AMESFANCLUB
January 19, 2018, 03:47:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the new guy  (Read 2236 times)
DCLPJim
« on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:12 AM »

Hello, I am Jim.  I worked at the distribution center in leesport, pa from april 01 to 11-01-02.  i was one of the last men standing campany wide, except for rockey hill.  being that i was a second shift lp i locked down the building for the last time before the luquidators came in. though i was not there the longest i owe my longevity to the fact that i was the second and third shift equipment trainer, thus i knew how to operate all the equipment in the building, as well i was intrusted to catalog, load, and ship all the incomeing security equipment from all the stores.  as i turned out the lights and secured the docks, i couldnt help but get choked up as i stood there in the total darkness.  the silence was almost defining. no buzzing of the lights, no motors running, no air leaking from the conveyor controls. just me and the ocational gust of wind ratteling the dock doors.  i headed out the employee entrance for the last time, the cold steel of the chain in my hand rattleing as i walked.  before i left i took one last look back into the dark wharehouse, then turned and walked thru the turnstyles. i opened the exit door to the parking lot, my black 78 impala siting alone in the middle of the barren black top. i turned, rapped the chain through the handles of the doors, and locked the lock for which i no longer had the key for.  as i left, i looked over my right sholder and looked at the now dark ames sign for a minute, then drove off into the darkness.:(
jmcnamara96
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 01:06:57 PM »

Welcome to the club man

NJxxJon
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

ME. TEXT AWAY.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »

Howdy......

______
________

Grand Union... There is a lot in store for you!

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »

Welcome to the Ames Forums Jim, thanks for the info you shared about the Leesport, PA DC.

There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: