Walgreens

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Here's the newly constructed Walgreens in Albany, on Central Ave at Route 155. It should be opening within the next month or so. As BillyGr points out below in correction to a previous mishap of where the second new loation was to be, the second Albany Walgreens is being built at the corner of Western Avenue(U.S. 20) and NY 155, about a mile away from this location. Albany has been without a Walgreens since the closure of the downtwon location in the 70's.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the newly constructed Walgreens in Albany, on Central Ave at Route 155. It should be opening within the next month or so. There's also a new location in Latham or Clifton Park being built. Albany has been without a Walgreens since the closure of the downtown location in the 70's.

There is a second location under construction, and you probably didn't realize how close to it you were.  If you had taken a left off Central (heading toward Schenectady) onto 155 and driven over to the corner of 155 & Western you'd have found this one (as seen below).  Obviously this is in an earlier stage of construction.  Should be interesting as CVS is on the opposite corner, Rite Aid is up a 1/2 block on Western and Eckerd (still in a plaza, not freestanding) is about 1/2 block the opposite way on Western!  Of course, if you're checking to see the best price it will be rather convenient.  

These were the 2 locations proposed when Walgreens first  announced moving into the area (which seems like it was a LOOOONG time ago).  I have heard of a proposal for a store on Hoosick St (Rt 7) just past the top of the hill in Troy (this is in the preliminary stages) - haven't heard of any others yet, but I'm guessing they don't plan to have just 3 stores in an area.

amesman

oh yeah, forgot about this one. I guess I got mixed up..hehe. I'll change my previous post..

Caldor1999

hears a sign for wallgreens in the shoppen center in new city ny its the only store in hear thats open this plazza is verey simaler to teh one in manchester ct
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the newly constructed Walgreens in Albany, on Central Ave at Route 155. It should be opening within the next month or so. As BillyGr points out below in correction to a previous mishap of where the second new loation was to be, the second Albany Walgreens is being built at the corner of Western Avenue(U.S. 20) and NY 155, about a mile away from this location. Albany has been without a Walgreens since the closure of the downtwon location in the 70's.
This Walgreens looks very similar to this one built last year in Webster, MA!  Here's a picture I took right after the construction, there's no equipment inside yet...

XISMZERO

Hey Caldor1999, that McDonald's makeshift printer paper sign is just hilarious!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

BillyGr

Here is a store in the East Brunswick NJ area - it is off Route 18 a couple miles toward South Brunswick.

P.S. - Both Albany (NY) stores are now open.

Marc82

Walgreen's opened in Southington, CT last year. They ripped down the old Police Station to build it. It's right at a fork in the road. Go right and you continue on Main Street (Route 10). Continue straight and you're on Old Turnpike Road. Continuing down Old Turpike Road you'll drive past WXCT Radio (The old WNTY sign is still on the building)  where I used to intern and even had my own show for a while. (Another story for another day). This Walgreens is across the street from a CVS and walking distance from an ancient looking Rite Aid.

In Bristol Walgreens in on Route 6 in a location that was years and years ago was Mott Shoprite.  (I think when Mott ShopRite was there dinosaurs and people co-existed). A new Walgreens with a drive-thru is supposed to be built in downtown at the intersection of Main and South. They razed the eyesore buildigns that were there - an abandoned night club (The Stadium Night Club - Once referred to on-air by DJ's of WNTY in their hip-hop days of having a dance floor the size of the top of a coffee table), a pawn shop which, relocated to a much larger location in Route 229 (Middle Street), and an abandoned Mexican Restaurant, which mysteriously burned down not long after they opened. Surprisingly there is not a CVS across the street.  It seems like lately most Walgreens have opened across the street from CVS's.

d_fife

walgreens in vernon ct in the norther past of town

d_fife

walgreens east hartford ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

east hartford

d_fife

walgreens in wethersfield on the same road as marshalls megastore.

d_fife

walgreens in simsbury Ct in the farmington valley mall

d_fife

d_fife

simsbury ct

d_fife

walgreens in bristol ct

d_fife

walgreens in southington ct in the center of town

d_fife

walgreens in waterbury CT on Reidville dr

d_fife

the one in waterbury ct in downtown

d_fife

walgreens in new city ny in the old bradlees plaza

d_fife

walgreens in new city ny in the old bradlees plaza

sign in new city ny, as of july 22, 2006.

d_fife

d_fife

walgreens middletown ct on the way to home depot

d_fife

walgreens meriden ct in the outskirts

d_fife

walgreens newington ct

d_fife

walgreens in west hartford ct

d_fife

mikey1972

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Most new Walgreens look like this.

http://www.1031commercialproperties.com/singletenantproperties.htm

That's what our new stores in Ogdensburg, Potsdam and Watertown NY will look like.:D

Dman_currier

I like Wal-Green's the stores are designed perfectly with the customer in mind. The stores are clean and the employees friendly.

I however do not like their photo prices but I have wal-mart for that!

d_fife

walgreens in ashtabula oh