AMESFANCLUB
January 23, 2018, 07:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
  Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ShopKo Bashing  (Read 2116 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
ShopKoFan
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 85
Offline Offline

Posts: 1574


Knows ShopKo too well.


WWW
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

Take out all your criticisms on ShopKo here.
Logged

GothicPrincess
Sr. Member
*****

Karma: 4
Offline Offline

Posts: 293


WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:49:42 AM »

We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?
Logged

Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!
ameskmart1
Ames-Elite!
********

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 626


WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?


ShopKo is a discount store like Wal-Mart, Target
Logged

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft
GothicPrincess
Sr. Member
*****

Karma: 4
Offline Offline

Posts: 293


WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:33:22 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by ameskmart1
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?


ShopKo is a discount store like Wal-Mart, Target


I guess since we have both Wal-Mart AND Target here, it would be just too much to have a Shop-Ko then...
Logged

Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!
ShopKoFan
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 85
Offline Offline

Posts: 1574


Knows ShopKo too well.


WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »

The problem with some older ShopKo stores built in the 1960s and 1970s, is that the floors could be dirty in some parts of the store, and sometimes you could find paint peeling off the wall near the emergency exits, otherwise, most locations built between the 1980s and now, are neat and tidy, clean floors and all.


I blame rough economic times for the closings of ShopKo in Colorado and Nevada. I just hope ShopKo opens up new stores soon. I think ShopKo IS a GREAT STORE. I have to bash them for not expanding eastward. When will ShopKo open up in New England?! WHEN?! I hope they expand there in the next 25-30 years, given that Kmart and Sears go under. I hope ShopKo CEO W. Paul Jones looks into it within the next five years, when the economy gets better. I hope they don't try and make the same mistake that Steve & Barry's did. Unlike what many of the naysayers say on here, there IS a NICHE to fill out there in the East Coast, it just won't happen overnight!

I'm glad ShopKo backed off of the proposed merger with Phar-Mor in 1997, that merge would've been the kiss of death for ShopKo, given that Phar-Mor had their own troubles to worry about!
Logged

ShopKoFan
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 85
Offline Offline

Posts: 1574


Knows ShopKo too well.


WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
Quote
Originally posted by ameskmart1
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?


ShopKo is a discount store like Wal-Mart, Target


I guess since we have both Wal-Mart AND Target here, it would be just too much to have a Shop-Ko then...

It would not be too much. I know for a fact, that they could be the 'Ames' or 'Caldor' of the future. Their stores are cleaner than Walmart or Target. Just think of the niches they can fill with their special sales. There's never a time when you can walk into ShopKo without seeing a sale on at least three or more items. I bought a DVD on sale for $11.00 at ShopKo once. Think of the positives before you go and bash a discount store you do not know about.
Logged

GothicPrincess
Sr. Member
*****

Karma: 4
Offline Offline

Posts: 293


WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by ShopKoFan
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
Quote
Originally posted by ameskmart1
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?


ShopKo is a discount store like Wal-Mart, Target


I guess since we have both Wal-Mart AND Target here, it would be just too much to have a Shop-Ko then...

It would not be too much. I know for a fact, that they could be the 'Ames' or 'Caldor' of the future. Their stores are cleaner than Walmart or Target. Just think of the niches they can fill with their special sales. There's never a time when you can walk into ShopKo without seeing a sale on at least three or more items. I bought a DVD on sale for $11.00 at ShopKo once. Think of the positives before you go and bash a discount store you do not know about.  

When did I bash? I asked a question. All I said was it might be too much to have all 3 in one area. Take a pill.
Logged

Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!
dmx10101
Hero Member
******

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 551



WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 09:07:10 AM »

Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
Quote
Originally posted by ShopKoFan
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
Quote
Originally posted by ameskmart1
Quote
Originally posted by GothicPrincess
We don't have one here, so it would be unfair and biased of me to express any opinion whatsoever. hehe......Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I'm still not sure what exactly ShopKo is.....is it big box? wholesale? Kohl's on crack?


ShopKo is a discount store like Wal-Mart, Target


I guess since we have both Wal-Mart AND Target here, it would be just too much to have a Shop-Ko then...

It would not be too much. I know for a fact, that they could be the 'Ames' or 'Caldor' of the future. Their stores are cleaner than Walmart or Target. Just think of the niches they can fill with their special sales. There's never a time when you can walk into ShopKo without seeing a sale on at least three or more items. I bought a DVD on sale for $11.00 at ShopKo once. Think of the positives before you go and bash a discount store you do not know about.  

When did I bash? I asked a question. All I said was it might be too much to have all 3 in one area. Take a pill.


This is the shopko bashing thread anyways! Not the shopko praise thread.
Logged

Kmart/Sears Forever
All things Kmart blog-
http://www.kmartworld.com
GothicPrincess
Sr. Member
*****

Karma: 4
Offline Offline

Posts: 293


WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 02:21:39 PM »

the reason i asked a question is because I don't know about them, and I get yelled at for something I DIDN'T do. How juvenile are we? seriously...I'm going back to Wal-mart bashing......
Logged

Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!
nims57
AmesNERD Offical
******

Karma: 1
Offline Offline

Posts: 453


« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »

Wal-Mart and Target have been really aggressive expanding lately. ShopKo should wait awhile to expand into new markets. They would be especially hurt by Target which is most like them.
Logged
ShopKoFan
Expert Member
*********

Karma: 85
Offline Offline

Posts: 1574


Knows ShopKo too well.


WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 05:58:39 PM »

Quote
Originally posted by nims57
Wal-Mart and Target have been really aggressive expanding lately. ShopKo should wait awhile to expand into new markets. They would be especially hurt by Target which is most like them.

True. I think ShopKo should wait until Kmart and Sears go under, before expanding east. ShopKo needs to build up their strength as a retailer, before expanding east. It took them many years to open locations as far away as Washington state, and it will take them just as many years to expand as far as Maine. It is a bit of a "wait and see" issue at the moment. Let's let the people who already know about ShopKo on here, including me, bash about the bad side of ShopKo on here, like for example: "The bathrooms at some of ShopKo's older locations are filthy!" or "This ShopKo store has too many people stealing from it!," which some locations have those problems.
Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal