Rite Aid

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

rite aid is on congress st.

d_fife

this rite aid is on congress st near the waterfront in portland maine.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this rite aid is on congress st near the waterfront in portland maine.

this is the rite aid sign for the rite aid on congress st near the waterfront in portland.

d_fife

this rite aid is in south portland maine on rt. 1

d_fife

this rite aid is in south portland maine on rt. 1

this is the rite aid in south portland maine on rt. 1. this is identical to the one in westbrook maine in downtown.

store215

d_fife, I don't mean to be rude, but many of your pictures are awful and you really can't see anything in them. Could you please not post them because they only slow down the board.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
d_fife, I don't mean to be rude, but many of your pictures are awful and you really can't see anything in them. Could you please not post them because they only slow down the board.

i'm sorry, during some of those times I was in a rush when I took them. I do not mean for them to be awful. please do not say that.

back to rite aid discussion

Did you know that in 1994 Rite aid bought out laverdiere's in 1994 and that chain was in new hampshire and maine and most of the old laverdiere's got relocated to bigger Rite Aid stores. berlin had both. I have a rite aid in my town last than a mile from my house!

rite aid sold ones in laconia and manchester to osco drug which became brooks.

this is the one in gardiner maine. it is  behind hannaford the building east of GUlf.

BillyGr

This is an older Rite Aid in a strip plaza in Schodack (surrounded by a vacant Grand Union to the right and a former Aubachon Hardware, later Hallmark to the left).

The sign is similar to others in the plaza (most are blue & white of some sort) which is why it doesn't look like other RIte Aid signs.

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Store Closing

where is this one?

The rite aid in merideth nh closed last june for some reason.

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1
Store Closing

where is this one?

The rite aid in merideth nh closed last june for some reason.

It's located in Middletown, Ohio
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

BillyGr

A couple of the newer stores (I could have just used the same photo twice).

The second one is a bit fuzzy.

d_fife

store215

Here's a picture of a Rite Aid that looks like it was orginally a CVS or it was supposed to be a CVS.

Compare:

d_fife

Here's a picture of a Rite Aid that looks like it was orginally a CVS or it was supposed to be a CVS.

Compare:

it probably was a CVS. but why would Cvs close a perfectly good store!

Rite aid haed moved ot of shopping centers to freestanding stores.

BillyGr

Or, in Colonie you have a GoodAid (or is that a RiteWill) ;)?  A Rite Aid was under construction at the corner of Fuller Road & Central Avenue when the company had one of their "cash problems" and they decided not to finish it.  It sat for a year or so then ws (fianlly) opened as a Goodwill.  Looks just like any of the Blue style Rite Aids posted, with the diamond windows.

XISMZERO

There's a very old Rite Aid location in Plainville, Connecticut. It was an independent store called "Appell's" back before Rite Aid took over the building in the early 90's. Any Connecticut natives lucky enough to remember it knows that the building is completely unchanged -- looking just as 60s/70s as it did when it was first built. Of course, most of Plainville still sports that 1970's working class, medium-income look.

The inside of the building is still very outdated but the stuff Appell's once sold is no more -- and they used to sell some cool and unique stuff independent stores are well known for.

I'll get a picture of it as I'm either walking around there or eating at the nearby Subway a few times a week. It's a groovy building!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

df559

I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to contribute to the board. If you must criticize, at least offer constrictive criticsizm. I think the pictures could be improved if the car window was rolled down, eliminating the reflection. Also, in some cases using the setting without the flash will get you a better picture. If something is that far away the flash really won't make much difference anyway.

BillyGr

All right:
The 1st & 2nd photos are the Rite Aid in Pughkeepsie (downtown) - this building used to be a Grand Union and is now split (as you see in the 2nd shot, part of it is a furniture store also).  I'd guess that the tower might have been added when the store was split (doesn't seem like a Grand Union item).
The 3rd shot is the (former) Rite Aid in Poughkeepsie - right across the street from the current one - this is a familiar Rite Aid design - it is now a latin supermarket (so [part of] the supermarket became Rite Aid and the Rite Aid became a supermarket!).
The 4th shot is the Rite Aid in Schaghticoke, NY (Rensselaer County - home of the county fair).  It is in a plaza with a former Grand Union  and several smaller stores.  This also looks like a place where the GU may have been smaller at one time and built new next door, with the RA filling the smaller space (not sure, but it seems like a good possibility).
The 5th shot is the store in West Sand Lake, NY - in a building (or small plaza) with Key Bank and Millers (Shop n Save).
Last photo is the Bennington, VT location - in the plaza with Hannaford and a couple small stores - it moved here from across the road next to the old Price CHopper & Ames (now Home Depot).

BillyGr

The first shot is the Kingston store (corner of Route 9W & 32).  The 2nd is on Western Avenue in Guilderland (just below 155).  Other than a slight difference in the signs, they could be two different angles of the same building.

The 3rd is the "almost" Rite Aid at Central & Fuller in Colonie - they had it built and were about ready to start finishing the inside when the company hit one of their "money troubles" - so they cancelled it and it sat unfinished for a year or more before Goodwill decided to move in.  This may be one of (very few) stores where Goodwill can say they are the 1st tenant!

4th is a store on Central Ave in Albany (just above the intersection with Clinton) - a newly built store on the site of a former First American bank and a house or two.

Last is the Hoosick Falls store - this is an older store, and as you can see the building sits right on the sidewalk.  They also have a back door (with a fairly narrow, sloping hallway) that leads to a parking area.  No drive thru.

d_fife

here is the rite aid in wilmington vermont

BillyGr

This is the Oneonta store, located on Route 7/23 in what is called the "West End".

Nothing particularly special about this one.

d_fife

here is the rite aid in bennington vermont. Notice that iit is still in a plaza with different rite aid lettering and I wonder if it will relocate like most haved.

powersbt

Where?? It was hard enough trying to find the Hannaford in the other thread.

here is the rite aid in bennington vermont. Notice that iit is still in a plaza with different rite aid lettering and I wonder if it will relocate like most haved.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Where?? It was hard enough trying to find the Hannaford in the other thread.

It's the red lettering just to the right of the light pole in the photo.

An update - this store is going out of business (as of 4/17) - I might have guessed as they had relocated pharmacy customers a bit before that to the CVS in town - it appears to be just a closing, as no other info was listed about a relocation.

XISMZERO

Here's a former Appell's Drug Store in Downtown Plainville, Connecticut. This was converted into a Rite-Aid Pharmacy in the early 90's but amazingly still operates out of the original building I remember as a kid and probably before that sometime in the late 60's early 70's.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

rite aid in carmel ny

beachgal26

I wish that we no longer had Rite Aids in this area at all.  I find them to be extremely over-priced and the employees do not seem to be friendly or willing to help you find anything.  Sure wish that we could get CVS in the Memphis area as I have had great experiences while visiting in MD.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Caldor1999

rite aid in carmel ny

hey i dident know u went there also did u get any pics of teh ames??
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
I wish that we no longer had Rite Aids in this area at all.  I find them to be extremely over-priced and the employees do not seem to be friendly or willing to help you find anything.  Sure wish that we could get CVS in the Memphis area as I have had great experiences while visiting in MD.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

If you think Rite Aid is overpriced, just wait until you see CVS' prices, plus the dumb tracking card you have to use :insane: