Circuit City

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

sign of the peekskill ny one.

d_fife

the one in meriden CT near the mall. and it must have opened like 5 yrs ago or was remodeled

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the one in meriden CT near the mall. and it must have opened like 5 yrs ago or was remodeled

circuit city sign in meriden ct

d_fife

back of circuit city in meriden Ct from the mall's point of view.

d_fife

the one in scarboro or scarborough / south portland me that opened in late 1996.

d_fife

the one in scarboro or scarborough / south portland me that opened in late 1996.

scarborough

Marc82

The one in Meriden's only been open maybe two years at the most. I remember because they started building it about the same time they built the Best Buy in the Mall. Originally Ciricuit City was gonna be in the mall and Best Buy was gonan take the old Waldbaum's, but Circuit City decided they didn't want to be in the mall. It had to be about two years ago because Lord & Taylor closed in 2002 (not long after they opened) and Best Buy is part of the old Lord & Taylor.

ameskmart1

First Circuit City logo
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

d_fife

the one in bangor maine

d_fife

the one in bangor maine

bangor me

d_fife

the one in bangor maine

bangor me

bangor me

d_fife

circuit city in syraucse ny in the mall and this is the onyl one in the area.

d_fife

in syracuse ny and look at how close it is to best buy

d_fife

the one in utica / new hartford ny in the mall

d_fife

in victor ny (15 minutes from rochester)

d_fife

the circuit city in greece ny (near rochester) in greece ridge mall and that store and the cinema was the former caldor.

d_fife

the circuit city in greece ny (near rochester) in greece ridge mall and that store and the cinema was the former caldor.

greece ny

shakethis1234

circuit city in syracuse gets more busines than best buy

Zayre88

Circuit City ibn Portsmouth NH

shakethis1234

circuit city under best buy in carsel mall circuit get more bussiness

d_fife

circuit city in hamburg / blasdell / buffalo ny near the mckinnely mall.

ameskmart1

Source by Circuit City at West Edmonton Mall, taken in July
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Ames#1171

QuoteOriginally posted by Ames#1171
Here is the Circuit City that was in Parma, OH for 10 years or more, but closed when they opened a new store in Brooklyn, OH.  This is picture is too dark, I 'll have to try and get back during daylight so I can get a better picture.

I never did get a picture of the store in the daylight, but it's too late now it's gone.
Ames" border="0

beachgal26

You beat me to the punch, Marc82!  I found the article in the USA Today yesterday and am wondering if it will be another "Ames type" move if Blockbuster is starting to struggle and they go in and buy up an under-performing chain which could lead to their demise.  (Can you say Zayre, Gold Circle, etc.???)

:no:

Marc82

Companies always make boneheaded moves. I'm originally from Bristol, Connecticut. HERMAN's Sports signed a 20 year lease in what was then Caldor Plaza not long after the company  (Hermans) filed for bankruptcy and shut down a bunch or stores.

Olympia Sports moved in a few years later. Then they swapped spots in the plaza with the party store. Only difference was the party store affiliated with PARTY CITY. They went out after only a few years. Sat vacant for years. Citibank took part of the space last year. And the gym next door expanded into the rest of the space. Citibank is closing this year.

Now I don't know if the Bristol Commons ever terminated Herman's lease or if all these places are subleasing the spot form Herman's.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
The newer Circuit City sign is annoying. I like the old plug.

I agree. There was a Circuit City with the original plug design in Egg Harbor Township, NJ until about 2004. The last time I was there, I played the demo for Pokemon FireRed in the small video game section. It was also where we got our first computer. Now it's a K&G Men's Warehouse.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
This is a nice picture. Apparently Williams Company has been building Circuit City building throughout the country since 1988.

http://www.williamsco.com/projects.php?menu=retail&page=CircuitCity

so they were started in 1988???? thats as old as me lol

No, Circuit City started wayyyyyyy back in the 1940's as Wards (no relation to Montgomery Ward) and became Circuit City in the 60's. That company just started building CCs in 1988.

Ameskid

My Circuit City had the plug design and closed a couple of years back.  It is occasionally a flea market, but hey, at least it's still standing.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

videogamer75

My nearest Circuit City had the plug design and closed in 2004. I got my latest computer at that CC. It's now a K&G Men's Warehouse.

The new store just isn't that cool.