Wegmans

Started by amesman, May 01, 2005, 11:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

I didn't even know Wegmans still had stores open like that! They must be so different than the super wegmans all around here

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I didn't even know Wegmans still had stores open like that! They must be so different than the super wegmans all around here

oh well they do. and those ones are not 24 hours. the only one I went inside was the one in canandaigua ny. I wonder why Chase pankin went out, but they used lowe's and home depot as an EXCUSE, but there was probably more than that. like around most wegmans I found a vacant chase and and pankin.

BillyGr

Yes - The Rochester area is their home area, so they tend to have more (and older) stores - more like neighborhood stores in many places, whereas with the areas they are expanding into they tend to have a smaller number of stores in (often) higher income areas, which have the bigger format (more convenience stuff - in at least one NJ store, it's the whole right side from where you enter).

By the way - it's Chase-PITKIN - and as they were owned by Wegman's, that would explain why you find them together in many places (where space allowed).

Same example as found for Price Chopper. The older stores are found in the Captial District, and there are more of them. However, many of the old stores are starting to get updated.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr

By the way - it's Chase-PITKIN - and as they were owned by Wegman's, that would explain why you find them together in many places (where space allowed).

LOL.

Anyways, Most of the Blame for Wegmans dumping Chase-Pitkin can indeed be put on Lowes and Home Depot. No sense continuing to patch a boat that you know is gonna sink anyways. In my opinion, it was a smart move on their part, and now can put their full concentration on their Grocery Business.

d_fife

here is a wegmans in gates ny (outside rochester) across kmart

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is a wegmans in gates ny (outside rochester) across kmart

more of the wegmans in gates near kmart

d_fife

here is a wegmans in rochester ny (one of the many many of them)

d_fife

here is the wegmans on a back road in irondequoit ny (near rochester)

d_fife

here is the wegmans on a back road in irondequoit ny (near rochester)

the vacant chase patkin in irondequoit near the wegmans.

d_fife

wegmans in canandaigua ny

d_fife

wegmans in canandaigua ny

chase patkin canandaigua ny (it ws nera the hotel I stayed at). this and the other chase patkins I saw June 1, 2006.

d_fife

wegmans in webster ny (near rochester) and the oen near the Target / kohl's plaza.

d_fife

wegmans in webster ny (near rochester) and the oen near the Target / kohl's plaza.

vacant chase patkin in webster ny near the wegmans and near the target / kohl's plaza.

d_fife

here is the wegmans and vacant chase patkin in brockport ny (as of june 2, 2006). brockport is 20 minutes from rochester

d_fife

here is the wegmans in newark ny (about 40-45 minutes east of rochester)

d_fife

here is the wegmans in newark ny (about 40-45 minutes east of rochester)

chase patkin vacnat next to the wegmans in newark ny

d_fife

here is the wegmans in henrietta ny (near rochester) across the mall) and in the plaza as toys r us / borders / petco.

d_fife

here is the wegmans in henrietta ny (near rochester) across the mall) and in the plaza as toys r us / borders / petco.

chase patkin vacant in henrietta ny in the wegmans / toys r us / petco plaza across the mall

d_fife

here is the wegmans in geneseo ny (30 minutes south of rochester) in the old wal-mart plaza

d_fife

here is the wegmans in cheektowga ny (near buffalo) across the walden galleria.

store215

this looks like the store i work at that just opened last month

d_fife

wegmans in hunt valley maryland (20 minutes from baltimore) in this downtown like plaza.

XISMZERO

There's a Wegman's in Clay, NY by the Great Northern Mall. I saw one too in Johnson City. It appears this market is a heavy servant of upstate NY territory. There was a vacancy next door (probably Petkins). Would've taken a picture, but my trip (then) was cut short.

Wegman's is the #2 Top 100 companies to work for and I find this fascinating. What I also find fascinating is that their stores don't look like they've evolved past 1976 with browns and that groovy logo.

ANOTHER thing I find fascinating: they have stores everywhere in the N.E. but Connecticut. I'm betting this has something to do with the Stop & Shop craze we have in this state. Someone end Shaw's so Wegman's has space to build!

Next time I go upstate, I'm gonna stroll into one of these stores to see what all the pleasing feedback is all about...
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
There's a Wegman's in Clay, NY by the Great Northern Mall. I saw one too in Johnson City. It appears this market is a heavy servant of upstate NY territory. There was a vacancy next door (probably Petkins). Would've taken a picture, but my trip (then) was cut short.

Wegman's is the #2 Top 100 companies to work for and I find this fascinating. What I also find fascinating is that their stores don't look like they've evolved past 1976 with browns and that groovy logo.

ANOTHER thing I find fascinating: they have stores everywhere in the N.E. but Connecticut. I'm betting this has something to do with the Stop & Shop craze we have in this state. Someone end Shaw's so Wegman's has space to build!

Next time I go upstate, I'm gonna stroll into one of these stores to see what all the pleasing feedback is all about...

The Vacant store in Clay was a Chase-Pitkins. If you ever get a chance to take a stroll inside one of these stores, I recommend it. I'm a big Fan of my Supermarket Company, but Wegmans just is that much farther above. Just laid out well, Awesome Variety, Good Lighting, Welcoming, and huge.

As far as in NY State, the furthest East they come is the Syracuse Area. With Price Chopper in the Albany area, I don't expect them to go too much farther East.

powersbt

I can't believe that this hasn't been mentioned yet, however, it doesn't surprise me either.

Wegmans is doing away with Cigarette Sales in all of their stores. What will this mean in terms of other Supermarkets, and how long before other Chains follow suit??

As soon as I saw Wegmans take the Initiative to pull Tobacco from their stores, I knew it would be a matter of time before they disappear in my store.

XISMZERO

Here's the Wegman's in Liverpool, New York right down the road from Great Northern Mall and on the Clay line. Took these last May 2007.

I'm waiting for one of these to come to Connecticut!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the vacant Chase-Pitkin next to Wegman's in Liverpool, New York right down the road from Great Northern Mall and on the Clay line. Took these last May 2007.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Weird faux stain-glass on the Chase-Pitkin. Why do many Wegman's, especially newer ones, look as if they were built in the early 1980's?
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

shakethis1234

That Former Chase Pitkin in Clay is now Ameriacn Sinagure Fiurnature and Comming Soon Best buy Wegmans will be moving out back of the plaza where the golfers dome comples use to be

Joeg

I am not sure about this, but I hear that Wegams is coming to Massachuets(sic) somewhere in the Boston area.

can anyone find out about this??

This will surely change the landscape in MA if it happens.