Albertsons bashing

Started by Mervyns, March 03, 2009, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyns

I decided it was time for some Albertsons bashing.

First of all, Albertsons has no unique store designs. Their stores have always been ugly generic boxes, or run-down recycled buildings.

Albertsons has closed a lot of their newer and nicer stores, and they often just sit abandoned or become divided into offices.

Albertsons stores are often in ghetto shopping centers. They locate their stores, even their best stores, in shopping centers with check cashing shops, etc.

Their stores are disgusting. Many of their stores smell disgusting. They have been cited for selling expired products, often for cheap.

Safeway is also like this. They do have more interesting stores. They never sold their company to an investment group either.

videogamer75

I dislike Albertson's because they closed down so many Acmes, and mostly the cool classic ones too.

Caldor1999

never heard of them but im guessing there a super market that we dont have around here
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

kendra

I've never been to a proper Albertsons location, but I was less than impressed with them when they purchased Shaws. They didn't seem like a very good company to me.

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
never heard of them but im guessing there a super market that we dont have around here  

You never heard of Albertsons Inc? They own Acme and Shaws, to name a few.

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns

You never heard of Albertsons Inc? They own Acme and Shaw's, to name a few.

Well, to be fair, even though they purchased those banners, had I not been employed by Shaw's I would still have no idea who Albertsons was. I'm just saying, it's not completely unrealistic that Caldor1999 has never heard of Albertsons, especially since if memory serves, he is from New York State, which is Albertsons-and-subsidiary free.

And technically, they don't own Acme and Shaw's any longer...Supervalu Inc. does.

MikeRa

Quote from: kendra on March 03, 2009, 10:50:58 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns

You never heard of Albertsons Inc? They own Acme and Shaw's, to name a few.

Well, to be fair, even though they purchased those banners, had I not been employed by Shaw's I would still have no idea who Albertsons was. I'm just saying, it's not completely unrealistic that Caldor1999 has never heard of Albertsons, especially since if memory serves, he is from New York State, which is Albertsons-and-subsidiary free.

And technically, they don't own Acme and Shaw's any longer...Supervalu Inc. does.
Cerebus is the owner of Albertsons, and since last year, Acme Sav-on, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's Osco, and Star Osco, when SuperValu sold them to Cerebus' Albertsons LLC division
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"