HomeTown & Old Country Buffet

Started by d_fife, January 11, 2006, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here is the hometown buffet in milford connecticut. the one in peabody mass got torn down last year.

from http://milfordct.newenglandsite.com/olivegarden.htm

storehistoryguy

They took over the Old Country Buffet in Abington Pa. in the former Antek Mall.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

They are both part of the same company (along with Country Buffet [that's without the Old in front]) - if you go to http://www.oldcountrybuffet.com it shows all 3 logos and the parent company name, Buffets, Inc.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Are you refering to that chinese buffet that is on the side of the Target? That is just an independent thing not related to "Buffet's Inc."

BillyGr

The first location is in the Crosstown Plaza in Schenectady on Route 7.  It is a freestanding building built as an OCB at the front end of the plaza (near Watt St and the former Price Chopper).

The 2nd is the Latham Circle Mall location - built into the mall and was another restaurant prior to this.

AmesNewington

Hometown Buffet is the best. I love the food and you can get as much as you want. I've had dinner and breakfast there.

BillyGr

This is the Pittsfield (MA) location in the plaza with Price Chopper & WalMart off Route 8.

Nothing special about it - was build new for them and looks like other freestanding ones.

Marc82

I like them. Haven't been there in years  though. I only been to the one in West Hartford. I was supposed to go to the one in Waterbury about a month ago with a friend, but you know crap happens and things change. Stupid karma.

d_fife

the one in manchester CT

d_fife

home town wethersfield ct

d_fife

hometown west hartford ct in the shaw's plaza. i was there at quarter of 7 am that day (july 21 and I wanted to get a headstart taht day incase of delays that put the schedule behind).

d_fife

hometown in waterbury ct in the brass mill common

d_fife

the oen in latham ny in the mall

JimSawhill

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
hometown west hartford ct in the shaw's plaza. i was there at quarter of 7 am that day (july 21 and I wanted to get a headstart taht day incase of delays that put the schedule behind).

When I lived in the Hartford area -- I belonged to a sports club that met at the Hartford's YWCA and after -- we  ate there. Great food and great friends!!

JimS

Zayre88

Old Country Buffet at the Maine Mall:

Ameskid

Old Country Buffet isn't gone?! Yippee!:bounce::bounce::dizzy:The one here closed a few years ago. I loved that place, though!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Marc82

Didn't see this anywhere on the board. The parent company of Hometown Buffet/Old Country Buffet filed for chapter 11 back in January.

http://www.buffet.com/restructuring.htm

dmx10101

They also own Ryan's and they recently closed a couple of the Ryan's here because they were "under performing locations" even though when I went to the one it was always busy.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

store215

They closed an Old Country Buffet location near me last month...Thank God..place was dirty, served very bad "cafeteria quality" food, and smelled like fat people (No offense to anyone who is overweight, but the whole place just smelled very unclean)

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
They closed an Old Country Buffet location near me last month...Thank God..place was dirty, served very bad "cafeteria quality" food, and smelled like fat people (No offense to anyone who is overweight, but the whole place just smelled very unclean)

haha.
JN

silverrose43

If this place goes out i won't miss it. I haven't eaten there in years, their food always tasted cheap and like it had been left out for hours. Plus all you can eat buffets are a bad bad idea in a country that has a massive weight problem as it is.

GothicPrincess

I was at Old Country Buffet a week ago, the food was put out fresh every hour or so, or when it got low, someone was monitoring all the tables and would say what they need more of and shout to the kitchen. The bus people were incredibly nice, considering they were running around like mad clearing dishes and bringing out new glasses for the soda machine. The price was fair enough, and there's always coupons in the paper for that place, buy adult dinner get 2 kids free, things like that. And I have 2 kids...lol Nutshell, I enjoyed it and plan on going again really soon.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

NJxxJon

....Just today a drove by our old country buffet in FREEHOLD NJ. All gone. Label Scar and all...... :( and that sucks cause I wanted me and my friends to go there sometime this summer.....
JN

Great Eastern

NJxx,

There is still one on Bay Avenue in Toms River, NJ you can take your friends too this summer.  Only 15 miles from the old one in Freehold.  It is in the Seacourt Pavilion acroos from the Ocean County Mall.

M&M

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Great Eastern
NJxx,

There is still one on Bay Avenue in Toms River, NJ you can take your friends too this summer.  Only 15 miles from the old one in Freehold.  It is in the Seacourt Pavilion acroos from the Ocean County Mall.

M&M

Ill be calling before I go. Thats 17 from my house...... :boring:
JN

TwoGuysJerseyGirl

It was bad enough when they closed the OCBs closest to me in Freehold and Old Bridge - we were forced to waste gas and drive to either Toms River or Edison. Looks like Toms River is now gone - it was on their web site under NJ locations yesterday, and it's gone today. Damn!! I loved those buffet meals - not exactly gourmet fare, but it was comfort food and I liked the atmosphere.

videogamer75

The one near Mays Landing, NJ, is still there. I haven't ate there in years though. I guess I should while I can!

store215

The location near me in the Philly 'burbs opened in 2000, and closed a few months ago. I'm not too sad..while the food was edible, it was a pretty disgusting atmosphere and smelled badly (eg. unwashed overweight people)

The Adamantium Elbow

I think the big problem with Old Country Buffet is it has an image of being a place for old people. I really think they seriously need to do some marketing and give their image an overhaul.

Marc82

My family and I ate lunch at The Hometown Buffet at The Brass Mill Commons in Waterbury, CT yesterday. The food was very good. It was about $25 for 3 people - me, my mom, and my dad. Service was a little slow though. We probably had six plates stacked up before they took them away. We hadn't eaten at Hometown Buffet in several years. The last time we ate there we ate at the one in West Hartford.