AMESFANCLUB
January 21, 2018, 06:21:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collins, NY  (Read 1989 times)
amesguy95
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »

I don't actually live anywhere near there, but this particular Ames caught my attention because it looks like it was built from the ground up specifically to be an Ames. It's a single store, connected to no others, unlike other Ames.

Anyone know of any other Ames like this?
gu4ever
Expert Member

Grand Union... There is a lot in store for you!

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »

Originally posted by amesguy95
I don't actually live anywhere near there, but this particular Ames caught my attention because it looks like it was built from the ground up specifically to be an Ames. It's a single store, connected to no others, unlike other Ames.

Ames store #0386 that opened on 1080 Hospital Drive in ST Johnsbury, VT was also a free standing location. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or if it was because the size of the lot and the fact it was built on such a steep grade of land.

There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.
Ames303
Pre-Awesome Ames Dude

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 07:06:20 AM »

Originally posted by amesguy95

Ames store #0386 that opened on 1080 Hospital Drive in ST Johnsbury, VT was also a free standing location. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or if it was because the size of the lot and the fact it was built on such a steep grade of land.

Ames #080 on Rome Rd in Pulaski, NY was built from the ground up as an Ames in 1977. It was freestanding for a few years until a couple of stores were added to make it a plaza. The Ames was expanded twice.  The original layout had sound and video up front across from the service desk. It had only four checkout lanes that were quickly doubled up with registers on the end of the checkstand. Decor was multi colored until the first expansion in 1980 or so when they went to white on red.
BillyGr
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »

This location in Greenville (NY) is also a freestanding building (though there is a shopping plaza just to the right of it with a supermarket and several smaller stores):

http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/gallery/main.php/v/ames/stores/NY/greenville/050506/

Not certain if it was built for Ames but I'd guess most likely it was.

On the other hand the Rensselaer (NY) store, while not freestanding WAS definitely built for Ames:

http://www.amesfanclub.com/getstore.php?ID=377

This was built onto an existing plaza that housed a ShopRite on the right end and several smaller stores (including a Wheels Auto and at about the same time as Ames was built they completed the connection that housed a Rite Aid).
This entire plaza is now office space for CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation), a different reuse but at least not just another empty plaza!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: