Circuit City

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

The one that is now K&G was at Shore Mall in Pleasantville/Egg Harbor NJ.
The mall opened in 1968.
The Sears closed way back and is now Boscov's
There is a Grant City turned Value City.
Across the street was a Bradlees and Rickel.
The Circuit City in Marple Crossroads in Springfield, PA
still has the plug design and old logo.
The Circuit City in Wilmington, DE has the plug painted yellow and the new logo.

"The Source by Circuit City" was a joint venture between Circuit City and RadioShack in Canada.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

Yep. here's a picture I took of it.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75

That mall stinks. It was 90 out 2 summers ago and we went in after a trip of the parkway to waste some time...haha....The mall down the road on 322 is descent.
JN

Mobil

In the plaza across the street, there was a smaller store attached to the Bradlees. Do you know what it was? Or if the Bradlees used to be anything?

videogamer75

You mean that building with the red circle on it next to the Forman Mills (Which was Bradlees)? I don't know for sure, but I think that was an A&P. I once saw an A&P (I think it was on here actually) that looked just like that building.

dmx10101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3NGRMvvI_o cool documentary vid on the setting up of a new CC store.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

videogamer75

Heres the Circuit City in Sicklerville NJ

EDIT: Image too big, must be resized.

NJxxJon

Heres the Circuit City in Sicklerville NJ

That fugly yellow blinds people doesnt it? Damn! :barf:
JN

scottw73

it's funny how the banner say "Now Hiring" even thought they filed for Chapter 11 and probably not hiring

XISMZERO

Here's the Circuit City in TRUMBULL, CT. at the Westfield Trumbull / mall. Taken 2-14-2009

It's an outparcel / not connected nor accessible through the mall.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Circuit City in TRUMBULL, CT at the Westfield Trumbull / mall. Taken 2-14-2009.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the vacant Circuit City in ORANGE, CT on Rt. 1. Taken 2-14-2009.

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

This store closed upon the first round of statewide closings this past Fall. There's another, newer store near the mall in Milford about 3 miles away.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the Circuit City in NORTH HAVEN, CT. Taken 2-14-2009.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

TRU7536

Does anyone know how many CC's their are in Connecticut? Also, when did they open because it seems like the Trumball store has a older look then Newington and Manchester. However i know Manchester and Newington opened in the years 1994/1995 and i believe they were the first to open.

scottw73

didn't that Orange location become their "Clearance Store" after they moved to  their new location by the mall???

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Does anyone know how many CC's their are in Connecticut? Also, when did they open because it seems like the Trumball store has a older look then Newington and Manchester. However i know Manchester and Newington opened in the years 1994/1995 and i believe they were the first to open.

I think Trumbull Circuit City opened in 1996 or 1997 in place of an old movie theater. I can't confirm this, perhaps someone can...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

The style used by the Trumbull, CT Circuit City is actually newer than the Newington and Manchester ones. The red plug stores were first built around the late 1980's, and were used until about 1996 or 1997 like XISMZERO said when they introduced the kind of look that Trumbull's store has.

Mervyns

I heard once that a homeless criminal was living in an abandoned Circuit City, and was able to access the Toys R Us stockroom next door.

Marc82

Yes. It was on the news a few years ago.

Mervyns

The style used by the Trumbull, CT Circuit City is actually newer than the Newington and Manchester ones. The red plug stores were first built around the late 1980's, and were used until about 1996 or 1997 like XISMZERO said when they introduced the kind of look that Trumbull's store has.  

The plug stores were built from 1988 to 1993. Hopefully they won't all end up like the one at Shore Mall.

Mervyns

When did they change their logo to the current one?

EddieJ1984

There seemed to be 2 versions of their last logo, the first one where was a red circle with circuit city in it, and then the second version with added a shadow to the letters and a silver ring/outline to the red circle.

First version of circle logo

Second version of circle logo

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns

The plug stores were built from 1988 to 1993. Hopefully they won't all end up like the one at Shore Mall.

I don't like how K&G, when renovating the old Shore Mall CC, cheaply made the ENTIRE building white, and I mean the whole thing. It actually looks like they just took a bunch of white plywood and slapped it all over the facade.

Mervyns

I don't like how K&G, when renovating the old Shore Mall CC, cheaply made the ENTIRE building white, and I mean the whole thing. It actually looks like they just took a bunch of white plywood and slapped it all over the facade.  

Maybe it would look better if they kept the old Pantry Pride look. My CC has the plug design and old logo, but looks very outdated inside and out. Especially inside.

Kmart4life

Ours is pretty much ko'd they had 1 or 2 tvs and a stereo system but for the most part they are finished.:(

retailfan

Same in Greenwood  a few dvds  lots of fixtures wiring and XM Radios  an tons of laptop cases and laptops but they still are only giving 10 percent off laptops  ours is getting a shipment this friday and  are expected to stay open for a few weeks longer but he said by March 15th pretty much all of them would be gone  

videogamer75

Maybe it would look better if they kept the old Pantry Pride look. My CC has the plug design and old logo, but looks very outdated inside and out. Especially inside.

No, I really like the plug design CCs, they're just about the coolest storefronts. I meant that I didn't like how K&G cheaply painted the whole thing bland white, and got rid of the aluminum siding.

GothicPrincess

GOOB sale at Circuit City in Monroeville, PA. I'll post the outside pic here, and the link to the others so I'm not flooding the board with 10 pics/posts. Thanks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12675558@N02/3329559642/ start there and go right.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!