Rite Aid

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i have one in my town that opend in a fromer Basken Robbens
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

I kinda like Rite-Aid..but I hate their logo:roll:

amesman

All the Buffalo stores have the red lettered logo. That one was around in the early 90's. The Albany stores have the logo that came after that. The one I'm talking about has white capital letters on a blue facade.

amesman

All the Buffalo stores have the red lettered logo. That one was around in the early 90's. The Albany stores have the logo that came after that. The one I'm talking about has white capital letters on a blue facade.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

My Torrington one has the red letters on the building and the red and blue shield with "Rite" on top in the blue part and "Aid" in the red part on the bottom

if confused refer to logo at bottom

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

you mean this?

Zayre88

Rite Aid entered Maine in 1992 by purchasing 34 of 41 Wellby Super Drug Stores from Hannaford Bros.  In 1994, they acquired LaVerdiere's, the state's largest drug store chain.

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman

you mean this?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean :)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67

what don't you like about this logo?

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67

what don't you like about this logo?

He is talking about this logo, I think. This logo is on all of the Buffalo stores(I think), but, the stores have the style of the one pictured above.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

oh I see heres that pic again sorry I can't see it on Firefox

so I had to go to internet Explorer to see it AND I FOUND THE SAME IMAGE IN GOOGLE!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

heres a pic of RITE AID BEFORE BECOMING RITE AID!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

heres an old Rite Aid WITH A COOLER SHIELD LOGO!!

got this and previous pic  right off their website

df559

I liked Thrifty a lot better than Rite Aid! In this area they closed down almost all the old Payless and Thrifty stores and built new, smaller locations nearby. Payless had really large stores, called "Payless Super Drug", which had large electronics, cosemtic, linen, toy, and clothing/shoe departments. When  Rite Aid took over they did away with the clothing, shoes, linens and cut back the cosmetic selection, resulting in literally half the store being empty. They closed those stores within 3 years, one became a Liquor Barn, and another became a Vons grocery store, and the rest are empty. The Thrifty locations were smaller than the Payless, and most of them are Dollar Trees or Factory-2-U stores. At least Rite Aid did not screw with Thrifty ice cream!

storehistoryguy

heres an old Rite Aid WITH A COOLER SHIELD LOGO!!

got this and previous pic  right off their website

Nice Rite Aid! :yup: I remember one that looked like that in Philadelphia back in the 70's, but it closed years ago and the building was knocked down around the mid 90's for another Temple University parking lot.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Here is a picture of a modern Rite Aid store in California. It is interesting because the store has its own garden center :o Rite Aid entered California and other West Coast states in 1998 with the purchase of the Thrifty Payless drugstore chain.  It is strange that Rite Aid has stores so far away from the rest of the chain. (See the map@ http://www.riteaid.com/weekly_ad/)

A garden center? That looks strange. Why don't they just put in a automotive section then? :insane:

Caldor1999

how long have they been around for?????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
how long have they been around for?????

At least the 1920s.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Heres a bird's eye view of one.

store215

Storehistoryguy, the old Drug Emporium is going to become a Rite Aid, Starbucks and (yet another) bank. This is according to the people that work in that little side shopping center anyway.

storehistoryguy

Storehistoryguy, the old Drug Emporium is going to become a Rite Aid, Starbucks and (yet another) bank. This is according to the people that work in that little side shopping center anyway.

I have nothing against those three places so good. Is it all going to be in one building like a small shopping center? Also what bank and is the Rite Aid in Rosemore Shopping Center moving there?

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

I have nothing against those three places so good. Is it all going to be in one building like a small shopping center? Also what bank and is the Rite Aid in Rosemore Shopping Center moving there?

I'm assuming it is going to be in a very small shopping center (I didn't think there would be enough room for all those stores). And I hope the Rite Aid has a drive thru and is open 24 hours like the Walgreens is...I won't have to drive down there anymore.

The Rosemore Rite Aid wouldn't be the one that closes (Honestly, I'm suprised that old store is even still open with Walgreens right down the road), it would be the store in Warminster Plaza (next to Petco) that would close (also an old store that I am suprised is still open)

I don't know what bank, and I can't even guess what it may be. (There is already a PNC Bank, a Commerce Bank, 3 Wachovia's, A Citizens Bank (in the Giant), and a Bank of America, not to mention the 3 or so local banks.)

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

I don't know what bank, and I can't even guess what it may be. (There is already a PNC Bank, a Commerce Bank, 3 Wachovia's, A Citizens Bank (in the Giant), and a Bank of America, not to mention the 3 or so local banks.)

Theres the PNC, Commerce, Wachovia, two Citizens, First National, Hatboro Savings and Sovern in that area. Maybe this will be a Harleysville or maybe a Willow Grove.

dayville81

Rite Aid used to have a small store in the Big Y plaza in Mansfield back in the late 90's. They competed with the small CVS store in East Brook Mall almost walking distance away. They then moved into a brand new Rite Aid with the blue logo in nearby Willimantic. The drug store was nice and big and had a drive-through. Walgreens was across the street and CVS down the street. After this, CVS built a fairly big new building and moved out of a small shopping center into their own building also with a drive-through. Rite-Aid closed several locations in CT including Willimantic. The old Rite-Aid is now a Dollar Tree. They walled off the back section and of course put paper over the windows and shut down the drive-through. Later, Walgreens built a new building and moved into that in 2004.

storehistoryguy

I've know alot of Rite Aids but there was this one in Lancaster, Pa. that was great! It was from the early 70s and was never remodeled. It even had the original sign out front. Sadly it closed in 2000.

d_fife

one of these buildings down the road is rite aid this is in waterville maine.

d_fife

this Rite aid is in winslow maine.

d_fife

this rite aid in portland on brighton ave.