Barnes & Noble's B. Dalton

Started by ameskmart1, October 18, 2009, 06:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Marc82

I didn't even know they were still around.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
I didn't even know they were still around.

I never heard of them.

GothicPrincess

I did a search near me and it came up with one in Pittsburgh and one in Johnstown...Didn't know we even had any around here...amazing what you can find out when you just google things lmaooooo!!!!!!!! Love that google......
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

kendra

There was one in the Bangor Mall, I made sure to purchase something in its final days, as I did with Kay-Bee Toys when it closed last year.

There are now only about a half-dozen original stores remaining in that mall, two of them anchors in the form of JCPenney and Sears, and some tenacious hangers-on like Radio Shack (or "The Shack" as they apparently fancy themselves these days).

beachgal26

Once again, life as we know it continues to be more homoginized and we are left with fewer and fewer choices of where to shp.

BillyGr

Quote from: nims57 on October 19, 2009, 04:32:55 PM
I never heard of them.

As the article says, they were a division of Dayton Hudson (now known as Target Corporation).

What it doesn't say is that they were STARTED by Dayton Hudson (more precisely, by Dayton when Dayton and Hudson were two separate companies) by Bruce Dayton (hence the B. in the name - why he changed it from Dayton to Dalton is a question).

beachgal26

When I lived in FL, they were often located inside major malls which, of course, was before all the Barnes & Noble stores began to open on the outer fringers of the malls.  We had one in our Oak Court Mall until earlier this year.