Main Menu

Plattsburgh, NY

Started by gu4ever, October 17, 2009, 01:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gu4ever

I was traveling through northern NY this week and stopped in Plattsburgh, home to Ponderosa Steakhouse and a former Grand Union now a TJ Max. Along the road I spotted not one but two Ames street signs.
Here's a link to that shopping center.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=plattsburgh+ny&sll=37.020098,-95.712891&sspn=33.464656,62.226563&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Plattsburgh,+Clinton,+New+York&ll=44.698784,-73.482968&spn=0.007321,0.015192&t=h&z=16
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

The Ames store front in Plattsburgh, NY.

gu4ever

The Ames sign still completely in tact.

gu4ever

Luckily the interior lobby doors were open, so there was no reflection caught by my camera.

gu4ever

The ladys sportswear department. This store had a unique decor package as you will see in the photo's that I'm attaching.

gu4ever

This is an interior view from the side entrance on the far right side of the building.

gu4ever

A closer view of the former electronics "Sounds" department. You can also see the cosmetics sign now falling from the ceiling in the far background.

gu4ever

The health & beauty department sign, in the background you can also make out the automotive department sign.

gu4ever

One last look at the former exterior of the Ames store in Plattsburgh, NY.

C. Fontaine

Zayre88

Niiice !!  The interior reminds me of the one at the former Portland, Maine store.  Very similar decor and signs.

rockstar21

Ames had three different Stores in Plattsburgh, NY. This store was the biggest. Next door to this store, their was a P&C Grocery store. I only went in once and thought it was kinda out dated.  One of the Ames was torn down and a Target was built in it's place. The other Ames store was turned into a Family Dollar and a Auto Store. I went into the Family Dollar a few months ago and it still has the same flooring and and service desks. It was intersting.

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by rockstar21
Ames had three different Stores in Plattsburgh, NY. This store was the biggest. Next door to this store, their was a P&C Grocery store. I only went in once and thought it was kinda out dated.  One of the Ames was torn down and a Target was built in it's place. The other Ames store was turned into a Family Dollar and a Auto Store. I went into the Family Dollar a few months ago and it still has the same flooring and and service desks. It was intersting.  

Here's a link to the P&C page. On 10/15/2009 the link was updated with photo's from the Plattsburgh P&C store.

http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2515&page=3