The next store to go.....

Started by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB, May 03, 2005, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
I hate to agree, but I think that either the days are numbered for both JC Penney and Sears.  While I love JC Penney, they just don't seem to offer anything new or different-but they are the only ones left in this area to offer size 5 shoes and they are one of the few left with a catalog which is nice to look through.  I guess the new wave will be for more stores to rely on their websites for orders.

I can't figure what is going on with Sears as the one in the mall down the street from us just looks junkier every day.  I used to love their "petite" clothes, but the variety and selection just gets nastier every time I go in the store.  (Where, or where, is a 5 foot person to go to find nicely made petite clothes if JC Penney goes now that the Petite Sophisticate chain is gone???????)

The only thing that remains true to Sears is their entire Craftsman and tool line which always seems to be the busiest section of the store!  Maybe they should just drop all the clothes and everything on the first floor and just handle home entertainment, vacuums, appliances and all the tool lines!

:holysh: :o :holysh: :o :no: :no: :no: :no:

JC Penny has impropved well at the locations near me and there sales have gone up and there more upscale then sears Sears is only good at tools and such they should just stick to that they never have anything good compired to dept stores liek JC Penny Macys Kohls ect and u also got discouterhs liek Target and u also have best buy tahts also putting them down to me i alwayas see Sears as the store in the mall thats just there and thats it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Ameskid

I agree with Caldor1999. They really don't do well at all at selling clothes. They don't make theirselves well-known for it.....but they do for tools! Their tools are inarguably their best sellers. So, as long as Craftsman and the other brands aren't dropped, they'll do excellent!:goodidea:
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

powersbt

And I agree with you. It's those name Brands that they sell especially the Craftsman Line, that keeps them going. No, they are not big on apparel, which is why they should not still be compared to the likes of JC Penney or Macys. They are different style of stores. Same as Discounters. Sears would not fit into that category either. They know their niche, have found their niche and are sticking to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
I agree with Caldor1999. They really don't do well at all at selling clothes. They don't make theirselves well-known for it.....but they do for tools! Their tools are inarguably their best sellers. So, as long as Craftsman and the other brands aren't dropped, they'll do excellent!:goodidea:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid

they shoudl just stick to kichen stuff and housewere stuff and tools and whatnot and just drop evreything else
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

david121

Locally, talking about stores in my town here... I think that Kohls will be the first to go. The parking lot has 30 cars max at any given time, and the parking lot can hold almost 200 cars. When you go in, there are barely any people in the store, or anyone working. Hell, I heard they had massive layoffs and firings shortly after they opened.

I don't go to the mall very often, like twice a year since there's nothing there I buy. But JCPenny does very well in the mall, so does Sears. Kmart is right down the street... I'm not really sure if it'll stay or go under, I guess it does OK.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by david121
Locally, talking about stores in my town here... I think that Kohls will be the first to go. The parking lot has 30 cars max at any given time, and the parking lot can hold almost 200 cars. When you go in, there are barely any people in the store, or anyone working. Hell, I heard they had massive layoffs and firings shortly after they opened.

I don't go to the mall very often, like twice a year since there's nothing there I buy. But JCPenny does very well in the mall, so does Sears. Kmart is right down the street... I'm not really sure if it'll stay or go under, I guess it does OK.

Almost sounds like you're describing my area. I too question Kohls, at least at a local level. I do not hear much about it, and it wasn't built in a prime location. I mean yes, it is in the Big Commercial Zone, but could have stood to be placed elsewhere.

I think prices affect their business. Why go there when they can go to Walmart or K Mart down the street. JC Penneys often has bargains between their sales, and their coupons.

david121

Where do you live? I live in Watertown, NY... would be ironic if it was a mirror image.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by david121
Where do you live? I live in Watertown, NY... would be ironic if it was a mirror image.

I live in Rome, but was referring to the Utica (New Hartford) area.

Pikapower

Here are my predictions on what store would go out in the near future:

* Sears
* Kmart
* Gymboree
* Pretty much almost every store that has mostly mall locations would close their stores

Here are the ones that we've already lost since the last post in this thread:

* Aeropostale
* Blockbuster
* Brothers (the boys version of Justice for Girls)
* 77 Kids (the kiddie version of American Eagle Outfitters)
* The Limited
* Radio Shack
* HH Gregg
* Gander Mountain
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia