Via Port Rotterdam

Started by buzz86us, May 11, 2022, 06:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz86us

wow i went to BJs in Rotterdam, and i decided to stop in.. this mall is DEAD the only thing keeping it going is a government call center, a movie theater, and possibly a cityhall..
They don't even have Bath and Body works, or GNC which is a strong indication.

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on May 11, 2022, 06:01:38 AMwow i went to BJs in Rotterdam, and i decided to stop in.. this mall is DEAD the only thing keeping it going is a government call center, a movie theater, and possibly a cityhall..

There is also the aquarium and the dinosaur exhibit that likely bring in some people - not sure why the entertainment part still looks to be closed - it was understandable in 2020, not so much now.

Retail Regents

Quote from: BillyGr on May 13, 2022, 10:45:22 AM
Quote from: buzz86us on May 11, 2022, 06:01:38 AMwow i went to BJs in Rotterdam, and i decided to stop in.. this mall is DEAD the only thing keeping it going is a government call center, a movie theater, and possibly a cityhall..

There is also the aquarium and the dinosaur exhibit that likely bring in some people - not sure why the entertainment part still looks to be closed - it was understandable in 2020, not so much now.

There are still people in society that believe it's a major risk to reopen. At this point, the whole place may as well be de-malled and be a full office complex. There is no reason for this mall to still exist.

BillyGr

Quote from: Retail Regents on May 13, 2022, 06:54:45 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on May 13, 2022, 10:45:22 AM

There are still people in society that believe it's a major risk to reopen. At this point, the whole place may as well be de-malled and be a full office complex. There is no reason for this mall to still exist.

That may be, but other places that offer similar entertainment have reopened, so no reason this one couldn't as well.

Why should they take down the existing building IF there are still things that use it (or can) - they can put offices in the existing buildings rather than waste money taking the down and building new ones, while allowing the things that still want to operate to do so! 
I suspect the owners of the aquarium would give you many reasons that they want the mall to still exist - they invested money to set up there, why kick them out for no reason?