CVS

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

d_fife

here is cvs in new bedford mass in fieldstoen marketplace

from http://www.cedarshoppingcenters.com/Fieldstone.htm

BillyGr

The first one is the Hudson (Greenport) store - newly built about a yr, yr and 1/2 ago (if you look at the upper left corner you can see a bit of the Peebles/former Ames).

The 2nd one is the Ravena location - this store was an old Brooks that was sold to Revco then to CVS - but it was further down in the plaza (this is the same plaza with the GU/Shop 'n Save).  This building is slightly separated from the rest of the plaza and sure looks like an old grocery store (maybe the original Grand Union??).

BillyGr

The first shot is the CVS on Delaware in Albany - this is an older store, though I don't know that it was ever anything else.

The second is the store on Delaware Ave in Delmar - about 1/2 mile down from the Delaware Plaza - this is also a smaller store, and they are currently building a newer one on the opposite corner (site of the former Boston Market).

The third is IN the Delaware plaza - this was a Brooks (later Revco) which CVS bought out - i don't believe they ever opersated it as a CVS, though, due to it close proximity to store #2.  Why, I don't know as it is the same size or larger and certainly has better access/parking (#2 is RIGHT on the corner and can only be accessed from driveways on the two roads only 2-5 carlengths from the corner (you can't drive through to the building seen behind it on the left in shot #2).

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr

The 2nd one is the Ravena location - this store was an old Brooks that was sold to Revco then to CVS - but it was further down in the plaza (this is the same plaza with the GU/Shop 'n Save).  This building is slightly separated from the rest of the plaza and sure looks like an old grocery store (maybe the original Grand Union??).

That is a former A&P for sure

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The first shot is the CVS on Delaware in Albany - this is an older store, though I don't know that it was ever anything else.

The second is the store on Delaware Ave in Delmar - about 1/2 mile down from the Delaware Plaza - this is also a smaller store, and they are currently building a newer one on the opposite corner (site of the former Boston Market).

The third is IN the Delaware plaza - this was a Brooks (later Revco) which CVS bought out - i don't believe they ever opersated it as a CVS, though, due to it close proximity to store #2.  Why, I don't know as it is the same size or larger and certainly has better access/parking (#2 is RIGHT on the corner and can only be accessed from driveways on the two roads only 2-5 carlengths from the corner (you can't drive through to the building seen behind it on the left in shot #2).

this is the old CVS lettering. did you know that CVS has moved out of a lot of shopping centers and become mainly freestanding CVS', alot of pharmacies have doen this.

store215

Funny thing is, CVS didn't really start out as a "pharmacy". I have old CVS ads somewhere from the very early 80's (81 or 82) and they were more like a mini-Woolworth's like anything else. If I remember correctly, the ad said, "these stores now featuring a Pharmacy counter..." with a list of locations underneath.

BillyGr

The first two shots are the stores in Pleasant Valley and Poughkeepsie (both on Route 44).  They are both newer stores and very similar.  The first one moved from a plaza store next to the A&P, the 2nd may be completely new.

The 3rd & 4th shots are the stores in Hyde Park (3rd) and Red Hook (4th).  Hyde park is in a plaza and looks like an old A&P (however, the opposite end looks exactly the same but a bit larger, so this may not have been the grocery store but rather decorated to match).  
The Red Hook WAS an A&P (have been to that one when it still was, so I know this one).  Not a huge one, but the only other store in town (at the time) was an IGA, so they didn't need to be.  Closed mid-late 80's as A&P.

5th shot is a new CVS being built next to Latham Circle (assumably to replace the store in the mall).

6th is the store in Glenmont (in the plaza with the former Ames & GU).  

Last is a store in North Troy.  This one was a Revco and stayed open a while as CVS, but has since closed (it was on the far right).  It was a Midland Foods for a while, until they disappeared rather suddenly and is now empty.  I would think this was also a grocery originally (the entire right end with the roof farther forward) - not sure what, though (there is a Price Chopper a few blocks away, so it could have been that, or one of the now-gone chains in the area.

XISMZERO

I recently worked at CVS for a year (November 2004 until December 2005). I worked in the CVS in Unionville, Connecticut which is located in the crappiest most dilapidated plaza you've ever seen in a more posh area like Farmington/Unionville. Our store is old school complete with "brillo pad" carpeting, aisle signage, and all (this CVS still has mirrors all around the ceilings of the store).

While I was working there, we finally got a new photo counter which was nice but the store was very compact and old-looking. I was told the store was built in the early 80's and that we were seeking a relocation for a long time.

I soon found out the company wasn't going to give us our renovations or a stand-alone store, especially since they were building a giant, new one down in the neighboring town Burlington (as we speak now, it's done). Those who've ever worked for CVS knows the company does not like to operate in strip malls anymore. After they acquired southern pharmacy chain, Eckerd, they starting booming with a modern new renovation plan most of the stores are adhering to today.

Anyway, I decided to leave because of the lousy pay. I worked there for a year and did plenty of favors for them and they wouldn't give me a raise. Did I forget to mention we had morons running the store for over half a year?
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

BillyGr

(Sing that - it sounds like a commercial).

1st shot is the Saugerties store on Route 32/212 - a newer free standing one that moved from a location in the plaza (I believe).

2nd shot is the Albany store on Madison Avenue - this is an older store which they wanted to replace by demolishing the Madison theater next door - but that didn't go over well with the community.

3rd shot is the store on Western Ave in Albany.  It is just below UAlbany and is free standing, but older (no drive thru) and has a small parking area.

4th is the Stuyvesant Plaza store (corner of Western & Fuller) - this store was a Revco (and Brooks prior to that) that became CVS when they bought the Revco chain.

5th is the store at the corner of Western & 155 - this building used to be a catalog showroom (Boardman's) and was empty for a while when CVS opened.  One of the new Walgreens being built is on the opposite corner (and a RiteAid and Eckerd are within a block radius).

6th is the new store on Wolf Road - this was built a year or two ago and (partially) replaced the Colonie Center location (they kept the store there but closed the pharmacy).

7th is the store on Central Ave in Albany - in the Hannford plaza - smaller older plaza store.

8th is the store in Lenox (MA) on Route 7/20 - next to the (Former) Ames and Price Chopper - another older store.

9th is the (New) Pittsfield (MA) store - built a year or so ago and on the site that had been proposed for a stadium for the minor league team in the area.  Replaced an older store on the main street.

Last is the store in North Adams (MA) - in the plaza with Big Y.  Again, an older store.

BillyGr

This is a smallish CVS store in Margaretville (NY) on Route 28 between Kingston and Oneonta.  It is attached to the A&P (those are A&P carts you see).

BillyGr

This is an unusual looking CVS in Scotia, NY on Route 5.

It was built as a Revco (one of very few, if any others at all, in this area they built new) not too long before they were bought out by CVS.

XISMZERO

Here's a CVS in the Steelebrook Plaza right outside downtown Waterbury on Rt. 73. This appears to be a very old, rare, phasing-out strip mall version of the store.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

This looks like a red version of the one I used to work at in Unionville, Connecticut. This is one of the few strip mall stores as CVS has been building and renovating like crazy.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The inside of the store was somewhat distressed with some missing ceiling tiles and plenty of leaky roofs.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

This CVS conforms to their renovated store look but only masks the oldness of the store's shell.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
This CVS conforms to their renovated store look but only masks the oldness of the store's shell.

I agree with you about the insides. this is old school isles.. maybe they just ment the outside.

d_fife

building that looks like the original CVs in glastonbury / east hartford ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
building that looks like the original CVs in glastonbury / east hartford ct

cvs in glastonbury ct / east hartford

d_fife

cvs in glastonbury ct

d_fife

cvs in west hartford ct on rt. 44

d_fife

CVS in unionville ct