and see the abandoned Manchester Parkade, featuring a Bradlees. From there we can shoot over to Dayville, one of the last remaining Ames in the state. Then we shoot down to Norwich and see the Norwichtown Mall, which now that the Bristol Centre Mall has been demolished is the most notorious Dead Mall In Conneticut. Then we can head back to Southington and that'll be the end of the day.

Hey as of a few months ago the Ansonia AMES is still vaccanet so if you wanna ad that to your list?!?!?!