Old Navy plans to open 800 new stores

Started by Brammy, September 13, 2019, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brammy

The Real Brammy

mixedday

It is good to hear of a chain with plans of adding locations.

As it mentions that plans for Old Navy opening more stores will have it targeting smaller areas that don’t currently have much in the way of clothing retailers, does that mean, it will it seek those rural towns that have a Family Dollar or Dollar General, but not even a Walmart or Target?

Or higher traffic areas that don't necessarily have a mall or shopping area hub, but have a Walmart or Target nearby?

There is some infill I can think where it can compete in the latter type. For example, in South Jersey, off the Route 130 corridor - Cinnaminson/Delran area, there are stores like Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, Burlington, Ross, Home Depot and Lowes, and relative recent addition is Edge Fitness. But no traditional mall, no Kohl's, no Best Buy, no Dick's, not even Marshall's/TJMaxx or even a movie theater to make it a full hub of stores, like Cherry Hill, Deptford, Marlton or Moorestown/Mt Laurel.

I'd expect a TJX store before Old Navy, but maybe Old Navy would consider such a corridor, increasing its presence beyond those big shopping area hubs.

TRU7536

I can see them trying to open one on the Berlin Turnpike, since other than Walmart and Target, Bob's is the only clothing retail on the pike.