Circuit City

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standa

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The one in Hamden, CT is going to be a Savers. Opening like within the next couple days. Heard the ad today on KC-101.3

It's the Orange, CT one that will be Savers.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by standa

It's the Orange, CT one that will be Savers.

Oopsie. See what happens when your only half paying attention to the ads? Orange? How about Lemon or Lyme or Cherry? :bouncing:

jmcnamara96

Nashau NH is getting its first Savers in the old Circut City and at the trift store i got a Circut City shirt and a book store is taking over the twetter in Salem and Nashua

Amescaptain77

6 days until the one year anniversary of circuit city's demise. Long live circuit city!!!

TRJ22487

Keene NH. It was only open for a few years

NeverBeenToAnAmes

Wow, has it really been a year already? They got really bad service wise the last two years of business.

d_fife

Quote from: NeverBeenToAnAmes on March 24, 2010, 02:45:12 PM
Wow, has it really been a year already? They got really bad service wise the last two years of business.

why doesnt it become a BEst Buy?

EddieJ1984

Here is pics I took today of the old circuit city thats now a P.C. Richard & Son. Of course I tried to take same pics that I did when it was a circuit city. (top one bein a panoramic picture)
I have yet to go in it as the pc richards yet, and they clearly weren't busy (god knows the employees wouldve bugged me to death since im guess they get paid by commision)

TRJ22487

Circuit City was the fake sponsor for FOX's "The Cleveland Show" last week.
The slogans for the fake bumpers were
"Circuit City - There's still one left!"
and
"Circuit City - Even our name was bad!"

CTAmeshopper

Ours is still empty, it briefly became Spirit of Halloween for Halloween, but then it sits empty again. They should tear the whole store down it's an eyesore.  :P

Zayre88

Former Circuit City on Stillwater Avenue in Bangor, Maine:

11/2010

TRJ22487

Are the mass majority of these staying vacant? None around my area have become anything

Zayre88

Quote from: TRJ22487 on November 21, 2010, 08:23:37 PM
Are the mass majority of these staying vacant? None around my area have become anything

MAINE:
Bangor: Vacant
Augusta:  Vacant
South Portland: became Goodwill store.

NH:
Portsmouth: became Ocean State Job Lot
Nashua: became Savers
Concord: Vacant?
Manchester: bought by Quirk Autos
Keene: ??
Salem: ??

Williston VT ??  http://www.jldavisrealty.com/images/TaftCornersPark_FormerCircuitCity.pdf

jmcnamara96

TRJ22487

Keene NH is definitely Vacant, as is Amherst NH which was open less than a year.

C. Fontaine

The Circuit City in Holyoke, MA is now an Ultimate Electronics.

ynkeesfn82

Meriden, Connecticut:

Savers - Opened August 2010.

Deal$ - Opened Late October 2010. Deal$ is owned by the Dollar Tree Coporation and seems to be like a Big Lots type store, but much cheaper. http://www.deals-stores.com/

And according to the website for Centro Realty there's still 6100 Sq. Feet Available for rent.

http://www.centroprop.com/LeasingBrochures/5109.pdf

This building was originally an A&P Super Foodmart. Years ago there was another building on this property that housed a Blockbuster, a Chinese restaurant, and several smaller stores, but they were all ripped down.

BillyGr

Quote from: Illusions DJ Marc on December 07, 2010, 11:18:31 PM
Deal$ - Opened Late October 2010. Deal$ is owned by the Dollar Tree Coporation and seems to be like a Big Lots type store, but much cheaper. http://www.deals-stores.com/

Basically it's on the same idea as the Dollar Tree stores, just that they offer items with different prices rather than just $1 (like $2, $3 etc.).  This way they can offer more items since they have a greater pricing range to work with.

If I remember correctly (only went in one once, since they aren't in this area of NY) they had it set up in sections with signs for the pricing (like all the $1 items, $2 items etc.).

It also was a separately owned chain at one point several years ago, and was then bought out by the Dollar Tree folks (I remember people discussing it at that time, since under the previous owners they accepted coupons (like Family $ and $ General do) and that stopped when Dollar Tree took over).

beachgal26

Luckily, ours did not sit vacant for long and quickly became an hhgregg.

jason83080

Edit: Late-January 2012 Updates!

North Olmsted, OH - Has been closed for years. Only other residents in plaza are a Giant Eagle grocery store and a Factory Card & Party Outlet. (FCO has recently closed. Isn't it owned by Party City? If so, it might have relocated to the NO Towne Center plaza in a new building in front of Target.) Still has original "angled plug" entrance present.

Elyria, OH - Closed with the company. Has been Halloween USA for two different Halloween seasons.

Parma, OH - Demolished; IIRC, its old lot is going to be home to a new Giant Eagle store.

Brooklyn, OH - Ridge Park Square - I think this one is now a Five Below, but I'm not sure. The old Circuit City is in the back "phase 4" building next to Lowe's, and is currently home to a Marc's Deep-er Discount Store. Five Below, contrary to prior belief, is way in the front of the RPS complex.

retailisking

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on December 06, 2010, 07:25:26 PM
I think Salems vacant

It's an Ultimate Electronics now, just like Holyoke. Gotta visit soon while they're still around.
(photo credit: Matthew A./Yelp.com)

Kmart4life

Here is our closed lacation in Lakeland
\Pictures\Closed Circuit City.jpg

TRJ_22487

Keene, NH Circuit City while it was still opened. Opened in 2005 when the plaza was developed, closed in early 2009 and the logo was quickly taken off. I happened to be eating lunch across the lot the day they took off the logo. It has been vacant ever since with nothing in sight. A couple posts up I posted pictures of what it looks like without the logo

TRJ_22487

No idea what location this was other than somewhere in the midwest US

Kmart4life

Our only Circuit City is now Big Lots and I miss that store. :'(

EddieJ1984

Man I was going through my pics and its been 5 years since circuit city closed, crazy how time flies.

Caldor1999

forgot i had these here is the white planes ny location this store opened in 2003 and it had since become a shoprite

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

EddieJ1984

Weird I dont see my pics in this thread, oh well here are some from 5 years ago

zonemad96

2980 Whiteford Rd, York, PA location, became an Ultimate Electronics and is currently Big Lot's.

buzz86us

lol @ Ultimate that store lasted like 2 months around here what a waste.