Main Menu

CVS

Started by Caldor1999, May 02, 2005, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

CVS
i worked tyhere and i hated it also my dad is the night manger there too
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Anonymous

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!                                                                                                     Your Eckerd is now CVS! :yup:                                                                                                       THANK YOU FOR YOUR  COOPERATION!:dizzy:

store215

We have several locations nearby, but we don't like shopping there because of the whole "card thing". I wish they would ditch that.

We did go last night because they has something on sale, and they scaned the store card. Too bad the teenage male cashiers were too busy talking and playing with the photo machine as we tried to check out.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
We have several locations nearby, but we don't like shopping there because of the whole "card thing". I wish they would ditch that.

We did go last night because they has something on sale, and they scaned the store card. Too bad the teenage male cashiers were too busy talking and playing with the photo machine as we tried to check out.

I don't like those cards. There's a sale price but you need the card.  Shaw's often has that too.  So i go to Brooks or Rite Aid.

dooneyt63

CVS stores have come a long way.  They have an excellent store brand offer.  They took pains to really remodel the Eckerd stores in Florida.  Normally, I don't like to see aggressive remodels....it's so neat to see vestiges of past retail incarnations in a present store; however, most of the Eckerd stores were eminently forgettable decor-wise.

storehistoryguy

What does CVS stand for? :huh:

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
What does CVS stand for? :huh:

I'm not sure but i think it's :

Care
Value
Service

store215

Consumer Value Stores. (yeah, it doesn't sound very Pharmacy-ish, does it?)

Zayre88

That's terrible, my idea was better than that...

It's like calling Kmart: Consumer discount stores

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
That's terrible, my idea was better than that...

It's like calling Kmart: Consumer discount stores

CDS? How about that can be there slogan. On the commercials it'll sing, "Kmart, The Customer Discount Store!" They can get the same people who sung the Thriftway song! :yup:

d_fife

CVS SEEMS TO BE Moving a lot of their stores out of strip malls and into bigger stores.

Like in HAverhill Mass, it relocated it's westgate plaza stoer across the street, and in Gilford NH it relocated its store in the Wal-mart plaza nearby in a bigger store, and in Keene it moved its stores in the WEst st plaza and Key Road Plaza and opened ONE Bigger location, hence it relocated 2 locations into one store.

They have closed stores. The old School logo was just the CVS, and thats it.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
CVS SEEMS TO BE Moving a lot of their stores out of strip malls and into bigger stores.

Like in HAverhill Mass, it relocated it's westgate plaza stoer across the street, and in Gilford NH it relocated its store in the Wal-mart plaza nearby in a bigger store, and in Keene it moved its stores in the WEst st plaza and Key Road Plaza and opened ONE Bigger location, hence it relocated 2 locations into one store.

I agree, they really want to have independent stores out of the traditional shopping plazas.  In Seabrook they did just that.  Moved from the Southgate to a new building nearby.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

I agree, they really want to have independent stores out of the traditional shopping plazas.  In Seabrook they did just that.  Moved from the Southgate to a new building nearby.

I know they did that in seabrook. I was there months ago.

In nashua they did this, CVs was in the Westside Plaza (amherst st Rt.101A) and a 5 years ago they relocated across the street. ON DW hwy in Nashua, there were 2 CVS (actually 3 one in the pheasant lane mall as well) in the Royal Ridge plaza and Shaw's plaza, CVS rolled the 2 locatiosn into one by relocating them near Best Buy, hence it closed the 2 and relocated. In Salem NH, It was in the stateline plaza and it relocated 1 plaza north, in the Auto Zoen plaza in some vacant space, but it did not remodel the outterior.

In Chelmsford Mass it did this, it relocated across the street. In Manchester nh CVS was in the Bradlees plaza on south willow st and it moved across the street.

I beleive they started like in Lowell Mass. I saw a small free standing store near the Middlesex plaza Market Basket. IN NORTH CONWAY NH Cvs was in the Northway plaza and relocated up the road in a vacant small outlet plaza.

CVS has closed stores: Steeplegate Mall NAshua, Claremont NH, HOoksett NH (It was in the Kmart plaza and closed 10 years ago), SAlem ROckingham mall (the one with Kohl's),

In falmouth, Milford, and Yarmouth mass and warren RI it has the updated ones, meaning they must have relocated from old spots. RITE AID HAS DONE THE SAME THING CVS IS DOING!

On the company website it lists acess real estate.

the new locations have this look:

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Whats with the backslash the "/" in the logo?

is it a CVS or Pharmacy?

why can't they do it like this?

It is more like a replacement for with - CVS with pharmacy - you will still see a few stores without pharmacies (mostly in mall locations - though they are disappearing along with the malls) that simply have the CVS part.

storehistoryguy

Jag67

And what does an 8 year old girl have to with boy scouts or buirth control pills?? come on!! It's like rebel without a cause here!!

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

A CVS located on site of a former Hojo restaurant...

Caldor1999

A CVS located on site of a former Hojo restaurant...

now that i dont like:mad:

lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

Why don't CVS mall locations have pharmacys? They're just CVS.

dooneyt63

Many of them date to the days when CVS did not have pharmacy departments.  They were mostly just HBA stores.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by dooneyt63
Many of them date to the days when CVS did not have pharmacy departments.  They were mostly just HBA stores.

This is correct (and also the fact that, "who is going to go to a mall just to pick up an Rx?"). Notice the fact that almost every mall from the late 90's.....+ does not have a "drug store" in them.

I have seen CVS ads from the 80's without the /pharmacy that only show health and beauty supplies, candy, film etc.... They were more of a Variety store than a pharmacy until the very late 80's. Only certain (usually the newest) locations had Pharmacy counters (which is why the whole /pharmacy thing came about).

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by dooneyt63

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
This is correct (and also the fact that, "who is going to go to a mall just to pick up an Rx?"). Notice the fact that almost every mall from the late 90's.....+ does not have a "drug store" in them.

I have seen CVS ads from the 80's without the /pharmacy that only show health and beauty supplies, candy, film etc.... They were more of a Variety store than a pharmacy until the very late 80's. Only certain (usually the newest) locations had Pharmacy counters (which is why the whole /pharmacy thing came about).

There seems to be a variety of choices/options - for example in the Albany metro area:

The Colonie Center store had a pharmacy (and exterior entrance) until a couple years ago, when they opened a store a couple blocks up Wolf Road - they then closed the pharmacy but kept the store open - this one certainly was a great example of what was noted above about just going in the mall to get an Rx as parking is always hard to find.
The (former) Northway Mall store was always just a CVS (no pharmacy) even though it was in a couple different spots over the years.  
The Latham Circle Mall still has (as far as I know) a Cvs/pharmacy with exterior entrance (and it's one of a few 24 hours stores in the area).  
In Clifton Park they opened a new store on Rt 146 opposite the Clifton Park mall and completely closed the one in the mall.  Same thing with Mohawk Mall (before it was demolished - this mall was unusual in that it had TWO drugstores after the Price Chopper in the mall closed and it's spot was divided into Fays and Paper Cutter).

Crawford

These are all over the place now aren't they. A lot of great old landmarks were torn down to build these. I agree the ones in the malls didn't have the pharmacies although the ones that were in shopping plazas usually did and had the pharmacy right on the signage to differentiate.  The world headquarters of CVS is in Woonsocket RI.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor