Circuit City

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

tokensafari

Dislike they're customer service, they drive me crazy. Best Buy is like that to an extent but not as bad. I can't walk 5 feet without someone asking me if i need help. I do all my shopping at Best Buy. I only buy something at Circuit City if i have to, i mean.. if they have the same thing cheaper or w/e.. i'll buy it.. but i try to keep that to a minimum.

Caldor99

u are right about the costmer service it's not that great there

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Dislike they're customer service, they drive me crazy. Best Buy is like that to an extent but not as bad. I can't walk 5 feet without someone asking me if i need help. I do all my shopping at Best Buy. I only buy something at Circuit City if i have to, i mean.. if they have the same thing cheaper or w/e.. i'll buy it.. but i try to keep that to a minimum.

Exact opposite for me. I think they have good customer service compared to Worst buy. I never have had anyone ask if i need help when i am browsing around (this is nice compared to Worst Buy where they try to push service contracts, magazines, doughnuts, and what else) CC seems to have better prices, but their computer dept. is pretty low.

Next year I will have a new CC in my town, so i'll probably even shop there even more than driving 8 miles to the nearest best buy

tokensafari

I used to love Circuit City.. but when Best Buy moved into to town,  i started shopping there. I like the atomsphere at Best Buy!

SomeBeach

Circuit City is closing a ton of stores here in Michigan -- they doing that anywhere else?

I think it's funny that they use We're With You for a slogan, when that used to be the slogan of Kessel supermarkets in MIchigan.

HoJofan206

Circuit City is/has closed lots of "under performing" stores and kept the higher volume locations.  Their biggest problem is that the stores are usually located very close to Best Buy.
Like em or not, Best Buy is twice the size of Circuit City and can offer a little better pricing on most things.  I agree, you are contstantly asked if you need help when walking around a Circuit City.  Nobody asks you at all when in Best Buy.  Guess it just depends if you like to be solicited for help or not.

df559

One old slogan I remember of theirs was "Welcome to Circuit City. Where service is state of the art."

Does anyone remember the old commercials where they would show the front of the store being "plugged in"? On 1980's era locations, the entrances were made in a tall rectangle covered in red tile that was supposed to resemble a plug. In the TV ads, there was a CG ending that showed the rectangle being "plugged in" to the hole in the front of the building... The old CC here still has this shape, but the furniture store that's in there now covered up the red tile with some type of stucco. They left the 80's aluminum siding, though, and if you look closely you can still see where the signs saying "AUDIO" "VIDEO" "APPLIANCES", etc. were hung.

I will try to take a picture of the location here, which was built exactly like the one shown on TV, but int he meantime here is a location with a similar loooknig "plug" on the front of the building.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by df559
One old slogan I remember of theirs was "Welcome to Circuit City. Where service is state of the art."

Does anyone remember the old commercials where they would show the front of the store being "plugged in"? On 1980's era locations, the entrances were made in a tall rectangle covered in red tile that was supposed to resemble a plug. In the TV ads, there was a CG ending that showed the rectangle being "plugged in" to the hole in the front of the building...  

Here's what you remember! (click the orange "Download" Button)  CC Commercial from Dec 1993(.wmv format) link

df559

Hmmm... I can't get that to work!

Here is a picture of the old Circuit City here. The "plug" has had the red tile covered over with stucco, but the aluminum panels are original Circuit City design!

df559

Another view of the old CC, you can see where the car stereo installation was..

df559

When Circuit City moved to a new location in the 1990's, they tore down a really, really dumpy 1960's K-Mart, but they recycled the roadside sign. Where it says "Northgate" is where the red "K" was, and where it says CC is where the turquoise "Mart" was. (Where it says Audio-Video-Computers is where it originally said "Northgate Shopping Center")

Jag67

hey guys this is really cool!! Our circuit city was built in the early-mid 90's (Around 1994-95). I don't like circuit city's new logo. it's too "trendy' looking.

storehistoryguy

The newer Circuit City sign is annoying. I like the old plug.

storehistoryguy

Natick, MA. Nice sunset! :roll:

Apparently it moved there from this location in the same town.

http://users.rcn.com/encarta95/stores/loews.html

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

they have been putting the new sign and logo all over. well circuit city is just updating their image. they have been doing that to every circuit city I know of, like manchester new hampshire and nashua new hampshire for instance.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

they have been putting the new sign and logo all over. well circuit city is just updating their image. they have been doing that to every circuit city I know of, like manchester new hampshire and nashua new hampshire for instance.

I also think today's Circuit City buildings look odd. So did the old ones, but those where unique to look like a giant plug. Remember in the old commercials in the 90's the building plugged into the ground at the end? Today's, like the one pictured below, have that small logo not it the middle but to the left a little on a yellowish gold whatever it is background. Just doesn't look right.

http://www.zug.com/gab/index.cgi?func=view_thread&thread_id=51144

amesman

The Poughkeepsie, New York store is the only one I know of that still has the "plug" look, and old logo. I believe the Middletown store was recently remodeled. I don't remember. Next time I go there, I'll look.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
The Poughkeepsie, New York store is the only one I know of that still has the "plug" look, and old logo. I believe the Middletown store was recently remodeled. I don't remember. Next time I go there, I'll look.

the one in peekskill still has the old logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

I noticed their new stores are a lot smaller (at least they feel smaller) than the "plug" stores

alphy91

In Dublin, CA they still have the "plug" design for the store.  If you go inside the doors and look to the ground you will see that they are still using a logo that is from the 70's or 80's!  (It is older than any logo shown on these two pages.):cool:
Charles H. :mrpink:

Ames#1171

Here is the Circuit City that was in Parma, OH for 10 years or more, but closed when they opened a new store in Brooklyn, OH.  This is picture is too dark, I 'll have to try and get back during daylight so I can get a better picture.

Ames" border="0

Crawford

Seekonk Mass still has the plug design and just underwent a remodeling. This is a pretty good size store. North Attleboro closed their plug store (it is now a Dollar Tree) and opened up a larger one nearby. They have the circle logo. I still prefer Best Buy since I think they have a better DvD selection as far as anime is concerned
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

storehistoryguy

Heres the Circuit City in Braintree, MA., same town where Bradlees Headquarters once was!

http://www.jjvaccaro.com/circuit_city.htm

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

This is a nice picture. Apparently Williams Company has been building Circuit City building throughout the country since 1988.

http://www.williamsco.com/projects.php?menu=retail&page=CircuitCity