Walgreens

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
walgreens in ashtabula oh

ashtabula oh

Marc82

The second Walgreen's in Bristol, Connecticut finally opened last week. It's located on the corner of Main Street and South Street. It has a drive-thru, but the store is not open 24/7. My digital camera is dead, so there's no chance of me posting a picture. (That along with the fact that I never go to downtown Bristol. I barely go anywhere besides work).

david121

I remember when the first Walgreens opened in my area...

I applied online for a job, and had to physically go to the store to finish the application - do some test on a computer, which I did, and then I was told there where no job openings at all.

Buncha BS...

frameguy2704

New Walgreens coming to Coventry RI. So now there will be a Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid all on the same road less that 3 minutes apart. I do have to say they are knocking down 2 unsightly bulidings to put the Walgreens in and 2 houses behind the property. I will post pics when completed.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by frameguy2704
New Walgreens coming to Coventry RI. So now there will be a Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid all on the same road less that 3 minutes apart. I do have to say they are knocking down 2 unsightly bulidings to put the Walgreens in and 2 houses behind the property. I will post pics when completed.

Thats stupid. Why? 3 Pharmacies so damn close. Are they all 24-hour too? :mad:
JN

frameguy2704

I don't know if the walgreens will be 24 hrs. CVS is 24 hrs, and Rite Aid is not 24 hrs, now they are buliding another CVS about 10 min from the other one in the same town, so I don't know if they are closing the main one or if they are trying to compete with Walmart, it is located right off Exit 7 on RT 95 South, we will have to wait and see.

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by mikey1972
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Most new Walgreens look like this.

http://www.1031commercialproperties.com/singletenantproperties.htm

That's what our new stores in Ogdensburg, Potsdam and Watertown NY will look like.:D

Here is a picture of the front of the Walgreens in Ogdensburg, NY.  Located at 723 Canton Street next to the Seaway Shopping Center, the store opened in January 2007.

FearlessSwan

The Medi-Mart chain was taken over by Walgreens in 1986. I know the former Medi in Darien, CT (right next to Stop & Shop) switched over to Walgreens.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3007/is_200309/ai_n7660110

frameguy2704

QuoteOriginally posted by frameguy2704
Here is the start of the construction of the new Walgreens in Coventry RI

frameguy2704

Marc82

Walgreen's is going to be demolishing its 22 year old Farmington Avenue Store in Bristol, CT at the end of the year and will be replacing it with a new store with a drive-thru that should be open by the end of 2009. In the mean time a trailer will be put on the property to serve prescription needs and over the counter medication.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20018381&BRD=1643&PAG=461&dept_id=665528&rfi=6

MikeRa

Here is a picture of a Walgreen's at Hunting Park Avenue, between Torresdale Avenue and Kensington Avenue, in Philadelphia, PA.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeRa

Here is a picture of a Walgreen's at South Broad Street and Snyder Avenue.  It is built on the site of a former Sears and a former RKO Stanley Warner's Broadway Theatre.  SEPTA's Broad Street Subway's entrance to Snyder Avenue Station is only a few feet from the front doors.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
Here is a picture of a Walgreen's at Hunting Park Avenue, between Torresdale Avenue and Kensington Avenue, in Philadelphia, PA.

About how old is this one? It looks just like the one in Brookhaven, the first one in my area.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa

About how old is this one? It looks just like the one in Brookhaven, the first one in my area.
This location is at least 10 years old.

Marc82

The new replacement Walgreens on Route 6 in Bristol opened in November 2009. I haven't been there yet. I try to avoid Route 6 as much as possible. It's just a horrible road to drive on. The owner of a nearby Liquor Store is fed up with them blaming them for the dramatic drop in sales between 2008 and 2009. The new pharmacy has a drive-thru and that took up some of the parking in the small strip mall where the liquor store is. And they closed the main access road to the plaza for quite a number of weeks.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The new replacement Walgreens on Route 6 in Bristol opened in November 2009. I haven't been there yet. I try to avoid Route 6 as much as possible. It's just a horrible road to drive on. The owner of a nearby Liquor Store is fed up with them blaming them for the dramatic drop in sales between 2008 and 2009. The new pharmacy has a drive-thru and that took up some of the parking in the small strip mall where the liquor store is. And they closed the main access road to the plaza for quite a number of weeks.  

What is this liquor store?

Marc82

Small little liquor store called Dale's Package Store.

Marc82

A 2nd Walgreens for Southington is rumored to be built on the site of the former Erika's Diner on the corner of  Queen Street (Connecticut Route 10) and Loper Street. The site isn't too far from a newly built Rite Aid that opened last fall. Another pharmacy is the last thing Route 10 needs. These are the pharmacies (including in-store pharmacies) along Route 10 in Plainville and Southington:

Plainville:

CVS - 14 Farmington Avenue on the Corner of Route 10. Shares the former Big Y Space with Blockbuster. (Big Y moved to New Britain Avenue in 93).

Walgreens - 5 Farmington Ave. Built on the site of the former Wayside (Later Pilgrim) Funiture store.

Rite Aid - 52 East Street

Southington:

CVS - 724 Queen Street (Southington Plaza) next to future Shoprite

Rite Aid - 500 Queen Street. Bulit on the site of the former Southington Cheverolet.

Price Chopper Supermarket - 410 Queen Street (in-store pharmacy). In the former KMART.

Walmart - 235 Queen Street (in-store pharmacy) In the former Caldor.

Stop & Shop Supermarket - 505 N. Main Street (in-store pharmacy)

Serafino Pharmacy - 36 N. Main Street (independent down-town pharmacy)

*Rite Aid - 167 Main Street

*CVS - 310 Main Street

*Walgreens - 359 Main Street

*These 3 are all in the same general area.

Including the in-store pharmacies of Price Chopper, Walmart, and Stop & Shop there's already 12 pharmacies along the 6 mile stretch of Route 10 from CVS in Plainville to Walgreens in downtown Southington.

retailisking

Downtown Boston is getting an emporium-style Walgreens similar to their big stores in Chicago and New York (the latter of course sporting the Duane Reade banner)
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2012/02/28/walgreens-plans-large-downtown-emporium/3fBF6qmKTG3knzD90u1HIJ/picture.html

ynkeesfn82

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Walgreen's new in-house brand "NICE". To me it's as cheesy of a name as Target's "Up & Up" brand and Target's "Pfresh" concept name.

The "NICE" brand of soda taste better than their previous "Walgreen's" brand of soda.

retailisking

Quote from: Marc B on April 25, 2012, 10:37:03 AM
I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Walgreen's new in-house brand "NICE". To me it's as cheesy of a name as Target's "Up & Up" brand and Target's "Pfresh" concept name.

The "NICE" brand of soda taste better than their previous "Walgreen's" brand of soda.

It's a silly name, but the packaging change was necessary to communicate the upgrade in quality and encourage sampling thereby improving private label penetration. Keep in mind that by and large retailers make more money on private label than national brand merchandise.

I've read that Target is de-emphasizing the PFresh label for its enhanced grocery remodels. That label was always narrowly intended to communicate the concept internally to the organization and to shareholders; the remodels were communicated to consumers as "now with fresh grocery." Somehow the corporate PFresh label entered the public consciousness through extensive coverage in the consumer press. Just goes to show you how important branding is.

Zayre88

Nice, Up&Up and Hannaford's MyEssentials are all cheesy.

MikeRa

It's OK, just like Up & Up, Delhaize America's "My Essentials", SuperValu's "Essential Everyday" and A&P's "America's Choice".  A&P was the ones who started with having 1 in-house name back in the 1990's.

ynkeesfn82

Walgreen's is seeking approval to build a store in the Unionville section of Farmington, CT.

http://farmington.patch.com/articles/walgreen-plan-gets-ok-to-develop-proposal

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on June 26, 2012, 05:30:29 PM
Walgreen's is seeking approval to build a store in the Unionville section of Farmington, CT.

http://farmington.patch.com/articles/walgreen-plan-gets-ok-to-develop-proposal

Another independent to be merged into Walgreen's...  >:(

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on July 09, 2012, 07:38:09 PM

The owners wanted to retire and Walgreen's made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on July 09, 2012, 09:37:39 PM
Quote from: JimSawhill on July 09, 2012, 07:38:09 PM

The owners wanted to retire and Walgreen's made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Ok...At least they wanted to quit. I do miss the small pharmacies thou!!

retailisking