Checkers/Rally's

Started by videogamer75, September 26, 2009, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogamer75

Talk about Checkers and Rally's restaurants here.

The Adamantium Elbow

We used to have `em around Pittsburgh but sadly they're gone. Such a sin too because I really liked their food. I used to work down the street from one. I don't know I think I've just gotten bored with McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King.

nims57

I used to go to a Checkers in the Bronx... good times. They tore it down for a Linens N Things!

videogamer75

I go to the Checkers in Sicklerville, NJ. I love their chicken strips and fries.

EddieJ1984

I like checkers, they have good milkshakes.

JimSawhill

How's the Checker's doing in Connecticut doing? I'm wondering if they are indorr seating. Down here, checkers only have outdoor seating....

retailisking

Rally's had a couple of locations in Nashua, NH in the late 80s-early 90s. They didn't last long. The one on Amherst Street I frequented became a McDonald's; the one on Main Street became a Burger King.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2209&dat=19890813&id=CvYlAAAAIBAJ&sjid=R_wFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6339,3185669

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 04, 2012, 03:27:06 PM
How's the Checker's doing in Connecticut doing? I'm wondering if they are indorr seating. Down here, checkers only have outdoor seating....

Checkers closed their only Connecticut location in Bristol last week.

JimSawhill

Checkers as a restaurant is iffy. The one near my office is hit or miss (mostly miss, since the associates mess up the order 85% of the time). At the best checkers here the food is ok...

EddieJ1984

Checkers is opening up a new location in Northeast Philadelphia, at Welsh Rd and Roosevelt Blvd in what originally was a Taco Bell, then a Jakes Wayback Burgers for a short bit.
I'm gonna guess that means the one at Rhawn and the Blvd will be closing when it opens, but it'll be interesting to see a checkers with indoor seating if they keep it that way.

JimSawhill

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on December 06, 2013, 09:39:47 AM
Quote from: JimSawhill on April 04, 2012, 03:27:06 PM

Any updates on the old Checkers...What is there now?

EddieJ1984

The one opened on welsh rd, and the rhawn one is still open, so I guess they just wanted to add a 2nd location.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on May 28, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
Any updates on the old Checkers...What is there now?
[/quote]

Enterprise Rent-A-Car moved there from downtown Bristol.

giantsfan2016

Checker's is eyeing Connecticut for expansion including a possible return to Bristol. It's also almost a done deal that they're coming to Bridgeport.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/bristolpress/article_b2e57318-716e-11e6-86b2-bb95042d37ec.html

JSIDA17

Quote from: Marc B on September 03, 2016, 11:20:54 AM
Checker's is eyeing Connecticut for expansion including a possible return to Bristol. It's also almost a done deal that they're coming to Bridgeport.

http://www.centralctcommunications.com/bristolpress/article_b2e57318-716e-11e6-86b2-bb95042d37ec.html

I hope so! They should definitely put some at least somewhere in CT or even southern Mass. I haven't even been to one since I lived in Florida because I never see one up here!

retailisking

I ate at Rally's back when they were in New Hampshire in the late 1980s-early 1990s. The two locations they built in Nashua became McDonald's and Burger King.

Bdubs

Quote from: Marc B on September 03, 2016, 11:20:54 AM

They have broken ground for the Checkers in Norwich.

busman_49

I had a hankering for a couple of hot dogs since my lunch yesterday from Skyline was such a huge disappointment.  YUM!!!  The fries are awesome, and the funnel cake fries are well worth the $1.79.  And the fact that they serve Pibb Xtra...  a 5-star lunch!

EddieJ1984

Saw the Checkers at Roosevelt Blvd & Rhawn St in Northeast Philadelphia was all dark, then tried to call the number and the line has been disconnected.

There is still the Checkers at Welsh Rd & Roosevelt Blvd In a former taco bell) which opened 3 years ago that when it opened I thought they may close the Rhawn St location.

buzz86us

I have noticed the locations in Ohio are a lot less sketchy than the ones in New York City.. is there a chance that the Ohio ones are corporate owned?