Rite Aid bashing

Started by nims57, October 16, 2009, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nims57

Rite Aid is the Kmart of drugstores. Lots of their stores are old and ancient, in crappy locations from the start. All their stores look different, including the logo.

Plus their acquisition of Eckerd and Brooks was a disaster!

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
Rite Aid is the Kmart of drugstores. Lots of their stores are old and ancient, in crappy locations from the start. All their stores look different, including the logo.

Plus their acquisition of Eckerd and Brooks was a disaster!

I can agree. This Rite Aid (a former Payless Drug, which was a former division of Kmart) in La Grande, Oregon still uses the Payless interior and has a very large section divided off by shelves but you can clearly still see the signs for the empty sections (which were an apparel and hardware section) All but two Rite Aids here in Boise, Idaho were all Payless store and all but maybe 2 or 3 still use the Payless interior and the buildings have very clear Payless labelscars
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

This link (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=rite+aid&w=94896382%40N00&ss=2&page=2) has a bunch of photos of poorly looking Rite Aids in the southwest
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

zonemad96

Does their exist a new or recent remodel or built rite aid? I have honestly never seen one, every right aid i have ever been to is rundown falling apart and just old. I have to admit i love right aid their prices are cheap and they have stuff you cant find at walmart like a decent selection of lighters and other tobacco related products and a great dollar section.

ynkeesfn82

There's a relatively new Rite Aid in Southington, Connecticut. It's directly opposite the I-84 Exit 32 off ramp. It opened in October 2009. It's really nice. It's in-between 2 run down locations - one in downtown Southington and one in Plainville, which is a former independent pharmacy.

zonemad96

My local rite aid is rundown and dirty all of the employees are over the age of 50 and will get pissed at you if you have a question or need help. I love the store because personally I just get my crap and leave but lots of times people will come asking about the sale prices or something and it seems all of them get pissed. A lot of times I've seen them talk about customers behind their back which isn't the kindest but I still like that place for some reason.

Bdubs

There is a beautiful newer Rite Aid in Middletown. Thats one of the few that was built a Rite Aid around here. Most of the locations were Brooks Pharmacies which were all remodelled right before the takeover.