Painters Crossing

Started by nims57, November 18, 2009, 10:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nims57

Does anyone know anything about this shopping center? It is nicely landscaped with trees, kind of hidden at US Rt. 1 and 202.  I am a bit confused as to what town/county this is actually considered. Could be two. The real mystery is when the AMC theater here opened. I heard the various restaurants in this center were built in 1984. Some clues point to 1990 for the theater. AMC I think had no theaters in the Philadelphia area before 1986, when they bought Budco Cinemas. This AMC looks much better (and newer) than the other AMCs down the road, and I doubt it was remodeled. It was recently shut down for rat infestation though.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
Does anyone know anything about this shopping center? It is nicely landscaped with trees, kind of hidden at US Rt. 1 and 202.  I am a bit confused as to what town/county this is actually considered. Could be two. The real mystery is when the AMC theater here opened. I heard the various restaurants in this center were built in 1984. Some clues point to 1990 for the theater. AMC I think had no theaters in the Philadelphia area before 1986, when they bought Budco Cinemas. This AMC looks much better (and newer) than the other AMCs down the road, and I doubt it was remodeled. It was recently shut down for rat infestation though.
The AMC Painter's Crossing 9 Theatre was built as an Acme Markets store.

The shopping center is located in West Chester, PA.

Before 1986, AMC had 4 theatres in the Philadelphia area:

[list=1]
  • Bucks Mall Colonial Twin, Feasterville, PA
  • Leo Mall Twin, Philadelphia, PA
  • Premiere Twin, Bensalem
  • Woodhaven Mall 4, Bensalem, PA
  • [/list=1]
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"