Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

cvs in auburn me

d_fife

d_fife

the one in the latham ny latham circle mall

amesman

The CVS in Latham Circle Mall is now closed. It moved to a new location down the street.

amesman

Here is the now under construction CVS store in Kingston on the site of the former Costello Motor Court. CVS is moving from their current location in Kings Mall to this one. Also, besides the CVS, a new Dunkin Donuts(Which is now open), Taco Bell, and a Hampton Inn will occupy the site. CVS also operates a non pharmacy store inside the Hudson Valley Mall.

Zayre88

A new CVS pharmacy in Waterville, ME.

XISMZERO

CVS at EMERALD SQUARE / MALL; NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA.

CVS is shutting down many of their mall stores because of their lack of pharmacy and the company's ambition to have larger off-site stores that have been popping up everywhere (like Walgreens).

This one had no evidence of impending closure...
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

CVS at WESTFIELD MERIDEN / MALL (formerly MERIDEN SQUARE); MERIDEN, CONN.

Store is now closed/on January 6. Picture taken on January 4, 2008.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

CVS in UNIONVILLE (village of FARMINGTON), CT.

I worked here from November 2004-December 2005. This store is one of the most neglected stores around which is falling apart, leaking inside. The plaza itself is also a dump, but is undergoing renovations -- none of which will seek to improve this portion of it.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

CVS in WATERBURY-OAKVILLE, CT line.

It's another neglected old store. This was taken in July 2006.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

dmx10101

CVS Caremark to Purchase Longs Drug for $2.7 Billion (Update2)

By Lauren Coleman-Lochner

Aug. 12 (Bloomberg) -- CVS Caremark Corp., the second- biggest U.S. drugstore chain, said it would buy Longs Drug Stores Corp. for $2.7 billion to expand its reach in the western U.S.

Longs Drug investors will receive $71.50 a share, the companies said today in a statement. That's 32 percent more than Longs Drug closed at in New York trading before the announcement.

CVS Chief Financial Officer David Rickard said in a 2006 interview that the drugstore chain wanted to expand its presence on the West Coast and was open to doing so through acquisitions. Longs Drug has 521 locations in California, Hawaii, Nevada and Arizona.

William Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management LP said last week that it took an 8.8 percent stake in Longs Drug.

CVS, based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, fell 49 cents, or 1.3 percent, to $38.05 at 4:15 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading before the announcement. The shares have declined 4.3 percent this year. Longs Drug, based in Walnut Creek, California, dropped $1.07, or 1.9 percent, to $54.04.

Longs ``has been going through a lot of improvement over the past few years,'' CVS's Rickard said today in a phone interview. Longs centralized systems and decision-making, and now ``better fits our way of doing business,'' he said.

CVS doesn't expect to have to close any stores for antitrust reasons, Rickard said. It will expand health and beauty merchandise in the Longs stores, he said.

The deal includes about $200 million in debt, he said.

Bridge Loan

CVS was advised by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Deutsche AG. The firms also provided a $1.5 billion bridge loan commitment. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. advised Longs.

``It's a bit surprising, but I think you're seeing consolidation in general, and it makes some sense,'' David Abella, a portfolio manager at Rochdale Investment Management in New York, said in an interview with Bloomberg Radio today. ``I think the environment for drugstores is a little tougher.''

Rochdale manages $2.5 billion including about 181,000 CVS shares as of June 30.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The first one is the Hudson (Greenport) store - newly built about a yr, yr and 1/2 ago (if you look at the upper left corner you can see a bit of the Peebles/former Ames).

The 2nd one is the Ravena location - this store was an old Brooks that was sold to Revco then to CVS - but it was further down in the plaza (this is the same plaza with the GU/Shop 'n Save).  This building is slightly separated from the rest of the plaza and sure looks like an old grocery store (maybe the original Grand Union??).
The second photo actually is a former A&P Supermarket's Centennial/Colonial design.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeRa

Here  is a picture of a CVS/pharmacy, in Center City Philadelphia, that started out as a movie palace.  this building first opened in 1921 as "Aldine Theatre" by Jules E. Mastbaum's Stanley Company of America.  this theatre closed in late 1953 by Stanley Warner Theatres (who acquired Stanley Company of America in 1930).

In 1954, this theatre reopened as "Viking" Theatre", then closed in the 1960's.  It then reopened in mid 1960's by Rugoff (Cinema 5) Theatres as "Cinema 19 Theatre".

In 1974, Sam Shapiro's Sameric Theatres acquired the Cinema 19 Theatre, twinned it, and renamed to "Sam's Place Twin Theatre".  In the mid 1990's United Artists Theatres (who acquired Sameric Theatres in 1988) closed this theatre.  CVS acquired the building and opened there.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

Does anyone know of a CVS that actually closed and did not move? There was a fairly new CVS in my area that appears to have closed and is now Advance Auto Parts. :no: :flaming:
And many former Acme stores have become CVS it seems.
The ones in Rosemont, Broomall, Folsom, and Conshohocken PA are all former Acme stores (very old ones). There are more which I forget right now.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
Does anyone know of a CVS that actually closed and did not move? There was a fairly new CVS in my area that appears to have closed and is now Advance Auto Parts.

Where is that CVS. Did Advance remodel it or does it still look like a typical CVS store.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Does anyone know of a CVS that actually closed and did not move? There was a fairly new CVS in my area that appears to have closed and is now Advance Auto Parts.

Where is that CVS. Did Advance remodel it or does it still look like a typical CVS store.

It still looks just like the top photo here. Address: 6600 Market St, Upper Darby, PA‎ (try Street View)

videogamer75

That's strange to see that they would close a freestanding CVS location and didn't even move. Business must've been real bad there.

Mobil

CVS in Rosemont, PA, a former Acme.

Mobil

CVS in Paoli PA, a former A&P.

Mobil

They just tore down a former Exxon that was abandoned for years to built yet another CVS.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
That's terrible, my idea was better than that...

It's like calling Kmart: Consumer discount stores

Well, the current CEO says that he now considers CVS to stand for Customer, Value, and Service. So you were kind of right.

Mobil

CVS's newest design:

Mervyns

Yesterday my prescription at Walgreens was transferred to CVS, and this was the worst CVS in the area. A very dilapidated store. Horrible customer service as well.

Marc82

CVS's newest design:

That is very nice. They should buy that empty lot on Route 10 next to Outback and build a new store there to replace the one in the Southington Plaza.

Mervyns

Interesting how CVS has changed their store designs so much over the years but not their logo.

Mervyns

Longs is NOT becoming CVS, just owned by them now

videogamer75

That's good. I like how Long's is a regional chain, but manages to get lots of customers because of their good service and good values. :)

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns
Longs is NOT becoming CVS, just owned by them now

Actually, they are (except in Hawaii)
 "All the Longs stores will change their names to CVS, except in Hawaii. CVS management says the store is so popular in The Pineapple State that they decided to keep the name the same."
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/38829182.html

videogamer75

That's great!!!! :)

Mervyns

Eckerd has mall locations with pharmacies, like the one at King of Prussia. CVS built their mall locations after their regular stores all had pharmacies, don't believe what you read, the "/pharmacy" is nothing new.