JC Penney bashing

Started by Caldor1999, May 01, 2005, 05:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i dont hate them all that much i think they sell some good stuff but like Sears they lost there was as a Dept store u just cant really compair them to Filene's Lord & Taylor Macys Dillards Kaffmans or Bloomingdails
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

JCPenney isn't a department store anymore. It's a clothes store.:(

Sad sad sad....

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67

Sad sad sad....
yep thats why i think there gonna go next :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

yeah and whats worse is that they're current commercials suck

with a BAD BAD sped up rendition of Aritha Franklin's song "think"
AND HAVING SQUARE SHAPED THINKING BUBBLES YUK!

I believe they're getting desperate sigh:(

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
yeah and whats worse is that they're current commercials suck

with a BAD BAD sped up rendition of Aritha Franklin's song "think"
AND HAVING SQUARE SHAPED THINKING BUBBLES YUK!

I believe they're getting desperate sigh:(

yea thats how i feel i miss "JC PENNY DOING IT RIGHT"

but now a days JC Penny is not doing it right wich is sad cause there trying so hard to stay in there i wish they were how they use to be like Macys and such but there trying:no::hurt::(:(
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Quotebut now a days JC Penny is not doing it right

lol:roll:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
JC Penney is a womens store

tops my list for most boring store.

thats why i dont like it its a store for older women lol

idd go to Macys Filenes Filene's Basment Blomingdailes Kohls
and many small mall stores to get my clouths
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Thats my biggest problem with penneys. They focus too much on women and not enough on men. Why do you think they ditched their electronic lines and auto centers???

MEN LIKE TO SHOP TOO!!!!!

Zayre88

Auburn's old style JCPenney.  Located in an outdated Mall :P

truviking05

WOW...just recently, I saw a Penney's like that in a mall that isn't even that outdated!!! JUST like that lol!

Jag67

all of penneys stores are outdated:bouncing:

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
OHH I like that pic Zayre88 I love old school

Which mall is that from?

The Auburn Mall, Auburn Maine. A mall with a lot of vacant stores, including one of the two anchors, 60,000 sq-ft. former Porteous dept store.

JCPenney keeps the mall alive, but Kohl's is coming nearby ...

Caldor1999

well i just went to a few recalty they have changed there line up the one in danbry CT sells frunture and dressed aa nd such there kida turning into a kohls like store now
Caldor Forever!

MontgomeryWardFan

I like Penneys They Have Cool Clothes and Have a nice enviroment

Mervyns

Their stores are disgusting. And they ruined Eckerd and Thrift Drug.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns

dident they sell Eckerd to CVS
Caldor Forever!

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

They let the Eckerd stores become outdated and disgusting, compared to Walgreens/Rite Aid/CVS. Then they sold them to CVS, who closed most of them AND become the biggest drug chain in the process.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

They let the Eckerd stores become outdated and disgusting, compared to Walgreens/Rite Aid/CVS. Then they sold them to CVS, who closed most of them AND become the biggest drug chain in the process.

so really you can balme cvs for that
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

No you can't. CVS just bought and remodeled some of the Eckerd stores. They didn't actually buy the whole chain, JCPenney still owned it, and it's their fault Eckerds became outdated and messy because they're the ones who controlled it.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
No you can't. CVS just bought and remodeled some of the Eckerd stores. They didn't actually buy the whole chain, JCPenney still owned it, and it's their fault Eckerds became outdated and messy because they're the ones who controlled it.  

yea but they sold it to cvs and cvs is the one who closed them down not jc penny sure maby jc penny dident do a good job with them

but for me i dont care cause there were no Eckerds were i lived
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

Them being closed has nothing to do with what I said, I was referring to the fact that it wasn't CVS' fault they became messy, which is what I thought you were talking about. sorry for the confusion.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Them being closed has nothing to do with what I said, I was referring to the fact that it wasn't CVS' fault they became messy, which is what I thought you were talking about. sorry for the confusion.

its ok but i still think cvs is to blame as well as JC Penny they probbley should have let the company go out on its own but sometimes thats a bad move look at what happend to bradlees
Caldor Forever!

wwefan101

close jc penny ther to over priced  we dont need them anways

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by wwefan101
close jc penny ther to over priced  we dont need them anways

not gonna happen anytime soon besides you need over priced stores and well compaired to places like nordstrom and boolingdales JC Penny isent over priced i pretty much see it as being in the middle with sears but slightly diffrent
Caldor Forever!

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Jag67 on May 03, 2005, 02:14:50 PM

Sad sad sad....

The JCPenney Store that I shop at is still a Department Store. I bought my couch and matching chair there earlier this year. I love shopping at this location and it is the only location that I will shop at.

I also go to JC's 5star OUTLET which is an original JCPenney Outlet Store. An independent company bought all of their JCPenney Outlet Stores and renamed them to JC's 5star OUTLET.

ynkeesfn82

As part of their revamp earlier this year they removed all the directional signs from the store.  >:(

shore72

We hadn't been in a JCP for about 9 mos but my wife got a gift card for Christmas so we stopped in. It wasn't pretty. The place seemed bare, with lots of empty spaces on the racks. Dirt, trash, hangers and clothes littered the floor. Clothes racks were dusty. Most of the help seemed uncaring, like they'd given up. At the jewelry counter they had signs saying 30% off, in the fine print it said good 12/26-1/5, but also had some older 20% off signs, good through 12/24. My wife asked which sale was in effect and was told 20% (?) She bought some slippers that were supposed to be on sale but, again, bad signage-they were regular price. A bad experience all around.

One thing the visit did do: our next stop was at the other end of the mall, and I gotta tell you, JCP really made Boscov's look good! That place was packed, both with shoppers and merchandise. You could hardly move in the shoe dept. One bored clerk at the JCP shoe counter, several at Boscovs and they couldn't keep up-my wife decided against buying shoes today only because she didn't feel like waiting. (they did have better deals and better shoes at Boscovs) One place looked like it was about to close for good, the other looked like it was having a grand opening. Read into that what you will.

XDeSuEhTX

Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on December 25, 2012, 01:46:39 AM

Sad sad sad....

The JCPenney Store that I shop at is still a Department Store. I bought my couch and matching chair there earlier this year. I love shopping at this location and it is the only location that I will shop at.

I also go to JC's 5star OUTLET which is an original JCPenney Outlet Store. An independent company bought all of their JCPenney Outlet Stores and renamed them to JC's 5star OUTLET.

Wow, really? Our JCPenny store as always been mostly a clothing store ever since I can remember, and never been to any other locations. Though I've heard stories about how they were once more of a department store, and sold all sorts of things. I can't imagine seeing something like furniture there.

Anyway I like JCP, I just wish they would carry more of a variety in clothing. Levis and Arizona aren't gonna to cut it, you need more.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

TRJ_22487

The JC Penney Catalog used to be the MUST HAVE book at Christmastime when you were a kid some 20, 25 years ago....

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: XDeSuEhTX on December 30, 2012, 01:14:14 AM
Quote from: IGA/Kmart Is Forever! on December 25, 2012, 01:46:39 AM

Sad sad sad....

Wow, really? Our JCPenny store as always been mostly a clothing store ever since I can remember, and never been to any other locations. Though I've heard stories about how they were once more of a department store, and sold all sorts of things. I can't imagine seeing something like furniture there.

Anyway I like JCP, I just wish they would carry more of a variety in clothing. Levis and Arizona aren't gonna to cut it, you need more.

I like JCPenney, too. My mother has always taken me there since I was a little boy. Believe it or not, the JCPenney store that I go to is a second-story (two-floor) JCPenney which may explain why they are still a department store given the fact that they have a lot more space in their store to expand their product selection and what they carry which in the end allows them to offer and sell more than just clothing.